NBA Thread

I honestly don't see this Warriors team as the best ever. The Rockets would've beaten them but for the CP3 injury. They were up, they beat them in their house, and their physicality was a real problem for the Warriors, who are many things, but tough is not one of them, Draymond and his groin kicks aside. But again comparing teams of different eras has so many factors that don't correlate it's just hard to draw direct comparison.

LeBron just passed MJ for most 30-point games in the playoffs. He's 33 and still killing everyone. Sad though that his team is so horrible, this year's Finals is a joke -- the Finals was Warriors-Rockets.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Warriors would run the plumbers and accountants on the 80s Celtics off the court.  Magic would have to learn to dribble with his left hand before the 80s Lakers had a chance.

My Dad was a big Celtics fan so I naturally chose the Lakers to cheer for. I'll have to do some thinking on this one. Golden St is so good and this isn't a slight at all to them....just need to think what Magic, Kareem, Worthy, Scott, Green, Rambis(he and Draymond would be fun to watch) would do and how they would attack.

Low post game Lakers would win hands down. Run and gun/Showtime....tough to think how it would play out. 

3 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

I honestly don't see this Warriors team as the best ever. The Rockets would've beaten them but for the CP3 injury. They were up, they beat them in their house, and their physicality was a real problem for the Warriors, who are many things, but tough is not one of them, Draymond and his groin kicks aside. But again comparing teams of different eras has so many factors that don't correlate it's just hard to draw direct comparison.

LeBron just passed MJ for most 30-point games in the playoffs. He's 33 and still killing everyone. Sad though that his team is so horrible, this year's Finals is a joke -- the Finals was Warriors-Rockets.

I just need this thing to go to 5 games. I'm in Vegas on Sunday night until Tuesday night. I want to be able to get my bet in on the over for game 5 and more than likely the cover too.

28 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

My Dad was a big Celtics fan so I naturally chose the Lakers to cheer for. I'll have to do some thinking on this one. Golden St is so good and this isn't a slight at all to them....just need to think what Magic, Kareem, Worthy, Scott, Green, Rambis(he and Draymond would be fun to watch) would do and how they would attack.

Low post game Lakers would win hands down. Run and gun/Showtime....tough to think how it would play out. 

I was a Lakers fan as well and hated the Celtics.  My best friend was a Bird and Celtics fan so we had some good back and forth during that time frame.

5 hours ago, IU Scott said:

80's Celtics

80's Lakers

Maybe. You think they could win on the road against a top 2 player of all-time if Magic or Bird played that bad? I'm really not sure about that. 

But even if we go with those two teams, that puts the Warriors in pretty rare company. 

Edited by KoB2011

6 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Maybe. You think they could win on the road against a top 2 player of all-time if Magic or Bird played that bad? I'm really not sure about that. 

But even if we go with those two teams, that puts the Warriors in pretty rare company. 

Yes I do because the Lakers and Celtics had two other players who were voted as the top 50 players of all time.  Also players like AC Green and Byron Scott were all stars at some point in their careers.  The Celtics had great role players coming off the bench as well as very good guards in Dennis Johnson and Danny Ainge.

3 hours ago, IU Scott said:

That is all we have on this board is opinions but we can also disagree with that opinion.

Actually.... a lot of things we talk about on this board aren't opinions. This specific discussion may be somewhat subjective, but many aren't and facts are facts. 

When someone disagrees with a fact, it's not a difference of opinion it is a rejection of reality. 

14 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Yes I do because the Lakers and Celtics had two other players who were voted as the top 50 players of all time.  Also players like AC Green and Byron Scott were all stars at some point in their careers.  The Celtics had great role players coming off the bench as well as very good guards in Dennis Johnson and Danny Ainge.

Klay Thompson, Kevin Durant, Draymond Green and Andre Igoudala are probably all Hall of Famers. 

Your question was whether any other team could have done what Golden St. did last night and I gave you two teams.  No one said that the Warriors are not a great team but to act like they are the best of all time by a long shot is wrong as well.

Edited by IU Scott

37 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Klay Thompson, Kevin Durant, Draymond Green and Andre Igoudala are probably all Hall of Famers. 

Durant yes but those other 3 are not close to being HOF players.  This is one of the things that drives me crazy we people claim all of these guys are HOF players when they are only very good players.  The HOF is supposed to be for the very best of all time and not just good players for that era.  To me Thompson is just a little better than what Byron Scott was for the Lakers and not one of the all time great players.  Today people just throw out any player being a HOF and that drives me nuts because like I said the HOF is for all time great players.

30 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Think Iguodola will be on the outside looking in. He doesn't really have the individual accolades outside of the one Finals MVP. Only a one-time All Star. Never All-NBA.

He also will have many titles, and an Olympic Gold Medal. 

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Durant yes but those other 3 are not close to being HOF players.  This is one of the things that drives me crazy we people claim all of these guys are HOF players when they are only very good players.  The HOF is supposed to be for the very best of all time and not just good players for that era.  To me Thompson is just a little better than what Byron Scott was for the Lakers and not one of the all time great players.  Today people just throw out any player being a HOF and that drives me nuts because like I said the HOF is for all time great players.

This is an absolutely absurd take. Klay Thompson is one of the best shooters to ever play basketball and a great defender. He's already made 4 ASG's and is about to win his third title. Klay Thompson will without question be a HOFer. 

• Like 2

Just now, IU Scott said:

Is Robert Horry a HOF because he won many titles and hit huge shots for his team in those championship years because I say no he is not.

Iggy is a lot better than Horry. Iggy was good enough to play in the Olympics and has a Finals MVP. He is the only questionable HOFer of the Death Lineup. 

Just now, KoB2011 said:

This is an absolutely absurd take. Klay Thompson is one of the best shooters to ever play basketball and a great defender. He's already made 4 ASG's and is about to win his third title. Klay Thompson will without question be a HOFer. 

Totally disagree