NBA Thread

16 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

There wasn't anything to disagree with; I stated facts. 

How is stating that someone is one of the best all time a fact because there is really no way to prove it. facts are that Westbrook averaged a triple double last year.  what you stated is an opinion which I disagree with.  I just don't put every good players in the all time great category like some people do.  I guess my definition of all time greats are different than yours.  I am a huge Reds fan but I never thought of Barry Larkin as a HOF player but just a very good player.

28 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

This is an absolutely absurd take. Klay Thompson is one of the best shooters to ever play basketball and a great defender. He's already made 4 ASG's and is about to win his third title. Klay Thompson will without question be a HOFer. 

Lol at the claim that Klay isn’t a surefire hall of famer.  He’s probably the second best shooter of all time.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

How is stating that someone is one of the best all time a fact because there is really no way to prove it. facts are that Westbrook averaged a triple double last year.  what you stated is an opinion which I disagree with.  I just don't put every good players in the all time great category like some people do.  I guess my definition of all time greats are different than yours.  I am a huge Reds fan but I never thought of Barry Larkin as a HOF player but just a very good player.

Ut oh Scott, Larkin was a stud.  I am bowing out.

Just now, rico said:

Ut oh Scott, Larkin was a stud.  I am bowing out.

Yes he was but that does not make one a HOF.  I just think the HOF in any sport is watered down now with just very good players instead of being for the all time greats.  Again this is only an opinion so no one is right or wrong.  Like I have said most of the discussions on here are pure opinion and speculation and not facts.  Like I still would put MJ ahead of Lebron but that is an opinion and not a fact because others might put Lebron or some other players as there all time great player.

14 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I said he was one of the best shooters of all-time. It's a fact because we can measure it. I said he has made 4 ASGs. It's a fact because we can measure it. I said he is about to win his third NBA Championship. It's a fact because we can measure it. 

I didn't say he is one of the all-time greats, but neither is anyone on those Celtics teams besides Bird or the Lakers teams besides Kareem and Magic (and Kareem wasn't at that level during the 80s). I said Klay Thompson is a HOFer and he is. His career three-point percentage is equal to Reggie Miller's best season on a higher volume of attempts. 

And for the record, Barry Larkin is a HOFer. That's an empirical fact; saying he isn't a HOFer is denying reality. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Yes he was but that does not make one a HOF.  I just think the HOF in any sport is watered down now with just very good players instead of being for the all time greats.  Again this is only an opinion so no one is right or wrong.  Like I have said most of the discussions on here are pure opinion and speculation and not facts.  Like I still would put MJ ahead of Lebron but that is an opinion and not a fact because others might put Lebron or some other players as there all time great player.

History writes everything.  Opinions are fine but 50 years from now people will marvel at what LeBron accomplished.  

9 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Your opinion is that it is watered down, that's fine. It isn't your opinion on rather or not he is a HOFer, he is. It's an objective fact. You don't get to decide facts are wrong because you don't like them. 

23 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Your opinion is that it is watered down, that's fine. It isn't your opinion on rather or not he is a HOFer, he is. It's an objective fact. You don't get to decide facts are wrong because you don't like them. 

How can you say he is now  a definite HOFer because as of right now I don't think he is. Maybe if he keeps it up for another 4 or 5 years he might be but that is just an opinion.

19 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

How can you say he is now  a definite HOFer because as of right now I don't think he is. Maybe if he keeps it up for another 4 or 5 years he might be but that is just an opinion.

That was in reference to Barry Larkin, who is a HOFer. It's an objective fact. 

30 minutes ago, PoHoosier said:

Is the hall of fame watered down because 80s players are no longer elected? :coffee:

Yes.  It’s also watered down because the players currently being selected for the Hall of Fame didn’t smoke cigarettes and do coke in the locker room at halftime.

• Like 1