NBA Thread

Just now, Hoosierhoopster said:

I’m not really a LeBron fan either, but what he’s done and is doing right now, closing in on his mid-30’s, is amazing. We’ve come to expect it, so we take it for granted, but no one else is playing on his level (including Durant who thinks he is) 

Durant will probably go down as a top 10 player of all time, certainly top 15. But when he tries to be LeBron the Warriors become vulnerable. 

22 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Durant will probably go down as a top 10 player of all time, certainly top 15. But when he tries to be LeBron the Warriors become vulnerable. 

Kevin Durant top 10 player of all time? 

Jordan, Lebron, Kobe, Kareem, Wilt, Russell, Hakeem, Bird, Duncan, Magic...there's 10 off the top of my head that he'll never crack. I could add Barry, Baylor, Cousy, Dr J, Gervin, Frazier...Lucas, Pistol Pete, West...Oscar. 

Maybe my NBA radar isn't working or maybe I don't pay close enough attention but if Durant ever ends up on a top 10 list of all time I'd be shocked. I think he's Dirk good. Wade good. Worthy good...but top 10?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KoB2011 said:

I agree, the East was better but the teams Jordan faced in the Finals were warm garbage. I think every team LBJ has faced in the Finals would be favored over any team Jordan faced. 

And let's not act like there haven't been some great teams in the East in LBJ's career. The Celtics and Pacers have certainly had some championship caliber teams that couldn't get through LeBron. 

Agree all day.  What Jordan had to play for titles was crap. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Kevin Durant top 10 player of all time? 

Jordan, Lebron, Kobe, Kareem, Wilt, Russell, Hakeem, Bird, Duncan, Magic...there's 10 off the top of my head that he'll never crack. I could add Barry, Baylor, Cousy, Dr J, Gervin, Frazier...Lucas, Pistol Pete, West...Oscar. 

Maybe my NBA radar isn't working or maybe I don't pay close enough attention but if Durant ever ends up on a top 10 list of all time I'd be shocked. I think he's Dirk good. Wade good. Worthy good...but top 10?

He's going to go down as better than Wade or Dirk. I think he can end up being on par with Bird as a ceiling. 

10 minutes ago, rico said:

No, it ain't gonna happen.

Whys that? He’s still in his 20s with an MVP and a ring while scoring 27.1 a game. He’s a decent rim protector now too. Wades on 22 pg and got his 3 rings with Shaq and lebron (granted that Shaq team was clearly his).

Edited by ADegenerate

4 minutes ago, rico said:

Well you aint the media.

You’ve got a very good point there. I think that’s beyond ridiculous. There’s free agency for a reason. In Europe they call it ambition when you want to win titles and don’t dish out ridicule for forcing yourself to stay in a bad situation. What’s the issue? You want to win?! Shame shame shame on you for bettering your situation! Tsk tsk no no don’t do that. It’s beyond ridiculous. So you’re drafted to Sacramento and you’re a top 10 player now, maybe top 3 in year 4...no you can’t leave! You’re too good. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ADegenerate said:

You’ve got a very good point there. I think that’s beyond ridiculous. There’s free agency for a reason. In Europe they call it ambition when you want to win titles and don’t dish out ridicule for forcing yourself to stay in a bad situation. What’s the issue? You want to win?! Shame shame shame on you for bettering your situation! Tsk tsk no no don’t do that. It’s beyond ridiculous. So you’re drafted to Sacramento and you’re a top 10 player now, maybe top 3 in year 4...no you can’t leave! You’re too good. 

It is what it is.  The media will never shut up on it.......at least right now.  BTW, I can name 2 players better than KD that aren't in HoF(?).

1 minute ago, rico said:

It is what it is.  The media will never shut up on it.......at least right now.  BTW, I can name 2 players better than KD that aren't in HoF(?).

Yeah, this hot take media nonsense shouldn’t last but another 5 years I reckon. Young people are too savy to put up with that bull. 

Hmmmm. Who’s that? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

I don’t like Durant, and his move to the team that beat him was a chickensh$$ wimp move that rightfully drew the disgust of most players and fans. Can’t stand him.

That said he’s clearly one of the best players today. I would put him behind Kawhi, but no further than 3rd. 

And that is how history will perceive him.