NBA Thread

Lebron 0-6 in finals without Wade or Kyrie. I've said the following for 10+ years. Dan Gilbert should be ashamed of himself and owes an apology to Lebron and Cleveland for what he made Lebron try to win it all with first go around until he left for Miami. 

Lebron has earned every right to pick and choose where he wants to play and try to win a title. 1 title in what?? 11 or 12 years there?

Don't be surprised if he ends up back in Miami. At least there Riley is smart enough to know the help he needs to beat a Golden St team is stacked. Although Miami will have to unload a ton of players before anything like that happened.

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Lebron 0-6 in finals without Wade or Kyrie. I've said the following for 10+ years. Dan Gilbert should be ashamed of himself and owes an apology to Lebron and Cleveland for what he made Lebron try to win it all with first go around until he left for Miami. 

Lebron has earned every right to pick and choose where he wants to play and try to win a title. 1 title in what?? 11 or 12 years there?

Don't be surprised if he ends up back in Miami. At least there Riley is smart enough to know the help he needs to beat a Golden St team is stacked. Although Miami will have to unload a ton of players before anything like that happened.

I wouldn't be surprised if he wound up in Philly.

6 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Definitely seems possible but not sure he would want to play with Simmons. I’m thinking San Antonio or LA (somewhat same issue with Ball). He loves Pop, and a LeBron Kawhi team assuming health is immediately a contender 

Well Simmons could be trade bait?

13 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

I think it is and so does the American Lung Association:

http://www.lung.org/stop-smoking/smoking-facts/marijuana-and-lung-health.html

So what you have is an inconclusive study about marijuana smoke and no mention of the health benefits marijuana provides. One factor I did not see when i skimmed through that was any mention of the amount of puffs one takes of marijuana versus a cigarette. I saw it mention take deeper inhales, which is true, but you're only taking a few at a time. 

Much like in military history, the winners get to write sports history.   To the victors go the spoils.  For example, I heard broadcasters say many times that Klay is an excellent defender.  Personally, I didn’t see that.  I see a long guy who plays good position defense for an extremely well coached team.  In reality, athletic wings can take Klay off the dribble any time they want, at will.   Klay would then get help in that scheme so it can get masked.  But if the help isn’t there, a Klay can look miserable on the defensive end.  That weakness puts a cap on your defensive skill set.   Steph can’t stop the pick and roll either but no one pretends he’s a defender.  Klay is a breathtaking shooter and they’ve won three titles, so it will be universally accepted that he’s an “excellent” defender, reality be damned.  

• Like 1

It’s going to be interesting to see how the offseason goes.  The Pacers have money.  It’d be interesting to see if they make a play for a guy like Aron Gordon.   He might mesh well with Turner and Victor.  You’d be looking at an athletic team for sure in the modern NBA.

Another free agent who looks interesting is Marcus Smart.  I don’t think the Celtics can afford to let him go, but if he gets $15 M, maybe they let him bolt.  He could take Collison’s salary spot.  

A lot of mobile big guys coming into the draft.  It will be interesting to see how that dynamic changes the league.  It looks like an interesting draft.  

The offseason can be really fun.  

2 hours ago, BobSaccamanno said:

It’s going to be interesting to see how the offseason goes.  The Pacers have money.  It’d be interesting to see if they make a play for a guy like Aron Gordon.   He might mesh well with Turner and Victor.  You’d be looking at an athletic team for sure in the modern NBA.

Another free agent who looks interesting is Marcus Smart.  I don’t think the Celtics can afford to let him go, but if he gets $15 M, maybe they let him bolt.  He could take Collison’s salary spot.  

A lot of mobile big guys coming into the draft.  It will be interesting to see how that dynamic changes the league.  It looks like an interesting draft.  

The offseason can be really fun.  

If the Pacers get Aaron Gordon and make a run in the playoffs next season, the Magic should be forced to disband the franchise.

• Like 2