NBA Thread

Just now, Hoosierhoopster said:

You're being confrontational. If you have an issue take it up anytime with me or any other mod, by pm. 

You posted it literally moments before I posted what I posted. I saw what you posted right after mine went through. I am not being confrontational in the least bit I'm just telling you what happened. 

You asked us not to discuss it here, I wont. And I wouldn't have made the second reply, if I had seen your post in time... but I didn't. 

2 hours ago, DC2345 said:

Here are some of my takes on the Pacers going into the offseason. 

1.) Myles Turner has peaked and some of you over value him. He needs to be traded for an athletic and long 3/4 type player that can score whether that's via a draft pick or veteran. 

2.) Don't be surprised if TJ Leaf emerges under a new system if it requires shooters and floor spacing. 

3.) McDermott could be poised for a much better season too. 

4.) Alize Johnson could see a larger role in a D'Antoni or Atkinson type of system as well. 

5.) Players via trade I wouldn't mind seeing include Aaron Gordon and Jerami Grant.

6.) Players via free agency include Danilo Gallinari and Marcus Morris. 

Note: There could be others as well via trade and free agency depending on what players decide to do with their player options.

7.) Players via draft if the Pacers aquire a pick include Isaac Okoro, Obi Toppin,  Patrick Williams,  and Saddq Bey.

Really good thoughts here. I'm excited to see what the Pacers can do with a new coach and some roster tweaks. We aren't going to be able to get to the Bucks level in a single offseason IMO, but we can get to a level where we can be competitive with the rest of the East pretty quickly.

I'm also going to be really curious to see how a new coach can deploy Sabonis. Playing him at the 5 and surrounding him with shooters is going to be a really good lineup. Sabonis is obviously a very good scorer and passer, I think he has better range than he has shown in Indiana too. He shot in the 30s from three his rookie season on two shots per game, would love to see him shoot 3-4 at that percentage; it'll make him that much harder to guard and make the offense that much more dynamic. 

1 hour ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

You're being confrontational. If you have an issue take it up anytime with me or any other mod, by pm. 

No dog in this fight but I did not see anything confrontational in the least bit unless I missed something. 90% of the topics are derailed and we have 1 user that goes out of his way to argue just about everything which takes the whole thread to a different place and this 1 comment is the one that gets a reaction.  Just a perspective from a nobody. Back to the NBA

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

Again.. I just saw your post. Or I wouldn't have posted what I just did. Check the time stamps. 

I for one do hope the playoffs continue I enjoy watching these gifted athletes excel when they are fresh with no travel and up to this point less than normal outside distractions. I don't think the defense is that bad just the skill on offense minus the Pacers has been that good.

3 hours ago, DC2345 said:

Here are some of my takes on the Pacers going into the offseason. 

1.) Myles Turner has peaked and some of you over value him. He needs to be traded for an athletic and long 3/4 type player that can score whether that's via a draft pick or veteran. 

2.) Don't be surprised if TJ Leaf emerges under a new system if it requires shooters and floor spacing. 

3.) McDermott could be poised for a much better season too. 

4.) Alize Johnson could see a larger role in a D'Antoni or Atkinson type of system as well. 

5.) Players via trade I wouldn't mind seeing include Aaron Gordon and Jerami Grant.

6.) Players via free agency include Danilo Gallinari and Marcus Morris. 

Note: There could be others as well via trade and free agency depending on what players decide to do with their player options.

7.) Players via draft if the Pacers aquire a pick include Isaac Okoro, Obi Toppin,  Patrick Williams,  and Saddq Bey.

Pacers don't have a 1st round pick this year.

I see a lot of posts about trading VO and Turner. As a Mavs fan would love to have either.  I have to admit I am a bit concerned about VO and his long term health and the fact he can walk as a FA. I don't follow the pacers as clsoely as you guys since I watch the Mavs but I have league pass and do watch them from time to time.    It seems to me that Turner always draws the toughest assignment when I watch. Adebayo is a rising star and Turner was not going to shut him down.  Adebayo shot 55% during the season but that dropped to 47% in this series.  I don't think the Mavs have much to offer.  KP and Luka are untouchable.  I think the Mavs are shopping draft picks 18 and 31. 

Wright, Justin Jackson and 18 for VO? THJ has grown on me.   It could be as simple as THJ for VO.  I probably wouldn't do those deal if the Pacers but THJ is healthy and a really good 3 point shooter once he got in an efficiently coached offense.

Turner is from Dallas and I think he plays summer ball with a lot of the Mavs.  I'd be really interesteed in him but have no idea what kind of package to send in return.  THJ and 18 for Turner and Sumner?

Edited by ATX_sig

2 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

No dog in this fight but I did not see anything confrontational in the least bit unless I missed something. 90% of the topics are derailed and we have 1 user that goes out of his way to argue just about everything which takes the whole thread to a different place and this 1 comment is the one that gets a reaction.  Just a perspective from a nobody. Back to the NBA

I for one do hope the playoffs continue I enjoy watching these gifted athletes excel when they are fresh with no travel and up to this point less than normal outside distractions. I don't think the defense is that bad just the skill on offense minus the Pacers has been that good.

You really don’t need to weigh in. Stay with the nba 

1 hour ago, DC2345 said:

That's true but they have some guys that could shopped for one in Turner and Oladipo. 

Not directing this directly at you but at the idea of shopping Vic. It’s just silly imo. Talk about fickle fans. Vic was lauded and loved, showed incredible poise in the playoffs, consistent top - 20 level play, crunch time major scoring threat, and he gets injured and wham it’s consider trading him. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Not directing this directly at you but at the idea of shopping Vic. It’s just silly imo. Talk about fickle fans. Vic was lauded and loved, showed incredible poise in the playoffs, consistent top - 20 level play, crunch time major scoring threat, and he gets injured and wham it’s consider trading him. 

That's not it. Do you want to pay him a max contract? I would be worried because if he doesn't have the athleticism he had prior to the injury then I sure wouldn't. Plus he has been wishy washy on things. If I'm the Pacers I'd probably offer him a contract this offseason. If he doesn't sign it I trade him. That said would still give some serious consderation to what his skill set is going to be moving forward especially since he will be 34 or 35 at the end of this next contract. 

48 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

I would mainly look to trade him if he does not sign an extension because it appears he might want to leave Indiana.

32 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

That's not it. Do you want to pay him a max contract? I would be worried because if he doesn't have the athleticism he had prior to the injury then I sure wouldn't. Plus he has been wishy washy on things. If I'm the Pacers I'd probably offer him a contract this offseason. If he doesn't sign it I trade him. That said would still give some serious consderation to what his skill set is going to be moving forward especially since he will be 34 or 35 at the end of this next contract. 

Last year even before his injury he did not look like the same player he did the first year with the Pacers.

24 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Last year even before his injury he did not look like the same player he did the first year with the Pacers.

Seems like all last year even before the injury that took him down he was playing with some sort of nagging knee problem.  If I were the Pacers I'd give it until the trade deadline. I think it worth seeing what these guys would be like when they are all together.

2 minutes ago, ATX_sig said:

Seems like all last year even before the injury that took him down he was playing with some sort of nagging knee problem.  If I were the Pacers I'd give it until the trade deadline. I think it worth seeing what these guys would be like when they are all together.

I am sure they won't trade VO this off season unless he comes out like PG and ask for a trade.

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

I am sure they won't trade VO this off season unless he comes out like PG and ask for a trade.

Jumping in on the VO trade talk.  Not happening anytime soon into next season.  Reason being his trade value is as low as it's been in year's.  Unless you find a team like the king's that think they are smarter than everyone else and willing to give up a couple of first round picks.  Most teams are going to want to see how he bounces back after a full off season of training and conditioning.  

With Turner.  I'm not sure pacers will ever get equal return for Turner.  

23 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

Jumping in on the VO trade talk.  Not happening anytime soon into next season.  Reason being his trade value is as low as it's been in year's.  Unless you find a team like the king's that think they are smarter than everyone else and willing to give up a couple of first round picks.  Most teams are going to want to see how he bounces back after a full off season of training and conditioning.  

With Turner.  I'm not sure pacers will ever get equal return for Turner.  

That’s the question with Turner what is his real value. He’s a 6’11 stretch 5. He’s not got good ball handling skills so he’s just a spot up guy. He’s got very limited post game around the rim. He’s a bad on ball defender on the perimeter and the post. He is an ok rebounder but nothing special and he’s a good weak side shot blocker. So what is that value. I’d put it at a mid to late first round pick plus a role player or a starter level wing depending on the needs of the other team. That’s my opinion though of his value.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

That’s the question with Turner what is his real value. He’s a 6’11 stretch 5. He’s not got good ball handling skills so he’s just a spot up guy. He’s got very limited post game around the rim. He’s a bad on ball defender on the perimeter and the post. He is an ok rebounder but nothing special and he’s a good weak side shot blocker. So what is that value. I’d put it at a mid to late first round pick plus a role player or a starter level wing depending on the needs of the other team. That’s my opinion though of his value.

I'd start shopping and see.  Maybe try and get some picks in next year's draft, not this one.  

@dgambill I have now twice posted and immediately above not to continue this discussion in this thread. You are also getting into the political and social issues that we've repeatedly asked, and reminded everyone, not to be posted here. Do not debate BLM here. There shouldn't be any confusion on that.

Feel free to pm me or any mod if you have any questions on this. Not here, by pm. Thank you.

• Thanks 2