NBA Thread

Miami was 8/15 from three and down 12 points a moment ago. Just want to make sure there is no confusion that the Heat just stopped shooting well is why the Nuggets won this series - the Nuggets are the best team in the league right now. They’ve got the best player and a perfect cast around him. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KoB2011 said:

Miami was 8/15 from three and down 12 points a moment ago. Just want to make sure there is no confusion that the Heat just stopped shooting well is why the Nuggets won this series - the Nuggets are the best team in the league right now. They’ve got the best player and a perfect cast around him. 

Yeah, my knocking the Heat's role players for killing the Celtics and now missing vs Denver is not a reflection of what I think of the Nuggets. 

I think Boston would have been a better matchup vs Denver than Miami is. But with that said, Denver is playing lights out. 

1 hour ago, BGleas said:

Yeah, my knocking the Heat's role players for killing the Celtics and now missing vs Denver is not a reflection of what I think of the Nuggets. 

I think Boston would have been a better matchup vs Denver than Miami is. But with that said, Denver is playing lights out. 

You must have woke them up…they shot lights out from 3 in second half. Some dumb mistakes by Denver cost them when they were already down.

1 hour ago, BGleas said:

Oh I know, I don't think you're the only person who has pointed that out nationally.

That fourth quarter felt like a few in the Celtics series with a combination of the Heat playing great, Nuggets playing pretty bad most of it, and some pretty poor officiating. 

Miami goes only as far as their 3pt shooting will carry them. Denver really did a much better job of contesting shots and closing out on shooters last night. Heat are a tough team and they really beat up on Jokic but in the end if they aren’t draining 3s Denver is likely going to beat them in every other facet of the game. Wonder if we will see Hero in game 4? With the exception of about 15-18 mins of game 2 in the second half Denver has really looked far superior.

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, dgambill said:

Miami goes only as far as their 3pt shooting will carry them. Denver really did a much better job of contesting shots and closing out on shooters last night. Heat are a tough team and they really beat up on Jokic but in the end if they aren’t draining 3s Denver is likely going to beat them in every other facet of the game. Wonder if we will see Hero in game 4? With the exception of about 15-18 mins of game 2 in the second half Denver has really looked far superior.

Really outside of the second half of Game 2 Denver has looked vastly superior in this series. And that second half the Heat looked better they barely won, despite Denver looking bad (by their standards), a very favorable whistle, and shooting lights out.

Heat don’t have much of a chance IMO. 

• Like 1

So Chris Paul is getting released by Phoenix. They really should have not Re-signed him last year…the ole hang on one year too long. I suppose he could give what Kyle Lowry had been giving Miami to some team but honestly he is a shell of his old self. I really don’t understand what Phoenix was doing with the Kevin Durant trade. Wondering if they move Ayton as well in trying to retool this roster to make a run with KD and Booker? Pacers tried to acquire him last year…do they make moves with Turner/Heild/TJ McConnell etc makes you wonder.