NBA Thread

Just now, DC2345 said:

The Pacers have needed a 4 that can defend and rebound for several years. They got that in Walker. Walker makes plays that help teams win. 

He will get posted up at 6’8 and lacks the quickness to credibly cover fours like Giannis.   Nobody can guard him but he’s especially got no shot.  Off the bench, he can be a role player due to his motor.  

To quote Scott regarding Galloway, you aren’t winning big with him in the starting lineup IMO.  

Just now, BobSaccamanno said:

He will get posted up at 6’8 and lacks the quickness to credibly cover fours like Giannis.   Nobody can guard him but he’s especially got no shot.  Off the bench, he can be a role player due to his motor.  

To quote Scott regarding Galloway, you aren’t winning big with him in the starting lineup IMO.  

I guess we see this very differently. I see him as a definite starter who can give you 13 and 8

• Like 2

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

I guess we see this very differently. I see him as a definite starter who can give you 13 and 8

I love how hard he plays.  Maybe you’re right.  We will see.  His body type and height just seems odd to me.  Gives me a tweener feel.  He can step out though and he seems like a great kid.  Effort can go a long way even at this level.  

1 minute ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I’m not worried about it. He’s not that undersized considering there are plenty of guys similar to his size that play the position just fine. Collins and Randle are similar in size just to name a couple. 

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

So where are the Pacers going to get their superstar? The guys that lead you to a championship. Solid players are nice but until you identify and acquire those centerpieces what is the point of being a “winning team”. Gosh I wish they would swing big instead of playing it safe.

5 minutes ago, dgambill said:

13/14 watch for JHS….I think those are prime spots for him.

I like guys with upside and who have a translatable skill.  The Whitmores of the world at 6’8 are a dime a dozen.  JHS with his size and strength and elite ability to get in the lane has a skill set that should work.  There are some guys who have already gone who lack anything like that.  

Edited by BobSaccamanno
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I love how hard he plays.  Maybe you’re right.  We will see.  His body type and height just seems odd to me.  Gives me a tweener feel.  He can step out though and he seems like a great kid.  Effort can go a long way even at this level.  

Yeah, he measured 6’6-1/2, 248 at the combine. Round mound of rebound

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Last year the Pacers started Nesmith at the 4 at 6'6 so I think Walker will do a lot better

Just now, dgambill said:

It was an obvious pick for Dallas and they knew OKC/Orlando were stacked at center.

By the way, maybe next year ESPN can have Jay Williams host with Bilas and Redick as the analysts.  Let America glow in the fawning of Duke guys without even any constructive comments let alone criticism.  

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, dgambill said:

So where are the Pacers going to get their superstar? The guys that lead you to a championship. Solid players are nice but until you identify and acquire those centerpieces what is the point of being a “winning team”. Gosh I wish they would swing big instead of playing it safe.

Haliburton is already an All Star and will keep getting better. Mathurin will be an all star in my opinion 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1