2019 MLB Discussion

rico

17 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

How about the Harry Carey line about kissing after each pitch. I kiss her on the strikes and you kiss me on the balls. Not sure if real or just urban legend but funny none the less

I can picture a slightly liquored up Harry (like there was any other kind) using that line in a bar. 🤣

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Several parallels from the Nats' World Series run and my Blues' run to the Stanley Cup.  Less than stellar regular season, got hot when it counted, one extremely hot young star, and somehow better on the road than at home.  Oh, and a random-ass rally song.

Although Gloria is still infinitely less annoying than Baby Shark.  😁

Congrats to the Nats!

The Astros couldn't break it open against Scherzer (another gutsy performance) or get to the Nats bullpen.

AJ Hinch must have been listening to Frank Thomas...Why no Gerrit Cole rather than Will Harris? Why run Urquidy out there so late? Davey Martinez ran Corbin out there for 3 innings and then went to his closer...and look who got the brass ring...

Well, I have a feeling my barn isn't the only place I'll see long faces today...

46 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Congrats to the Nats!

The Astros couldn't break it open against Scherzer (another gutsy performance) or get to the Nats bullpen.

AJ Hinch must have been listening to Frank Thomas...Why no Gerrit Cole rather than Will Harris? Why run Urquidy out there so late? Davey Martinez ran Corbin out there for 3 innings and then went to his closer...and look who got the brass ring...

Well, I have a feeling my barn isn't the only place I'll see long faces today...

Scott is gonna be all over this one.  Greinke cruising then has a hiccup in the top of the 7th with one out.  Gives up a gopher ball and walks the next batter and then is pulled.  Not for Cole but for Harris...Harris' second pitch goes yard.  Just like that the Nats are up 3-2.  The line on Zack was 6.1 2H 2R...and he threw 80 pitches.  The case can be made he was pulled too soon WS or not.

1 hour ago, rico said:

Why didn't the Astros put in Cole when Greinke got pulled?

No clue. AJ Hinch can join the Dan Quinn (Falcons), Pete Carroll (not running Marshawn) and many other managers or coaches with championship on the line decisions to cost their teams a title. Greinke was cruising. The only guy who should come in was Cole (loose since the 5th). 

This is the match up i wanted to see and was pulling for the Astros but man i am happy for the Nats. Do you think the second guessing of a coach ever stops, especially in a championship game.  I still second guess a decision 15 years ago that cost us a Regional championship to the eventual state champ. Gotta think AJ will carry this one a long time

39 minutes ago, rico said:

Scott is gonna be all over this one.  Greinke cruising then has a hiccup in the top of the 7th with one out.  Gives up a gopher ball and walks the next batter and then is pulled.  Not for Cole but for Harris...Harris' second pitch goes yard.  Just like that the Nats are up 3-2.  The line on Zack was 6.1 2H 2R...and he threw 80 pitches.  The case can be made he was pulled too soon WS or not.

I understand the conventional thinking...pull Greinke at the point where he can only win the game (it was 2-1 when they pulled him, but he was responsible for Soto at first) and can't lose it. But Harris? With 8 outs to get? I'm going Cole, if he gets in trouble Urquidy to get me through 8, and Osuna in the 9th. 

But blame the Stros hitters too. They had Scherzer on the ropes all night and couldn't get the big hit. Cherinos bunt attempt was a head scratcher too. You've hit 2 dingers dude...go for the trifecta...

6 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I understand the conventional thinking...pull Greinke at the point where he can only win the game (it was 2-1 when they pulled him, but he was responsible for Soto at first) and can't lose it. But Harris? With 8 outs to get? I'm going Cole, if he gets in trouble Urquidy to get me through 8, and Osuna in the 9th. 

But blame the Stros hitters too. They had Scherzer on the ropes all night and couldn't get the big hit. Cherinos bunt attempt was a head scratcher too. You've hit 2 dingers dude...go for the trifecta...

Yeah, the disastros hitters with RISP is taking a back seat right now.

Archived