NBA Thread

9 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I think y’all are underselling Gradey Dick a bit. He’s longer and more athletic than Kennard or Heurter IMO.

If we must use a white guy comp, I think Gordon Hayward before the injuries is your ceiling (aka a really damn hood all around player). 

Chris Mullin?

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I think y’all are underselling Gradey Dick a bit. He’s longer and more athletic than Kennard or Heurter IMO.

If we must use a white guy comp, I think Gordon Hayward before the injuries is your ceiling (aka a really damn hood all around player). 

That's a pretty good ceiling comp.  Top 20ish player at peak and peak health.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

Didn't really play on the ball though. Physically he's more Hayward, which is why I said a bigger, stronger Heurter. I think he's fantastic. 

I don't really see the comparison to Kennard. 

29 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Didn't really play on the ball though. Physically he's more Hayward, which is why I said a bigger, stronger Heurter. I think he's fantastic. 

I don't really see the comparison to Kennard. 

He averages the same number of assists as the year GH came out of Butler and his usage was in the same range as Hayward. GH was at best the third ball handler on those Butler teams. 

24 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

He averages the same number of assists as the year GH came out of Butler and his usage was in the same range as Hayward. GH was at best the third ball handler on those Butler teams. 

He initiated offense plenty off the dribble though, more so than Grady, now he was a year older though, comparatively, and that's probably where Grady's game will evolve more and look like Hayward as a player and not a Heurter type guy. 

Edited by btownqb

4 minutes ago, btownqb said:

He initiated offense plenty off the dribble though, more so than Grady, now he was a year older though, comparatively, and that's probably where Grady's game will evolve more and look like Hayward as a player and not a Heurter type guy. 

I mean I'd have to go back and watch film, but statistically there's really nothing to back up there being a big difference in their roles in college. Assist numbers and usage numbers are very similar.

My recollection of those Butler teams is that Mack and Nored did most of the initiating. Hayward was 7th on Butler in assists per 100 possessions and assist percentage, Dick was 6th on Kansas in both of those stats. Maybe Hayward did initiate a lot of offense but he just wasn't good at it in college? 

14 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Guess he would sell tickets but that's about it. Actually besides the Knicks or Nets....Charlotte would be a franchise that would make that move.

If Dame wants to stay in Portland I could see them making a move with the number 3 in trying to put a win now team on the floor. Not sure how it would work with NY as they don’t have the high draft picks and obviously Randle and Zion are kinda similar pieces so they wouldn’t play well together. Can’t imagine Pelicans would swap for him. 

If you were the Clippers…would you move on from PG or Khawi?? A reset. It obviously hasn’t worked out how they want and you gotta get some equity out of those two before they have no value. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dgambill said:

If Dame wants to stay in Portland I could see them making a move with the number 3 in trying to put a win now team on the floor. Not sure how it would work with NY as they don’t have the high draft picks and obviously Randle and Zion are kinda similar pieces so they wouldn’t play well together. Can’t imagine Pelicans would swap for him. 

If you were the Clippers…would you move on from PG or Khawi?? A reset. It obviously hasn’t worked out how they want and you gotta get some equity out of those two before they have no value. 

I'm not the best at NBA stuff and matching contracts, players....but from a casual fan perspective I move on from PG.....and Kawhi while far better player to me you have to ask yourself is this going to work vs teams ahead of them in standings or teams (like Phoenix or Lakers)? To me the answer is an obvious no.

Total rebuild. Ship both for as many picks as you can get. Dump this coming year and run it back for 2 years from now.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I'm not the best at NBA stuff and matching contracts, players....but from a casual fan perspective I move on from PG.....and Kawhi while far better player to me you have to ask yourself is this going to work vs teams ahead of them in standings or teams (like Phoenix or Lakers)? To me the answer is an obvious no.

Total rebuild. Ship both for as many picks as you can get. Dump this coming year and run it back for 2 years from now.

Agreed…gotta feel like you got a year or two tops with those two at a high level. I like the Belichek way. Part a year early then a year to late. It’s the difference between a Beal trade and getting some sort of value.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Agreed…gotta feel like you got a year or two tops with those two at a high level. I like the Belichek way. Part a year early then a year to late. It’s the difference between a Beal trade and getting some sort of value.

And if I heard it correctly I think Denver has everyone coming back again. Why not dump. 

18 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

I mean I'd have to go back and watch film, but statistically there's really nothing to back up there being a big difference in their roles in college. Assist numbers and usage numbers are very similar.

My recollection of those Butler teams is that Mack and Nored did most of the initiating. Hayward was 7th on Butler in assists per 100 possessions and assist percentage, Dick was 6th on Kansas in both of those stats. Maybe Hayward did initiate a lot of offense but he just wasn't good at it in college? 

I'd say the trip to the championship says that. Just watching them yeah, Gordon was better at doing everything offensively than Grady, besides stand there and shoot. I mentioned he was bigger, stronger, and better athlete than Heurter. But I don't find GHs and GDs games really similar at all.  

5 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I'd say the trip to the championship says that. Just watching them yeah, Gordon was better at doing everything offensively than Grady, besides stand there and shoot. I mentioned he was bigger, stronger, and better athlete than Heurter. But I don't find GHs and GDs games really similar at all.  

Didn’t Butler make that run by turning the game into slop? Gordon shot 37% from the field and averaged 1 assist per game on that run.

I remember Hayward playing a lot of 4 and doing more rebounding than Dick, but Gordon Hayward as a playmaker and  facilitator didn’t really happen until Utah. 

I realize draft week is a lot of misinformation. We know JHS is going high and so happy for him. His life's worth of hard work gets rewarded Thursday.

Really pulling hard for TJD too. So much differing of opinion on him. Few guys yesterday were saying they didn't like him,etc....

Found this today on a mock. All I know is Archie almost made this kid a European league player inside of 2 years and Coach Woodson has made him borderline first round....I keep going back to the Warriors. Man he would fit that team so nice.

Trayce Jackson-Davis

PF – Indiana – HT: 6-8 1/4 – WT: 240 – WING: 7-1 – Sr – TJD is an overpowering force inside, despite not having elite center size. He’s become an advanced passer and play-maker who looks to be very NBA-ready.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

I realize draft week is a lot of misinformation. We know JHS is going high and so happy for him. His life's worth of hard work gets rewarded Thursday.

Really pulling hard for TJD too. So much differing of opinion on him. Few guys yesterday were saying they didn't like him,etc....

Found this today on a mock. All I know is Archie almost made this kid a European league player inside of 2 years and Coach Woodson has made him borderline first round....I keep going back to the Warriors. Man he would fit that team so nice.

Trayce Jackson-Davis

PF – Indiana – HT: 6-8 1/4 – WT: 240 – WING: 7-1 – Sr – TJD is an overpowering force inside, despite not having elite center size. He’s become an advanced passer and play-maker who looks to be very NBA-ready.

I want TJD in Indy.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Trayce Jackson-Davis

I'd be so thrilled with the Warriors for him - he'd be a great fit and could contribute quickly I think.

39 minutes ago, rico said:

I want TJD in Indy.  

This would be a big bummer for TJD, IMO. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rico said:

Elaborate.

He doesn’t fit the Pacers current roster and it wouldn’t be as good for his development and career to be here as a result. Obviously that’s just my opinion, but Turner, IJax, and Jalen Smith are going to be hard for him to get minutes over. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1