NBA Thread

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

What the heck was McMillian doing taking the ball out of Brogdon's hands the last few possessions.  He was getting to the basket at will but the last 4 possessions the put the ball in others hands.  This is at least 8 straight playoff games they have lost.

Like I said before a I’m just not high on Nate, he’s mediocre imo 

2 hours ago, IU Scott said:

I guess some of the reason he is good in the regular season is that he beats up on the bad teams.  His 17-35 playoff record should tell you how he does against top teams.

When you out hustle out focus out heart during the regular season but what happens in the playoffs when everyone is also doing that because a championship is now on the line it comes down to X’s and O’s and adjustments. Little things make the difference in these games...you just can’t come out and try to out work your opponent in the playoffs...everyone is hungry now.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dgambill said:

When you out hustle out focus out heart during the regular season but what happens in the playoffs when everyone is also doing that because a championship is now on the line it comes down to X’s and O’s and adjustments. Little things make the difference in these games...you just can’t come out and try to out work your opponent in the playoffs...everyone is hungry now.

Also in the playoffs you get scouted a lot better than in the regular season so you have to be able to change what you are doing.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, btownqb said:

Montrez Harrell seems like a real good dude. 

For a guy that most thought wouldn’t have much impact at the NBA level he has really improved a lot and will have a good career. I mean at UL they never really ran many sets for him. Just a lot of hustle points, put backs, and oops. He has been a key guy in the clippers turn around.

2 hours ago, dgambill said:

For a guy that most thought wouldn’t have much impact at the NBA level he has really improved a lot and will have a good career. I mean at UL they never really ran many sets for him. Just a lot of hustle points, put backs, and oops. He has been a key guy in the clippers turn around.

I don't disagree with any of that. He also should be suspended and fined HEAVILY. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, btownqb said:

I don't disagree with any of that. He also should be suspended and fined HEAVILY. 

I mean if it was the other way around I’m sure it would be a much bigger story. I didn’t hear about it. Honestly heated ball game whatever...I had much worse said to me in games and while it is a racial thing I never let it bother me but in this current climate surprised it didn’t become a bigger story.

6 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I mean if it was the other way around I’m sure it would be a much bigger story. I didn’t hear about it. Honestly heated ball game whatever...I had much worse said to me in games and while it is a racial thing I never let it bother me but in this current climate surprised it didn’t become a bigger story.

Oh I agree, I've had much worse said to me. If it were reversed, I would hate to think what would have happened. Ridiculous double standard. 

I was actually called an n word one time in a game, I looked blankly at him... and walked away. Had no clue how to respond 🤷‍♂️

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 1

Great game with the Clippers/Mavs.  Turned it on when it said the game was going to OT.  Actually did not even realize the game going on but with 19 seconds lefts the Mavs are up 2 and Donic has 40,17,13.  Wonder how often the Hawks regret trading him away  or other teams on passing him.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Great game with the Clippers/Mavs.  Turned it on when it said the game was going to OT.  Actually did not even realize the game going on but with 19 seconds lefts the Mavs are up 2 and Donic has 40,17,13.  Wonder how often the Hawks regret trading him away  or other teams on passing him.

Great ending with the Clippers Morris hitting 3 to go up 1 with 9 seconds left.  Doncic the hit a 3 at the buzzer for the win.

Watching the Mavs Doncic just makes me feel how it seems the Pacers can not ever get lucky enough to be able to be in position to draft super stars.  Besides Reggie I can't remember the Pacers drafting a guy who became a true star.  Even back in the 80's when the had a lot of top 5 picks it never worked out.  If PG had not wanted out and kept his head then maybe we would had another one.  When you are good enough to compete for the playoffs every year you are never going to have a chance at top picks.