NBA Thread

43 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

He doesn’t fit the Pacers current roster and it wouldn’t be as good for his development and career to be here as a result. Obviously that’s just my opinion, but Turner, IJax, and Jalen Smith are going to be hard for him to get minutes over. 

Agreed. The current roster would be tough to see him find the playing time.

Also from what I’ve seen Pacer fans can turn on local kids faster than others. George Hill and Oladipo both local in different ways have both been vilified by most Pacer fans. It would be tough for Trayce.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Agreed. The current roster would be tough to see him find the playing time.

Also from what I’ve seen Pacer fans can turn on local kids faster than others. George Hill and Oladipo both local in different ways have both been vilified by most Pacer fans. It would be tough for Trayce.

Oladipo...yes, Hill no.  For VO, he did it to himself.  He was brought in and given a stage for which he excelled, only to turn his back on the organization and do it in a manner that was unprofessional and disrespectful to Indy.  He did however end up giving the Pacers/city a gift by not accepting their offer in hindsight. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, IUALUM03 said:

Oladipo...yes, Hill no.  For VO, he did it to himself.  He was brought in and given a stage for which he excelled, only to turn his back on the organization and do it in a manner that was unprofessional and disrespectful to Indy.  He did however end up giving the Pacers/city a gift by not accepting their offer in hindsight. 

People hate George Hill….boy do they despise him. Maybe I hear different people than you but most can’t stand him from losing the Kawhi trade to just not helping us get over the top and some disappointing play to even being brought back last year and helping us win a couple games at the end of year losing out on draft positioning and taking time away from youth movement. Guy maybe has played in more championship and conference finals then any other and not win it all.

It also seems most Pacer fans I interact with aren’t IU fans though…so maybe I think they would be hard on tracye. I think he should forge his own path.

Edited by dgambill

Just now, dgambill said:

People hate George Hill….boy do they despise him. Maybe I hear different people than you but most can’t stand him from losing the Kawhi trade to just not helping us get over the top and some disappointing play to even being brought back last year and helping us win a couple games at the end of year losing out on draft positioning and taking time away from youth movement. Guy maybe has played in more championship and conference finals then any other and not win it all.

Yeah, I haven't got that impression on Hill, but could just not be around the right people, although in general there are always those fans, so doesn't surprise me.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, dgambill said:

It also seems most Pacer fans I interact with aren’t IU fans though…so maybe I think they would be hard on tracye. I think he should forge his own path.

Funny that Hill came back at the trade deadline and wants to stay at a place is despised so much.

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

I don’t mean that hate him as a person…they just hated the acquisition…..both times…

At the time of the trade no one new how good Leonard was going to be. 

So at the time of the trade no one was really upset.

Also we trade the draft pick for Hill because San Antonio wanted Leonard. If the Pacers kept the pick they wouldn't have drafted Leonard 

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

So am I understanding this Pacers trade correctly?? No way they could roster 4 players so they had to deal the picks. The 1st they are getting is the worst pick of OKC, Houston, Utah, and LAC? Might not be bad if Clippers go rebuild mode. 

They started with 5 picks and they didn't have enough roster space for them. So we give them 29,32 for 40 this year and the 1st next year. I wod think there could be more to come because we still have 4 picks. We could also pick a foreign player and stash them in Europe 

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Report: Wizards in talks to send Porzingis to Celtics, Clippers get Brogdon in 3-team deal
https://www.thescore.com/nba/news/2667438

All for trading Brogdon. Celtics have too many guards as is and need wing/frontcourt depth. 

With that said, Porzingas ain't it! Not high on this if there is any truth to it. 

3 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

So am I understanding this Pacers trade correctly?? No way they could roster 4 players so they had to deal the picks. The 1st they are getting is the worst pick of OKC, Houston, Utah, and LAC? Might not be bad if Clippers go rebuild mode. 

Should be something in the early 20s at worst. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, IU Scott said:

At the time of the trade no one new how good Leonard was going to be. 

So at the time of the trade no one was really upset.

Also we trade the draft pick for Hill because San Antonio wanted Leonard. If the Pacers kept the pick they wouldn't have drafted Leonard 

Not drafting someone because you already have a sf is the same dumb reason Portland passed on MJ. It’s bad management…but whatever. I don’t really trust the Pacers. They are more interested in how fast they can get into the play in tournament more so than putting in the investment of slowly building a championship contender.

3 hours ago, BGleas said:

All for trading Brogdon. Celtics have too many guards as is and need wing/frontcourt depth. 

With that said, Porzingas ain't it! Not high on this if there is any truth to it. 

How does he play alongside Williams and how do you keep him long term with the contracts he will likely demand. I don’t think Brogdon was the answer so yeah I wouldn’t mind moving off him if I was the Celtics…especially with White there…but I guess if you were going to take on big salary I would have thought you would have been in the Beal discussion. 

3 hours ago, IU Scott said:

They started with 5 picks and they didn't have enough roster space for them. So we give them 29,32 for 40 this year and the 1st next year. I wod think there could be more to come because we still have 4 picks. We could also pick a foreign player and stash them in Europe 

They do have enough roster space…if you move off old, unbuildable pieces like Heild, TJM, Theis, Hill and the younger guys that suck. They just want to make the play in so they don’t want to invest in a total rebuild like OKC did.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, dgambill said:

They do have enough roster space…if you move off old, unbuildable pieces like Heild, TJM, Theis, Hill and the younger guys that suck. They just want to make the play in so they don’t want to invest in a total rebuild like OKC did.

Just going by the current roster where the only free agents are Brissett, Hill and Johnson 

Why the hate for the organization because the last two years they have been great. You still living back 5 years ago when they were doing a bad job.

Edited by IU Scott
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

Just going by the current roster where the only free agents are Brissett, Hill and Johnson 

Like I said…we have plenty of older vets that serve no purpose on this team other than to try to make this team avg and get us to the salary cap floor.

10 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

I don’t look at the Pacers current roster and think it will keep them from selecting any position except maybe a PG. I also don’t think they’re done making moves so I could see one of the bigs possibly getting dealt in a deal. 

Agreed. Unless they were to select Scoot but they would have to move up for him. 2-5 is definitely available to draft.

7 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

I don't understand the NBA.   Why do teams agree to bad trades with Boston and LA?  I don't get the trove of 1st round  picks added.  Golden state's 24 is intriguing.   They are getting old on top of nearly constant injuries.  Danny's gone and the good ild fashioned Boston fleecing continues. 

Haha, right! When I woke up and saw the headline "Celtics deal Smart, get Porzingas" I was surprised and a little sad on the emotional part of moving Smart. 

But, when I read the article and saw we also got two first round picks? Wow, that's a haul for Marcus Smart. 

Granted very different situations and circumstances, but we got more for Smart then Washington got for Beal 🤣.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Haha, right! When I woke up and saw the headline "Celtics deal Smart, get Porzingas" I was surprised and a little sad on the emotional part of moving Smart. 

But, when I read the article and saw we also got two first round picks? Wow, that's a haul for Marcus Smart. 

Granted very different situations and circumstances, but we got more for Smart then Washington got for Beal 🤣.

Just unreal.  

• Like 1

Boston fleeced so hard. Not gonna be the only big trade to go down I would imagine.

Hoping my Lakers grab JHS at 17 but I don't think he makes it there. I really like Kobe Bufkin as well but same thing.

TJD going in the first round would be so awesome for IU. Pacers would be so cool.