NBA Thread

1 hour ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Mark Jackson? 
He built the Warriors, former Pacer great

Another possible, haven’t checked if he’s still available

Kenny Atkinson - did great with the Nets

I would target Atkinson if I were the Pacers. What he did in Brooklyn was pretty incredible. 

I’m not a Nate McMillian fan as far as coaching, I think he’s pretty middle of the road, but with that said when you look at the Pacers without Sabonis and a still recovering Oladipo, Miami is just a better team. They just are. They have the best player in the series, Bam is the best big with Sabonis out, and they have far more shooting. 

To be honest, while Toronto is definitely a formidable 2nd round opponent if the Celtics advance and that should be a great series, Im glad to not have to see Miami in the 2nd round. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I would target Atkinson if I were the Pacers. What he did in Brooklyn was pretty incredible. 

I’m not a Nate McMillian fan as far as coaching, I think he’s pretty middle of the road, but with that said when you look at the Pacers without Sabonis and a still recovering Oladipo, Miami is just a better team. They just are. They have the best player in the series, Bam is the best big with Sabonis out, and they have far more shooting. 

To be honest, while Toronto is definitely a formidable 2nd round opponent if the Celtics advance and that should be a great series, Im glad to not have to see Miami in the 2nd round. 

Don't forget that the Pacers are without Jeremy Lamb as well

22 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Top 4 picks in draft

Timberwolves

Warriors

Hornets

Bulls

If I’m both the T’Wolves and Warriors, I’m putting my pick on the market. GS for obvious reasons, and for Minny while I don’t really like either KAT or Russell, they are both young All-Stars but they’re not that young in terms of years in the league anymore. They don’t need another #1 pick trying prove himself and making young mistakes, they need to surround KAT and Russell with another high level, but established player. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, IU Scott said:

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/29706616/nba-likely-pushing-back-dec-1-start-2020-21-season-adam-silver-says

Looks like the NBA will move back the start of the next season.  It was slated to start 12/1 but the commissioner probably will move that date back.

From a basketball perspective, the bubble has been a phenomenal success, but from a financial one I’d guess Silver is going to do anything he can to hold off next season as long as they can to hope that they can have home arenas with ticket buyers in the seats. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, BGleas said:

From a basketball perspective, the bubble has been a phenomenal success, but from a financial one I’d guess Silver is going to do anything he can to hold off next season as long as they can to hope that they can have home arenas with ticket buyers in the seats. 

True...but the NBA has been discussing pushing back the season for years. Going up against football is not good for marketing. Add a late finish to this season and late offseason, draft, and yes Covid it is the smart thing to do.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Trade VO, Turner and A. Holiday to Golden St. For Clay Thompson and 2nd pick.  VO is getting schooled by Duncan Robinson a former D3 player.

Oh Scott.

First, GS is not trading Klay. Pure fantasy.

Second, stating the team should now trade Vic (who’s clearly not fully healthy yet) is knee - jerk frustration at how the team is playing now, short-handed and not healthy, and flat out ignores how well Vic has played, consistently, as the team’s best player before his injury. 
So Warren broke out in the bubble — but how is he scoring now, in the playoffs, guarded by Butler? Obviously, he’s largely shut down. Who has shut Vic down, when healthy? What did Vic do in the last playoffs, healthy? Your over-reaction is extreme, and ignores that the Pacers are just out-matched right now due to circumstances 

and btw Duncan Robinson has turned into an extremely good nba player, the kid is ballin 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Oh Scott.

First, GS is not trading Klay. Pure fantasy.

Second, stating the team should now trade Vic (who’s clearly not fully healthy yet) is knee - jerk frustration at how the team is playing now, short-handed and not healthy, and flat out ignores how well Vic has played, consistently, as the team’s best player before his injury. 
So Warren broke out in the bubble — but how is he scoring now, in the playoffs, guarded by Butler? Obviously, he’s largely shut down. Who has shut Vic down, when healthy? What did Vic do in the last playoffs, healthy? Your over-reaction is extreme, and ignores that the Pacers are just out-matched right now due to circumstances 

and btw Duncan Robinson has turned into an extremely good nba player, the kid is ballin 

The reason.I would trade him is that he will be gone on a year once he is a free agent.  As a smaller market team you just have a level that is hard to get past in the NBA.  Unless you get lucky in the draft like San Antonio or now Milwaukee where you get a super star.  We will see Milwaukee in a couple of years losing Gannis to free agency.  Also with Vic I am getting the same feeling I got from PG where I think he no longer wants to be here in Indy.

8 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

The reason.I would trade him is that he will be gone on a year once he is a free agent.  As a smaller market team you just have a level that is hard to get past in the NBA.  Unless you get lucky in the draft like San Antonio or now Milwaukee where you get a super star.  We will see Milwaukee in a couple of years losing Gannis to free agency.  Also with Vic I am getting the same feeling I got from PG where I think he no longer wants to be here in Indy.

Ok I can understand where you’re coming from - but I think you’re reading into things and I generally don’t agree with your perception. I don’t get the vibe Vic wants to leave. I just see a not fully healthy player and a depleted squad getting outplayed by a complete squad. 

Who know with Greek Freak. Players who stayed - Dirk, Duncan, among others, and of course 18 years of Reggie. Giannis is repeatedly on a best record team with a real shot at winning a NC. Middleton though needs to raise his game in the playoffs, and the Bucks may need to add another high level scorer. I don’t see Giannis as a leave-to-team up player. I’d bet on him staying, at least as of now