NBA Thread

On 6/2/2018 at 8:02 PM, IU Scott said:

I just disagree with you because I think the competition that MJ went through is far better than what Lebron went through.  The Warriors and whatever team Lebron is on are the only two great teams in this era.  Also remember when Jordan frir started he had to deal with the Celtics of the mid 80's which were one of the best teams of all time.

It was.  The Cavs barely got by the lowely Pacers this year and the Celtics who were missing their 2 best players.  All the Cleveland teams Lebron has had would have struggled mightily with the bad boy Pistons, the Ewing Knicks, or Reggie's Pacers. 

Lebron is great he's just not the GOAT.   His finals streak is impressive but he's played in the least his entire career where most seasons 4 of the top 5 teams in the league were out West.

13 hours ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Lebron’s teammates this season are maybe the worst group of players I’ve ever seen in the Finals.

I have been giving that some thought.  I will have to do a little more research to refresh my memory banks.  But they are horrid.

24 minutes ago, ADegenerate said:

To be fair...he was the one who got Blatt fired and had Lue put in so that’s on you lebron. Still though, I’ve always suspected Lue was average at Best

You're being kind...Lue is the Little Ricky of the NBA...without the skilled but sleazy father.

...and yes...that's all on LeBron. I don't know how good Blatt was as a coach, but he's surely better than Tyron Lue.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

You're being kind...Lue is the Little Ricky of the NBA...without the skilled but sleazy father.

...and yes...that's all on LeBron. I don't know how good Blatt was as a coach, but he's surely better than Tyron Lue.

I won't be surprised if Gilbert fires Lue as soon as Lebron bolts.

I guarantee Crean will get mileage out of Vic as he should...he's the one who found and developed him.  I understand Vic was an incredibly hard worker, but I give Crean props for bringing him to Indiana and having some huge success with him.

...but Vic better not be wearing Georgia stuff if he wants to run for Indiana governor...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

NBA refusing to smooth the cap when it spiked in the summer of 2016 was a big mistake.  KD on the Warriors is unfair.

Yeah, I really think the Warriors might be the greatest team ever. I mean, a two time mvp played like dog doo doo and they won on the road anyway. What other team ever could have done that?

• Haha 1