NBA Thread

Already seeing some old heads trying to diminish this for Joker and the Nuggets because the Heat were an 8 seed.

Joker just had ten playoff triple doubles, the most ever, and beat Lebron and KD, on one of the more dominant run through the playoffs we’ve seen in recent years. We will see what this Nuggets team does in coming years, but this run absolutely stacks up as a really good run, IMO. 

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Already seeing some old heads trying to diminish this for Joker and the Nuggets because the Heat were an 8 seed.

Joker just had ten playoff triple doubles, the most ever, and beat Lebron and KD, on one of the more dominant run through the playoffs we’ve seen in recent years. We will see what this Nuggets team does in coming years, but this run absolutely stacks up as a really good run, IMO. 

Yeah, this was absolutely an all-time great, historic playoff run from Joker. 

• Like 2

On 6/13/2023 at 7:59 AM, KoB2011 said:

He was so stoic after the win. It was pretty cool to see a guy that just validated his legacy so far act like he’s been there before, even though he hasn’t. 

Well you could see how upset he was in the post game press conference when they told him about the parade. He just wanted to go home and see his family. He could care less about the hoopla. 

• Like 1

Wonder what the ratings were for the finals. While it was exciting last game it wasn’t exactly captivating high quality basketball. Both teams played good defense and really made scoring difficult on the other. Probably more physical than many would like. I’m sure the numbers won’t come back as good as last years.

Bradley Beal is likely on the move. I’m thinking Knicks/Heat would both be logical destinations given the makeup of their teams/assets and window of current rosters. Only way Boston could make that work is with Brown involved somehow and to me that doesn’t make them better. No way late draft picks and Smart + Williams will work. It’s just about draft time and I expect some other big names to surface as well.

https://theathletic.com/4609705/2023/06/14/bradley-beal-wizards-trade/?amp=1

2 hours ago, IU Scott said:

There are some reports that the Pacers are willing to trade our of the 7th spot for an established player. I wonder if this trade would work.

Pacers gets;

OG 

13th pick

Toronto gets; 

7th pick

26th pick 

29th pick 

55th pick 

Duarte 

Smith

I don’t think so…I also don’t think that is a good trade no matter how much I like OG. Word was at the trade deadline we tried to trade all our picks this year plus a future first for OG and we got turned down.

To me it isn’t a good move because OG has a player option next year and will undoubtedly exercise it for a huge contract. I think there will be better options for that money…including re-signing Haliburton to his max contact.

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

Some talk that maybe we swap with GS and get Kuminga…that would put us back out of the lottery at 19 but possibly could move our late picks plus a player to get back up close to the 10-12 range…eyeing Grady Dick.

No thank you, don't like either player

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

Whos a pro comp on him?  To me he's a high floor medium ceiling guy.  Do you take him at 7?  No. Not that a guy like him isn't valuable to have around.  

To me at best Dick is a Luke Kennard type of player and no you don't take him at 7. He is a really good shooter but is a terrible defensive player. Pacers need a player who can play defense and rebound and Dick does neither.

On 6/14/2023 at 7:31 PM, dgambill said:

Bradley Beal is likely on the move. I’m thinking Knicks/Heat would both be logical destinations given the makeup of their teams/assets and window of current rosters. Only way Boston could make that work is with Brown involved somehow and to me that doesn’t make them better. No way late draft picks and Smart + Williams will work. It’s just about draft time and I expect some other big names to surface as well.

https://theathletic.com/4609705/2023/06/14/bradley-beal-wizards-trade/?amp=1

I'm thinking Suns would be a more logical destination.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, rico said:

I'm thinking Suns would be a more logical destination.

I guess he forced that decision with his no trade clause….because the deal Washington got was atrocious. That said I think Ayton has to get moved now. There is only one ball to go around and they would be wiser to get a lot of depth. Pacers if they are still interested make a lot of sense. Myles, TJM, and maybe their second round picks would think it would work. Throw in some other guys to make it work out but TJM is a great backup point guard and a defender and Myles is a guy who can complement those shooters. He will get killed by Jokic but who wouldn’t?