HTD's favorite topic

rico

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

And I hope that the Purdue athletic department continues to agree with you for years to come. 

If he continues to not make it far in the tournament, I think he should be gone. He should never go 5 years in between tournament wins. That’s unacceptable. 

1 minute ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Yeah, it’s pretty easy to troll IU fans into responding by talking up Purdue when IU is struggling.

Don't respond.  Pretty simple.  I am starting to get pissed.  I have made my Purdue ties known.  You go troll on another thread.

On 12/1/2017 at 10:19 AM, rico said:

I don't get pissed about anything anymore.  If you want to trash Purdue....have at it.  But I will not.

10 minutes ago, rico said:

Don't respond.  Pretty simple.  I am starting to get pissed.  I have made my Purdue ties known.  You go troll on another thread.

12 minutes ago, rico said:

You could always find a Purdue board to spread your Purdue fandom instead of regularly reminding us how good they are while our team struggles.

3 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

You could always find a Purdue board to spread your Purdue fandom instead of regularly reminding us how good they are while our team struggles.

Hell, I got one right here.  Nobody is making you respond.  But you guys do it anyway.  Hell tomorrow I will put up a Butler thread.  Maybe the day after that it will be Notre Dame.  Who knows.

1 hour ago, rico said:

This is an IU board so we should be discussing IU and not PU.  I couldn't care less what PU fans think of their team or IU teams and never understand why people go to other teams boards.

1 hour ago, rico said:

Hell, I got one right here.  Nobody is making you respond.  But you guys do it anyway.  Hell tomorrow I will put up a Butler thread.  Maybe the day after that it will be Notre Dame.  Who knows.

Why come to this board if you like those other programs.  I am sure they have their own boards where those fans should stay and leave this one for actual IU fans.

2 hours ago, rico said:

I have no clue what your Purdue ties are nor do I care if Painter is your uncle, brother, cousin or I guess step uncle, stepbrother,etc....the original subject was Purdue talking about deep tourney run. I said that's comical based on 2 tourney wins in 5 or 6 years. How we arrived at this point? Not sure. You've made your stance pretty clear. Good for you. But just because you say we on an IU message board can't respond doesn't mean you get your way. 

it's kind of like me coming on here and mentioning that my dad went to Kentucky and then talking about how this might be their year, etc., etc.  no one wants to hear it and no one cares.  those who do respond are going to upset you.  so if that's what you're looking for, that's up to you.  just don't be surprised when people on an IU board don't share your enthusiasm for our rival.  you wouldn't see this on an NC board about Duke, etc, etc.

41 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

it's kind of like me coming on here and mentioning that my dad went to Kentucky and then talking about how this might be their year, etc., etc.  no one wants to hear it and no one cares.  those who do respond are going to upset you.  so if that's what you're looking for, that's up to you.  just don't be surprised when people on an IU board don't share your enthusiasm for our rival.  you wouldn't see this on an NC board about Duke, etc, etc.

I guess you only want to talk IU?  Well that is your right.  But the last I checked we were free to discuss anything.  And it so happens I AM AN IU BACKER AND FOLLOWER.  But I grew up playing ball in this state and I follow all the state schools closely.  So shoot me.  No enthusiasm for Purdue......just general conversation discussing them.  

Seven of pee yew's next ELEVEN games are TRUE CONFERENCE ROAD GAMES starting with tomorrow night's game at FOURTEEN & 3 Michigan !!!

P.S. THIS JUST IN MICHIGAN is 9 & 0 AT HOME THIS SEASON            !!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. Again--- both of pee yews losses were away from hackey-smackey arena ?????

pee yew HATER"S FEARLESS PREDICTION :::::: Michigan 73 pee yew 70 !!! Let it be dear LORD let it be so !!!!!!!!!!!

On 1/8/2018 at 2:51 PM, hoosiertildeath said:

Seven of pee yew's next ELEVEN games are TRUE CONFERENCE ROAD GAMES starting with tomorrow night's game at FOURTEEN & 3 Michigan !!!

P.S. THIS JUST IN MICHIGAN is 9 & 0 AT HOME THIS SEASON            !!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. Again--- both of pee yews losses were away from hackey-smackey arena ?????

pee yew HATER"S FEARLESS PREDICTION :::::: Michigan 73 pee yew 70 !!! Let it be dear LORD let it be so !!!!!!!!!!!

Carnac, you are not!  VBG

The thread title is called Purdue, so that’s what you get here. If you’re offended by talking about Purdue, the thread title kind of gives it away.  

I don’t read Rico’s comments as gushing about Purdue.  He’s being real.  It doesn’t hurt anyone to be realistic and objective, even if it’s a rival.  The reality is Purdue is really good and the sky is the limit.  It doesn’t matter that they’ve lost in the past.  I doubt Edwards cares what happened when the Big Dog was here.  They are really good and it is what it is.  That doesn’t make me or Rico or anyone  else a Purdue fan if we can be objective and function in the real world.  There’s plenty of time to kick Purdue when they are down.  This is not one of those times as they are talented, well rounded, smart and tough.  I wouldn’t undersell them just because of underachieving past results.  

1 hour ago, BobSaccamanno said:

The thread title is called Purdue, so that’s what you get here. If you’re offended by talking about Purdue, the thread title kind of gives it away.  

I don’t read Rico’s comments as gushing about Purdue.  He’s being real.  It doesn’t hurt anyone to be realistic and objective, even if it’s a rival.  The reality is Purdue is really good and the sky is the limit.  It doesn’t matter that they’ve lost in the past.  I doubt Edwards cares what happened when the Big Dog was here.  They are really good and it is what it is.  That doesn’t make me or Rico or anyone  else a Purdue fan if we can be objective and function in the real world.  There’s plenty of time to kick Purdue when they are down.  This is not one of those times as they are talented, well rounded, smart and tough.  I wouldn’t undersell them just because of underachieving past results.  

Purdue's many failures prior to the Painter era are irrelevant and Purdue is really good. However, they've been good the past two years and failed quite spectacularly those two years not to mention the previous times in Painter's tenure when they have been good, which are entirely relevant. It is not being real or objective to ignore or gloss over this. We've been to this exact place raving about how good Purdue is on IU boards the last two years and neither panned out for them. Overselling out of fear is no more a sign of objectivity than underselling out of wishful thinking so let's pump the breaks on this "sky is the limit" nonsense too. Based on what I've seen so far this year, at least 3-5 teams would handle Purdue most games if they were to play, another 5-7 teams would have even odds any given night on a neutral court. Then you have those teams capable of getting extremely hot in the tournament and knocking them off. Can they make a run in the tournament? Sure. Will they? Way too early to determine at this point. Either way, IU having a down year doesn't make a good Purdue team into a definite title contender. 

26 minutes ago, hoosierBGH said:

Purdue's many failures prior to the Painter era are irrelevant and Purdue is really good. However, they've been good the past two years and failed quite spectacularly those two years not to mention the previous times in Painter's tenure when they have been good, which are entirely relevant. It is not being real or objective to ignore or gloss over this. We've been to this exact place raving about how good Purdue is on IU boards the last two years and neither panned out for them. Overselling out of fear is no more a sign of objectivity than underselling out of wishful thinking so let's pump the breaks on this "sky is the limit" nonsense too. Based on what I've seen so far this year, at least 3-5 teams would handle Purdue most games if they were to play, another 5-7 teams would have even odds any given night on a neutral court. Then you have those teams capable of getting extremely hot in the tournament and knocking them off. Can they make a run in the tournament? Sure. Will they? Way too early to determine at this point. Either way, IU having a down year doesn't make a good Purdue team into a definite title contender. 

Provide your list when you have time.  I want to compare to mine

Archived