NBA Thread

3 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Hearing some interesting info that Pacers had in mind that they wsnted and did not think he would be available.  So the extension came and with the uncertainty of next year Nate was the option. Now I'm Hearing said coach is available.  Who that is I don't know. 

IF the said coach is available one would think it's someone not currently employed as a coach?  Stan van Gundy or Kenny Atkinson maybe?  If this said coach is on a current roster that would be tampering wouldn't it?  I do not think they would go that far but then again I didn't think they'd fire Nate either. 

Edited by dwtaylor1055

58 minutes ago, ATX_sig said:

They want D'Antoni.  LOL.  That is some of the ugliest basketball to watch ever that  he coaches.  Hopefully it is the Suns version and not the Rocket version.     

Definitely don't want him because I hate watching the Rockets play or at least Harden and Westbrook. 

18 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Wonder f we hear the name of Mark Jackson since he played for the pacers.

above, I suggested either Jackson or Atkinson. Jackson built GS. He reportedly had some run-ins with players at times, he's very religious and that somehow has become an issue, apparently, at times. Atkinson reportedly was loved by his players, as dwtaylor mentioned. Loved Jackson as a Pacer though, and really don't know enough about his reported run-ins with players. Either would be great, imo.

11 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

To me I think the main reason Nate is no longer the coach is that players did not like playing in his offense.  The played at such a slow pace and did not seem like he had much of an offensive mind.

His playoff record is terrible. His offense is weak. Was never high on him, this is, imo, a good move.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, cybergates said:

How many remember Kenny Atkinson as instrumental in the Richmond Spiders upset of defending NCAA champion Indiana Hoosiers in 1988?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/sports/1988/03/19/richmond-upsets-indiana-72-69/450ae7e5-c735-4d30-9197-51c3896ad61f/

Lol I didn't even think of that, oh man. And his first win as an NBA coach was against the Pacers.

19 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Saw where that the Celtics and Raptors got together to talk about boycotting their first game.  Now it was just reported that the bucks has not been on the court and they are thinking about boycotting the game.

Here's my thing. First kudos to the players. They have whatever right to do what they want to do....but if the game is played tomorrow or Friday what's been accomplished? 

44 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Here's my thing. First kudos to the players. They have whatever right to do what they want to do....but if the game is played tomorrow or Friday what's been accomplished? 

Doesn’t that apply to any boycott?

They want to bring more attention to the repeated killings by police of unarmed black men. This incident is horrible, and again. The boycott may or may not bring more attention. 

19 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Doesn’t that apply to any boycott?

They want to bring more attention to the repeated killings by police of unarmed black men. This incident is horrible, and again. The boycott may or may not bring more attention. 

I don't want to break any rules about commenting on what happened in Kenosha. So I won't touch that part of your post.

Regarding the NBA players and now league. If they play these games this weekend does the boycott or demonstration or whatever term people want to use actually accomplish anything? To me (while their platform is dwindling) they still have a large stage to do something with that stage. Just not playing tonight and playing this weekend to me doesn't do much.

15 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I don't want to break any rules about commenting on what happened in Kenosha. So I won't touch that part of your post.

Regarding the NBA players and now league. If they play these games this weekend does the boycott or demonstration or whatever term people want to use actually accomplish anything? To me (while their platform is dwindling) they still have a large stage to do something with that stage. Just not playing tonight and playing this weekend to me doesn't do much.

Again, doesn’t your question apply to any boycott, generally? Who knows, it’s the choice they made. I already said it may or may not bring more attention 

15 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Had to research for the reason behind the boycott.  Here it is :

NBA postpones Wednesday's playoff games as players protest shooting of Jacob Blake

Is the NBA digging a hole.... they won't be able to get out of ?

Well if you go by the ratings down in the bubble they are already in that hole. I think the ESPN games are down 10% and the TNT are down 40%

3 minutes ago, IUskim said:

Well if you go by the ratings down in the bubble they are already in that hole. I think the ESPN games are down 10% and the TNT are down 40%

Serious question. If the ratings continue to remain down.  Should the networks request a renegotiation of their contracts ?

1 minute ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Again, doesn’t your question apply to any boycott, generally? Who knows, it’s the choice they made. I already said it may or may not bring more attention 

In some situations yes. But here's a situation since we want to keep things consistent from the NBA. The NBA didn't boycott in China last October after the Chinese government said first amendment doesn't apply. I think I remember a line from Dr. King when he said an injustice anywhere is injustice everywhere. Just seems like the NBA is choosing where those injustices are.

Won't touch more on this one. Want to stay consistent with board rules. From a business perspective only....not anything else....the NBA is losing what viewership they still have. Based on ratings I'd say the NBA is going to go the way of baseball did in 94-95.

• Like 2