HTD's favorite topic

rico

2 hours ago, IU Scott said:

I remember that they were a#1 seed and playing E. Carolina or one of the directional Carolina teams.  I was at the NCAA tournament games at the RCA Dome and they kept updating the game and PU was losing a lot of the game.  I don't remember a call or anything but I think PU scored late to win the game.

Yes, Purdue trailed most of regulation and overtime as I recall. It wasn't one particular call, it was the change in calls near the end of regulation that continued into overtime. The whistle started getting quick at one end while calls were pretty few and far between on the other end, allowing Purdue to force overtime and ultimately win the game. 

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a lot of family that went to Purdue, including my father.  He also went to IU as a grad student  earned a M.Ed. in Industrial Arts, though he never taught.  He said it was a vacation year after competing his degree in Mechanical Engineering.  Because of the great education he got at PU he was able to raise a family and help send his kids to college.  As he approaches 80, I am happy for him that his team is playing so well.  I just can't find it in my heart to hate the Boilermakers. I root for them because I root for my dad, except of course when they play IU, then I tell the old man that he can go pound sand.

i am doing what i said i would not do!  falling for the Lavar Ball model.  giving this 17 page Purdouche thread on an IU board any attention positive or negative just feeds it.  i hate to keep Rico going, but i was kind of shocked when i heard they have the most quality wins or something like that?  certainly not to say they aren't solid (sorry Rico), but their two biggest wins are vs 14 AZ and 21 Tenn, correct?

14 hours ago, NCHoosier32 said:

i am doing what i said i would not do!  falling for the Lavar Ball model.  giving this 17 page Purdouche thread on an IU board any attention positive or negative just feeds it.  i hate to keep Rico going, but i was kind of shocked when i heard they have the most quality wins or something like that?  certainly not to say they aren't solid (sorry Rico), but their two biggest wins are vs 14 AZ and 21 Tenn, correct?

LOL.........BTW, the Vols beat them.

According to CBS the Boilers are 6-2 against top 50 opponents.  Seeing as how they only have 2 losses, that would be UT and Western Kentucky.  As far as the 6 wins.  I would presume Marquette, 'Zona, Louisville, Butler, Michigan, and Maryland?  That being said.........from the projections I have seen the Terps and the Hilltoppers are both on the outside looking in right now as far as going dancing.  Purdue does have three match-ups left that will determine alot.  But no their resume is not overly impressive.  Basically they have beat 2 Top 25 teams and got beat by another one.  As it stands now.

52 minutes ago, cybergates said:

The timing of the AZ win gives the Boilers more credit than they deserve for it. AZ at the time was playing like a team outside of the top 100.

I’d agree they’re better now but I don’t think the committee looks at how they were playing then versus now. A top 25 win is a top 25 win. 

10 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I’d agree they’re better now but I don’t think the committee looks at how they were playing then versus now. A top 25 win is a top 25 win. 

I believe your are what your record says you are.  PU is in the driver's seat.  I think they are the team to beat this year in the BIG.  They definitely look like a FF team to me.

1 minute ago, tdhoosier said:

Okay - neutral floor - both teams playing up to their potential - who you got? MSU or PU?

I really can not wait to see these teams play each other. 

I need to see more of Purdue, haven't watched them much yet, but I think if MSU is playing focused and hard that they're the best team in the Big Ten. Problem is they haven't done that consistently. 

31 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I need to see more of Purdue, haven't watched them much yet, but I think if MSU is playing focused and hard that they're the best team in the Big Ten. Problem is they haven't done that consistently. 

That is just the thing.  MSU isn't on stride.  Who knows if they will even get there?  

36 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

Okay - neutral floor - both teams playing up to their potential - who you got? MSU or PU?

I really can not wait to see these teams play each other. 

I’d say it’s a toss-up honestly. They are turnover prone and if they had been playing Purdue instead of Illinois the other night, I think Purdue wins by double digits. They aren’t a great shooting team and could struggle against Purdue’s defense. But MSU can defend so Purdue would really have to earn it on the offensive end. 

13 minutes ago, rico said:

That is just the thing.  MSU isn't on stride.  Who knows if they will even get there?  

Yeah, right now they are take one step forward...take one step back. But based on history you gotta think that Izzo will get them there by the end of February. 

Given the hypothetical scenario (both teams playing well on a neutral court), I think the outside shooting would give Purdue the edge - I'd put my money on them. But I might change my mind next week. 

2 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

Yeah, right now they are take one step forward...take one step back. But based on history you gotta think that Izzo will get them there by the end of February. 

Given the hypothetical scenario (both teams playing well on a neutral court), I think the outside shooting would give Purdue the edge - I'd put my money on them. But I might change my mind next week. 

As we know all too well, TO's translate into losses.  I ain't sold on Sparty.  But I know Izzy's history.  

Archived