NBA Thread

2 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Interesting pick.  Hopefully upside.  I’m glad they didn’t take a pedestrian guy like Walker or Whitmore.  

I think Whitmore has potential but heard he had health concerns. 

pretty interesting 6-7 first picks foreign and g league guys…only one college player.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

That would be to high to pick Grady

I would just pick the right guy.  Walker at 6’8 and not quick will likely not be more than a role player when you have shooting guards who are 6’8.   Kind of a stretch at 8.   The nice thing is he hustles and battles but you’d like more than a try harder guy in the top 8.   

Grady is dynamic with a legit high end skill.  Just because the GMs tell you he’s more of the 11th or 12th guy doesn’t mean they have good analytical skills.  

Edited by BobSaccamanno
  • Like 1

Just now, BobSaccamanno said:

I would just pick the right guy.  Walker at 6’8 and not quick will likely not be more than a role player when you have two guards who are 6’8.   Kind of a stretch at 8.   The nice thing is he hustles and battles but you’d like more than a try harder guy in the top 7.   

Grady is dynamic with a legit high end skill.  Just because the GMs tell you he’s more of the 11th or 12th guy doesn’t mean they have good analytical skills.  

I just go by what I actually watched this season and I don't think Grady is that great. He can shoot but was horrible on the defensive end.

Just now, IU Scott said:

I just go by what I actually watched this season and I don't think Grady is that great. He can shoot but was horrible on the defensive end.

Maybe but he’s got a skill that is in demand and is top notch.  Orlando will probably snag him.  There are a lot of shooters where you deal with their D and work around it.  

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

He looked athletic to me when I watched him.

“There's very few freshman lottery picks who can help a good team and a bad team," Houston coach Kelvin Sampson said. "Jarace will be succeed and excel no matter what situation he's in because his game is so multi-faceted. He can get to the rim and finish. He can pass it. He's got a nice floater, jump hook, with his back to the basket, he can turn and face, go left, go right. If you run at him he's going to make the right play. And people are going to love playing with him because he plays winning basketball."