NBA Thread

Interestingly, pretty much every 'expert' out there still picks the Lakers over the Blazers.

That's a testament to how good LBJ and Davis are. It may be that I'm overreacting to the Game 1 W for the Blazers -- but, imo, the experts are continuing to underestimate the Blazers/Dame. And the betting line had Lakers as 6-point favorites for Game 1.... I wouldn't want to be playing the Blazers right now, really, I think they will be an extremely tough out for any team.

• Like 1

Was watching the Raptors/Nets game and found another reason to hate going for 2 for 1 at the end of the quarter.  The nets get the ball with 33 seconds and Lavert just goes one on one and shot a fade away 20 footer that missed. The next possession the nets only have 6 seconds that resulted in another bad 3 point shot at the buzzer.  so instead of getting at least one good shot they got two horrible shots.

10 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Playoff Paul made an appearance last night. I'm kidding I love Robin, I mean Paul. Just like to stir a little.  In all seriousness was the games best player in that game last night? If so does he play for the Mavs?

Luka is certainly fun to watch, his defense stinks but nowhere near as bad as Harden(yes he racks up steals but he swats a lot and they don't call the foul) and Trae Young.  I would say Luka has the chance to be the best player in the league sooner rather than later.  Improve his defense just a tad and he'll be hard to beat

Edited by dwtaylor1055
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

Luka is certainly fun to watch, his defense stinks but nowhere near as bad as Harden(yes he racks up steals but he swats a lot and they don't call the foul) and Trae Young.  I would say Luka has the chance to be the best player in the league sooner rather than later.  Improve his defense just a tad and he'll be hard to beat

Luke will very likely end up the best player in the game, or in the discussion, as you say, but he isn't there yet. He will get better on defense just with experience alone, besides the fact that he isn't at his athletic peak yet, but he also has room to improve on offense. As good as he is, imagine if he can get to be a 40% three point shooter?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Luke will very likely end up the best player in the game, or in the discussion, as you say, but he isn't there yet. He will get better on defense just with experience alone, besides the fact that he isn't at his athletic peak yet, but he also has room to improve on offense. As good as he is, imagine if he can get to be a 40% three point shooter?

oh man.  If he improves to over 40%, watch out.  I think the Mavs will be a consistent top 5 team in the west as early as next season.

1 minute ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

oh man.  If he improves to over 40%, watch out.  I think the Mavs will be a consistent top 5 team in the west as early as next season.

I can definitely see that. I mean, they were dang close to that this season and I think you can see in the bubble that KP and LD are an elite duo. KP now has a full season back under his belt and LD is no longer a budding star, but a bonafide MVP candidate and top 5-10 player. Carlisle is still a really good coach and they've got a team full of good pieces surrounding their stars. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Pacers outscored by 15 beyond the arc and 9 at the line. Not win many with those numbers. Miami 50% from 3, they are undefeated this season when they shoot 35% or higher from 3

Miami players move and they move the ball by the pass where the Pacers try everything off the dribble.  The thing is that besides Warren hey have no one else that can beat guys constantly off the dribble.

15 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

McMillian needs to change the lineup.  Starting 3 guards with Warren and Turner is not working because they are getting beat on the boards.  A lot of Miami's 3's are coming off of long rebounds and kick outs fo r3.

stats show Maimi 40/7 rebounds and Pacers 39/4  I could live with that but can't give up 50% from 3

7 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

stats show Maimi 40/7 rebounds and Pacers 39/4  I could live with that but can't give up 50% from 3

I think they outrebounded us the first game as well.  It looks like a sweep to me especially losing the first two games at home LOL!  I don't know if it is McMillian or just the players not moving and passing but this offense looks a lot different than it did earlier in the year.  McMillian is a little above average coach but can't seem to win in the playoffs.  Also he has done well with the Pacers with winning with less because we are always injured.

Also if you make fun of me for my spelling of the Reds then look how you spelled Miami LOL!

Edited by IU Scott
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I think they outrebounded us the first game as well.  It looks like a sweep to me especially losing the first two games at home LOL!  I don't know if it is McMillian or just the players not moving and passing but this offense looks a lot different than it did earlier in the year.  McMillian is a little above average coach but can't seem to win in the playoffs.  Also he has done well with the Pacers with winning with less because we are always injured.

Also if you make fun of me for my spelling of the Reds then look how you spelled Miami LOL!

Not making fun of spelling for sure. I have my more than fair share. I just love the auto correct of Reds to Refs. I agree I like Nate but just think he is good enough to get us beat in the frist rebound every year but with so much uncertainty its hard to make the change this year. I am typing on a chromebook which I do not like and have no idea how to spell fix spell check and too lazy to go back when I mess up. Thank God this is a message board an not an English class many of us would be in trouble. 

It deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe."

• Like 1

Just now, Billingsley99 said:

Not making fun of spelling for sure. I have my more than fair share. I just love the auto correct of Reds to Refs. I agree I like Nate but just think he is good enough to get us beat in the frist rebound every year but with so much uncertainty its hard to make the change this year. I am typing on a chromebook which I do not like and have no idea how to spell fix spell check and too lazy to go back when I mess up. Thank God this is a message board an not an English class many of us would be in trouble. 

It deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe."

I never did well in grammar or spelling but did well in math.  The thing is about replacing McMillian is that when I see candidates for openings I don't see anything better.