NBA Thread

25 minutes ago, rico said:

You're the one that said the Pacers needed to take a big.

If everything is equal yes and I would take Ivey over Holmgren.  I am also the one that the Pacers shouldn't pick a big white guy that can't play like we have seen many times over the years, Haskins, Hansborough, Plumlee, Leaf, Goga.

Edited by IU Scott

22 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

If everything is equal yes and I would take Ivey over Holmgren.  I am also the one that the Pacers shouldn't pick a big white guy that can't play like we have seen many times over the years, Haskins, Hansborough, Plumlee, Leaf, Goga.

Well just going by my eye...I see Smith, Holmgren, Banchero, and Ivey in that Top 5.  

12 hours ago, DC2345 said:

Who cares. Take the best player. Ivey could play with those other 2. The Pacers don’t need to focus on a certain position with that pick. The later picks that’s fine but not the first one. 

I agree, but Jabari Smith is a better player right now and a better long-term prospect than Ivey. 

And I think Ivey has multiple ASGs in his future. 

50 minutes ago, rico said:

Well just going by my eye...I see Smith, Holmgren, Banchero, and Ivey in that Top 5.  

35 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Those 4 at the top and I see a drop off from them.  Knowing the Pacers luck they will probably pick 5th.

Those are the top 4 in most peoples eyes. That said someone will likely lose some, increase their value, or a team will fall in love with someone else and someone will drop. 

• Like 1

What if the Sharpe @ UK decides to go into draft?  I know everyone wants to go with players who have been playing and seen but that doesn't mean this guy isn't the guy to draft. Some mocks have him in top 5. Tankathon had the Pacers taking him.  

https://amp.kentucky.com/sports/college/kentucky-sports/uk-basketball-men/article257553238.html

7 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Apparently nobody thought the Joker could play.  He went 41st. I don't think the Pacers had pick that year.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, rico said:

Harden wants to go to the Sixers?

I think he wants to leave Brooklyn.  I guess not everything worked out for him and he has to overcome some adversity playing with Kyrie and KD.   Sixers make sense because they have a big talker GM who is not very good but wants to be in the headlines and Ben Simmons.  I'm sure he'd prefer the Lakers. If the Kiings would trade Haliburton for Sabonis then you'd think he was maybe on the table for Simmons at some point during the negotiations that have seemingly occurred since summer. If no simmons trade occurs and Philly comes up short again eventually Embiid will tire of the situation. 

2 hours ago, ATX_sig said:

I think he wants to leave Brooklyn.  I guess not everything worked out for him and he has to overcome some adversity playing with Kyrie and KD.   Sixers make sense because they have a big talker GM who is not very good but wants to be in the headlines and Ben Simmons.  I'm sure he'd prefer the Lakers. If the Kiings would trade Haliburton for Sabonis then you'd think he was maybe on the table for Simmons at some point during the negotiations that have seemingly occurred since summer. If no simmons trade occurs and Philly comes up short again eventually Embiid will tire of the situation. 

Harden specifically wants to go to Philly. He and Daryl Morey have a good relationship, and obviously they're a contender. 

I'd say Morey is a pretty good GM. He rebuilt Houston and made them a contender, and has made some solid tweaks to what Philly has.