HTD's favorite topic

rico

1 minute ago, hoosiertildeath said:

Well ! I think that  most of what you post is dumb and belongs at Black & Gold Illustrated !! Not on any IU WEBSITE !! How about those Mighty Ohio State Buckeyes beating your SMELLERMAKERS on their own  floor ??? I"M LOVING IT !! How pee yew does in the NCAA tournament will depend on how each region is set up !! We will not KNOW that until some time in March ! By the way , you must spend all your time on IU website instead of watching College Hoops from all around the country !1 I keep sccore of 300 or more college games every year !!AND- I hAVE SEEN AT LEAST 25 TEAMS THAT ARE BETTER THAN your pee yew smellermakes !!

Please list the 25 teams. 

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, hoosiertildeath said:

I don't have the time to do your research !! P.S. How many NCAA Tournament Championships have your stinking SMELLERMAKERS ever won ??? Laugh that off , you smellermaker fan !!  LMAO !!

My research? It’s your research. You’re the one who claims there are 25 better teams so put your money where your mouth is. I’m sure you have time to do the research since you’ve supposedly watched all of these games. Nice sidetrack about the championships. I’ll wait to hear your list of 25. 

3 minutes ago, RoadToZion said:

Boiler, you know how he is. Your best bet is to relax and move on. 

except HTD isn't wrong, maybe just exaggerating a little

12-15 teams I'd take to beat PU on a neutral floor right now

Nova, UVa, MSU, X, UC, Duke, Kansas, UNC, Zona, Gonzaga AND St mary's, OSU, WVU, and maybe even TTU--although i admittedly haven't seen enough of them yet this year

PU makes it to the Sweet 16, no further

2 minutes ago, HoagieRoll said:

except HTD isn't wrong, maybe just exaggerating a little

12-15 teams I'd take to beat PU on a neutral floor right now

Nova, UVa, MSU, X, UC, Duke, Kansas, UNC, Zona, Gonzaga AND St mary's, OSU, WVU, and maybe even TTU--although i admittedly haven't seen enough of them yet this year

PU makes it to the Sweet 16, no further

12-15 is a lot different than 25. WVU? Purdue can take them. Even though we lost last night, Purdue is still a better team than OSU in my opinion. 

24 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

12-15 is a lot different than 25. WVU? Purdue can take them. Even though we lost last night, Purdue is still a better team than OSU in my opinion. 

Are you basing that on your win in a scrimmage against WVU.  I think a team like WVU could give you guys trouble because of their press and they have a rim protector as well.  Also I think a team like FSU if they are at 7 or seed and play PU in the second round could give you guys trouble.  FSU is very long and athletic who plays great defense.

Last night we saw what happens when a team is able to mostly erase Mathias and Thompson. Assuming Haas, Edwards, and Edwards are going to get theirs,  teams can't afford to lose Mathias and Thompson trying to contain the others. That's why they've been so hard for some teams to guard. Carsen Edwards causes so many headaches on the dribble, and Haas can't be left alone near the rim. Opponents often lose Mathias and Thompson, and they can give just enough for Purdue to win. 

You have to give Holtmann a lot of credit for scouting them out. He also knew the difference in how Purdue plays when Haas or the d-bag backup are on the floor. It's a give and take for Purdue on offense or defense. Haas can be made a defensive liability by getting him away from the rim, and the back up is a mobile defender, but isn't so much of a scoring threat, nor is he as strong trying to establish position. 

Purdue is far from unbeatable, but they make it very hard. If I were a Purdue fan , I would be concerned seeing them continue to get nothing out of their bench moving forward. 

If they're not hitting from 3 MSU is going to expose them big time. They can go one on one with Haas, and keep enough pressure on the ball without using extra defenders. 

I hope they get a brutal draw this year!  ;) If so, and they can go to the EE or better,  I'll be the first to give them props for a nice run.

5 hours ago, milehiiu said:

IMHO..... PU has the tools....    To go all the way.   And of course.... a lot has to do with the draw.  And the absence of injuries. 

It pains me to have to agree with this. PU has all the boxes checked. It's a dang good team.

Yes , I have done my research on the 25 teams that I think are better than the SMELLERMAKERS !! And , anyone who thinks that I will reveal the end result ( of that research ) and let them NOT have to do the RESEARCH  , is cuckoo ,baby !! ( Especially to a stinking pee yew SMELLERMAKER FAN !! LMAO-LMAO-LMAO _LMAO !!! Go SPARTANS BEAT those SMELLERMAKERS tomorrow !! February 10 , 2018 [ Hopefully-the SMELLERMAKERS will LOSE their SECOND GAME IN A ROW ON this date ] !!!!!!!! 

Archived