NBA Thread

Just now, KoB2011 said:

That would be an interesting move - i think he could do a lot with our roster. Certainly wouldn't get swept.... 

I lived in Phoenix during the D'Antoni era. Fun times. Even if Pacers didn't do better with him, it would be more entertaining.

Atkinson is another name being thrown out.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

If it is indeed Mike D'Antoni, Ps about to average 35 3s per game with Myles averaging close to 10 attempts per game lol Myles about to be unleashed as a 7 footer running around the 3 pt line

There will obviously be changes to our roster, but the Pacers are a team that should shoot a lot of 3s. You've got 5 guys who can shoot 40% from 3, Vic can shoot mid to high 30s, Turner can shoot mid 30s, I think Sabonis could shoot in the 30s... The fact that we were near the bottom in 3PA this year was such bad coaching IMO. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

There will obviously be changes to our roster, but the Pacers are a team that should shoot a lot of 3s. You've got 5 guys who can shoot 40% from 3, Vic can shoot mid to high 30s, Turner can shoot mid 30s, I think Sabonis could shoot in the 30s... The fact that we were near the bottom in 3PA this year was such bad coaching IMO. 

agree. 

Just now, IU Scott said:

Wow I am shocked they would fire him after giving him an extension two weeks ago

Extension took place late June, wasn't announced to the public until 2 weeks ago

7 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

four starters that can stroke the 3 ball(Brogdon/Vic/Warren/Turner) and have Sabonis man the middle would be fine. 

Just don't see Turner as a true stretch 4 and Dantoni likes to play small.  I never thought those two players fit together and think they need to shop Turner.

3 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Going 0-4 in the playoffs and only leading for 11 seconds total and getting completely out coached by other staff will lead to a firing of a coach

5a9efcaa445ee_escalatedquickly.jpg.67cf96ed3002f493c7d9f370e40bf008.jpg

I'm guessing they also felt that Vic would leave if they didn't bring in a better coach.

Edited by FKIM01
  • Like 1