NBA Thread

4 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I just want a healthy Pacers team to judge. Problem is we just aren't having one. No Sabonis and now this with Victor. Darn it.

And yet it’s a 1-point game entering the 4th, P’s D got stops and that helped them fight their way back into it.
P’s lack of depth with the injuries etc likely will hold them back but to me calls for change and moving players are premature, they’re a good squad that when whole is dangerous 

• Like 1

Just now, Hoosierhoopster said:

And yet it’s a 1-point game entering the 4th, P’s D got stops and that helped them fight their way back into it.
P’s lack of depth with the injuries etc likely will hold them back but to me calls for change and moving players are premature, they’re a good squad that when whole is dangerous 

It's a really good team with a chance to be in Eastern Finals each year. Just want to keep them together and for once stay healthy. Haha!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Well that’s probably the game, too bad P’s are short-handed 

Last couple of years that is he story of the pacers where they just can't stay healthy.  That is why I think McMillians has been a pretty good coach with winning as much as they have.  His problem is not being able to get out of the first round in his career.

Just haven't matched up well with the Heat this year.  They play very good defense and has a lot of length and athletic ability.  To me it always seems like the Pacers just does not have the really long athletes that really help on defense. Turner is a great shot blocker but that does not mean he is a great defender.  it seems most of the his blocks are coming off his man for the block. As a one one defender in the low block he is not great.

7 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Last couple of years that is he story of the pacers where they just can't stay healthy.  That is why I think McMillians has been a pretty good coach with winning as much as they have.  His problem is not being able to get out of the first round in his career.

Yeah not being healthy is often the difference, losing Vic early in this game, even a Vic at 85 percent or so, hurts, that’s lost offense when you need it in the 4th.

I’m not sure on Nate, I don’t value him the same. I don’t see him pulling out tough wins when the cards aren’t in his favor. He has the P’s competing again but then he has players courtesy of Pritch. The offense you were complaining about earlier in this game is the offense he’s directing. He’s a pretty good coach, but not a great coach imo 

4 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Yeah not being healthy is often the difference, losing Vic early in this game, even a Vic at 85 percent or so, hurts, that’s lost offense when you need it in the 4th.

I’m not sure on Nate, I don’t value him the same. I don’t see him pulling out tough wins when the cards aren’t in his favor. He has the P’s competing again but then he has players courtesy of Pritch. The offense you were complaining about earlier in this game is the offense he’s directing. He’s a pretty good coach, but not a great coach imo 

I don't think he is great but when I look at the candidates  out there when there are openings just don't blow me away.  I just don't know who would be out there that would be an upgrade over him.

Also the offense I think is hurt with the starters is that there are no one to spread the court.  Warren has been shooting great down in the bubble but the rest of the starters are not great shooters.  It seems like when the team is healthy and the second unit the offense runs great.  You had both Holidays and McDermott to pen the court up  Also they say that Sabonis really helps the second unit because he is a great screener.

Edited by IU Scott

Just heard this terrible stat for the NBA.  The show 90 day fiance had a higher rating than any NBA game on Friday.  I know having games in the middle of the day will hurt ratings but this is not a good sign.  I know people take off for the NCAA tournament when the games are on during the afternoon but I don't see that happening in the NBA.

Was encouraging that we still ALMOST won the game with Sabonis and Vic.  Vic can't catch a break.  Bumped knees(his repaired knee that is) a few mins before getting poked in the eye and had to leave.  Aaron never got going due to foul trouble.  Myles continues to get outworked by other big men more times than not.  When he and Sabonis are both on the floor he plays outside, but without Sabonis its forced him back inside where its physical.  Here is a list of centers that he has gone against that always get the best of him:

JV - When in Toronto and now in Memphis

Embiid - Sure he gives everyone fits but he gives Myles problems

Vucevic - Myles is much quicker and the better defender here but still has issues when plays him

Adebayo - BAM just out muscled Myles all season and it showed yesterday. 

These are just a few to name(yes I know three of em are all stars, however, I want my big man to compete and do better than 9 points and 9 rebounds when our top two scorers are out of a game let alone a playoff game).  I am very hard on Myles as I know he can become even better and he's only 25, however, at what point does he become the guy that on the other end of my point of view.  I'm not so sure that may happen but I continue to give him the benefit of the doubt since he's "young".   

I know injuries are part of the game, but damn it seems the last 2 years that's what is all been about is injuries(Sabonis after hiatus, Vic with his knee, Brogdon is fragile but that's the risk we took with signing him). 

6 hours ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

And the Blazers take game 1. Blazers are legit, this should be a good series 

Lebron will have to average a triple double, Davis will need to add 30 points and 15 boards and they will need the other three starters to score more than 10 points if they want win this series.  Lebron is great, however, a supporting cast is needed and even though this is the Lakers, outside of Anthony Davis and maybe Kuzma I'm not so sure this team will advance past the 2nd rd if they beat Portland. 

Dame and CJ are the real deal, sprinkle in a very very good Center, a up and coming guard in Gary Trent Jr and add in vets like Whiteside off bench and Melo that is starting. Moreso Dame but if both he and CJ are hitting close to 50% of their shots each game, watch out.  I'm calling an upset here in 6 games with Blazers winning this series

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

Lebron will have to average a triple double, Davis will need to add 30 points and 15 boards and they will need the other three starters to score more than 10 points if they want win this series.  Lebron is great, however, a supporting cast is needed and even though this is the Lakers, outside of Anthony Davis and maybe Kuzma I'm not so sure this team will advance past the 2nd rd if they beat Portland. 

Dame and CJ are the real deal, sprinkle in a very very good Center, a up and coming guard in Gary Trent Jr and add in vets like Whiteside off bench and Melo that is starting. Moreso Dame but if both he and CJ are hitting close to 50% of their shots each game, watch out.  I'm calling an upset here in 6 games with Blazers winning this series

Yeah, said earlier I wouldn’t be surprised to see Portland win the series. Lakers lost 2 players coming in and they’re really not that good outside LeBron and Davis. If they get Rondo back though, that could change the equation, though, imo, that’s still iffy. Blazers are solid and Dame is playing on another level. 

The team that surprised me was the Rockets. No Westbrook and they dominated the Thunder? They live by the 3 and will likely die by it, but I didn’t see them owning the Thunder like that 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Just heard this terrible stat for the NBA.  The show 90 day fiance had a higher rating than any NBA game on Friday.  I know having games in the middle of the day will hurt ratings but this is not a good sign.  I know people take off for the NCAA tournament when the games are on during the afternoon but I don't see that happening in the NBA.

The games on Friday were meaningless games..... 

• Like 1