NBA Thread

41 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

I'm actually serious. I'm not even a Rockets fan. The repeated missed calls against GS followed by immediate calls on the other end are glaring. There's money involved.

National media was hot about it when it happened, it will be interesting to see if they keep up the narrative in the coming days. 

8 hours ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

I'm actually serious. I'm not even a Rockets fan. The repeated missed calls against GS followed by immediate calls on the other end are glaring. There's money involved.

Agreed.  And, I did not even watch the 2nd half.  There were enough 'missed' calls in the 2nd quarter to convince me a fix was in place.  The media can't let something this blatant alone can they?  The NBA should be embarassed.  That was bad enough, and in an important enough game, that it could bring down the league.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

National media was hot about it when it happened, it will be interesting to see if they keep up the narrative in the coming days. 

The discussion is happening now, but will probably go away.

I'm not usually one who thinks the fix is in, in the NBA -- and in fairness, the Rockets missing 27 straight 3's, unbelievable and an all time NBA playoff record low, coupled with CP3 being out had a lot to do with the Rockets' losing -- but, and I think this is a significant but, those 2 straight non-calls on the blatantly obvious and indisputable fouls on Harden's 3-point shots, made a huge difference in the game and again were simply indisputable. It wasn't like there was a question mark on either of them, that they were difficult to see, that the refs were out of position, there was just no possible valid excuse, they were blatant, inexcusable non-calls. That's 6 points, and really 7, as one was a four-point play. That's momentum. That's 6 or 7 points at a key time in the game. The moving screen that came shortly after was more questionable, I can live with that one, but not the non-calls on Harden's two 3-pointers (and I am one who normally complains about the way Harden leans in to draw fouls, here, there was just no question).

It's not like there hasn't been a dirty ref in the NBA before, one went to prison. Someone was dirty last night.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

The pace isnt faster today than the 80s. Points per possession isolates the pace. 

This was the second best scoring year ever per possession. It is more efficient to play this way.

It is so efficient that it knocked Houston and Boston out of the playoffs.

10 hours ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Like I have said many times being a Pacers fan I have seen this kind of refs my whole life.

5 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

I'm not usually one who thinks the fix is in, in the NBA -- and in fairness, the Rockets missing 27 straight 3's, unbelievable and an all time NBA playoff record low, coupled with CP3 being out had a lot to do with the Rockets' losing -- but, and I think this is a significant but, those 2 straight non-calls on the blatantly obvious and indisputable fouls on Harden's 3-point shots, made a huge difference in the game and again were simply indisputable. It wasn't like there was a question mark on either of them, that they were difficult to see, that the refs were out of position, there was just no possible valid excuse, they were blatant, inexcusable non-calls. That's 6 points, and really 7, as one was a four-point play. That's momentum. That's 6 or 7 points at a key time in the game. The moving screen that came shortly after was more questionable, I can live with that one, but not the non-calls on Harden's two 3-pointers (and I am one who normally complains about the way Harden leans in to draw fouls, here, there was just no question).

It's not like there hasn't been a dirty ref in the NBA before, one went to prison. Someone was dirty last night.

Good post.

What I saw last night made me sick.  Hell my Dad got so mad he left.  The fix was in.

2 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

The NBA placed magnets in the balls. ¬¬

If the fix was really in for Golden State, I think the league just lost itself money.  Who cares about a fourth straight matchup between Cleveland and Golden State?  It’s honestly got boring to watch Lebron carry his absolutely pathetic teammates and the Warriors play KD-centric iso ball.  

Everyone will try to act like the Cavs have a chance if the series goes longer than 5 games, but we all already know what the outcome is going to be in the end.  Yawn.  Warriors-Celtics or Rockets-Cavs would have been much more entertaining series.

11 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

I was so pumped beforehand, but... Watching those back-to-back Game 7s actually sucked.  69 missed threes between the Celtics and the Rockets, when both were at home — yuck.  Pretty massive choke job by both teams.

That is why you need to be able to have another source to score besides shooting 3's

6 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

If the fix was really in for Golden State, I think the league just lost itself money.  Who cares about a fourth straight matchup between Cleveland and Golden State?  It’s honestly got boring to watch Lebron carry his absolutely pathetic teammates and the Warriors play KD-centric iso ball.  

Everyone will try to act like the Cavs have a chance if the series goes longer than 5 games, but we all already know what the outcome is going to be in the end.  Yawn.  Warriors-Celtics or Rockets-Cavs would have been much more entertaining series.

Funny thing is.....neither team deserves to be there.  I ain't watching.

33 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

If you live your life making decisions based on small sample sizes in hindsight you make a lot of bad decisions. 

You know that the game of basketball has never changed because the goal of the game is to put the ball in the basket.  I don't care how you do it but you should just take the best shot available because your percentages will go up taking open shots.

Edited by IU Scott

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

You know that the game of basketball has never changed because the goal of the game is to put the ball in the basket.  I don't car how you do it but you should just take the best shot available because your percentages will go up taking open shots.

What does a car have to do with it?

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

If I am an NBA player, I don't stand for this.  It happened to the Rockets this time, but could be another team, another group of players, down the road.  Some of those Rockets players may never get another chance at making the finals.  This wasn't one bad call (such as Don Denkinger in the World Series).  This was blatant, WWE level, match-fixing.

Boogie Cousins and Jeremy Lin tweeted last night about it.  Every NBA player, including those on the Warriors, need to send a message to the NBA with a clear directive that this better not ever happen again.  

I had renewed interest in the NBA this season with Vic being on the Pacers.   I now have no desire at all to watch the NBA finals after what happened last night.

• Like 1