2019 MLB Discussion

rico

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, rico said:

Seeing reports that the Reds are interested in Ozuna and Castellanos.

I think every team in the league should be interested in Castellanos. Especially teams either trying to establish or reestablish their culture. I certainly want him back on Cubs. Speaking of off season. Found this list on twitter of Boras Free Agents. Busy, busy couple few months for Boras.

Scott Boras’ FA Clients.. Gerrit Cole Anthony Rendon Strasburg Hyun Jin-Ryu Nick Castellanos Moustakas Keuchel Jordy Mercer Trevor Rosenthal Greg Holland Brad Boxberger Jeremy Hellickson Matt Wieters Matt Harvey

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

I think every team in the league should be interested in Castellanos. Especially teams either trying to establish or reestablish their culture. I certainly want him back on Cubs. Speaking of off season. Found this list on twitter of Boras Free Agents. Busy, busy couple few months for Boras.

Scott Boras’ FA Clients.. Gerrit Cole Anthony Rendon Strasburg Hyun Jin-Ryu Nick Castellanos Moustakas Keuchel Jordy Mercer Trevor Rosenthal Greg Holland Brad Boxberger Jeremy Hellickson Matt Wieters Matt Harvey

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$...…………..

5 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Has to be a Billion in there right? In 2017 Google just told me he made $108 Million. Not a bad few comings up. Probably at least $50-$60M in earnings for him. Study hard kids! Who says the athletes makes the most!

"SHOW ME THE MONEY!"

On 11/17/2019 at 9:19 AM, Seeking6 said:

April 3, 2020

Scott Boras purchases his own island, renounces US citizenship, declares himself "Mayor and Supreme Poobah of Borasville Island". 

12 hours ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

The Captain, Derek Jeter is on the HOF ballot. Will be be another unanimous choice like Mariano was?

If Jeter has even one enemy among the BBWAA it won't be unanimous. They're vindictive that way. 

But of course he'll get in first ballot as he should...

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

If Jeter has even one enemy among the BBWAA it won't be unanimous. They're vindictive that way. 

But of course he'll get in first ballot as he should...

Yeah, the way those guys hold "grudges" is so "professional" it makes me sick.

12 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I have said it before if JR was not a unanimous selection then I dont know what it takes. Mariano and Jeter both deserving but in the modern era Griffey clearly should have been the 1st. The writer that did not vote for him gave his vote to another player because he knew was a shoe in

The heck with that...Babe Ruth wasn't unanimous.  Let alone you cant tell me that there are 15 better players than he was.

9 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

The Babe would never have been a unanimous choice. Too many holier-than-thou types in journalism at the time, and the man did have an appetite for food, booze, and the ladies...

And hence your reference to the BBWAA...if the the Babe ain't a unanimous, fine.  But there is no way in hell there are 15 players more deserving.  Geez, Ted Williams lost some prime years for his service to this country and there are 23 better players than him?  It is a sham  LOL

7 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Saw where the Reds acquired P Jose Deleon from the Rays.  He was once the top prospect in the Dodgers organization but had Tommy John surgery in 2018.  If he can get back to what made him a top prospect this could be a good under the radar trade.

I like the move.  Yes, De Leon was a hot commodity before injuries.  Hope and pray he returns to form.

15 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Grandal to the Pale Hose for 4 years and $73 million.

But until they address that pitching staff, they're second division. Glad they did take Grandal from the Brewers though.

I cringe every time I hear of an ex-Red mentioned.

Archived