HTD's favorite topic

rico

2 hours ago, hoosiertildeath said:

Tennessee 78 pee yew 75!! Then Western Kentucky 77 pee yew 73 !! Guess what ?  pee yew got OUT REBOUNDED ( a total of 75 to 63 ) in   those TWO game LOSSES !!1  pee yew fans and the so-call experts UNDERRATED the LOSS of ole Biggie Swanigan !!! Swanigan was not only pee yew's leading SCORER and REBOUNDER last season, he WAS THE SECOND BEST REBOUNDER IN THE ENTIRE COUNTRY LAST SEASON  !!  Next up those TAL < TALL , and talented Louisville  Cardinals !! pee yew's going down again !!  By the way , The Big Ten now only has 3 teams that have not lost yet ::Minnesota 7 & 0 . Illinois  , 6 & 0 , and RUTGERS 6 & 0 !!!!!  SIX Big Ten Teams has YWO LOSSES !! Guess which team is the only Big Ten team with THREE LOSSES ?? It is WISCONSIN , now only 3 & 3 !! I believe I posted earlier that I thought The Badgers would be DOWN this season ,( Compared to last season's veteran Badger squad !!)P.S. If I was a pee yew fan [God forbid ,vbg] I would not put too much store in the win over ab Arizona squad that has played this seaso with the heart and soul of their team [imho]  ,6'4" Guard Rawle Alkins ! Arizona's team OFFENSE aaaaaaaaaaand DEFENSE is way much BETTER when Alkins is playing !!

To be fair.......you are not giving Tennessee enough credit.  They are pretty good and should be in the mix in the SEC.  I think the Western Kentucky loss was due to a "hang over".  The Boilers fired on all cylinders against 'Zona.  That is the Purdue team I expect to see the rest of the year.

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Haha. I think a Purdue grad designed Assembly Hall though. 

Who?  It looks like Eggers & Higgins were the architects and Severud Associates were the structural engineer.  I'm sure it's possible there were some junior associates from Purdue who worked on the project, but I can't find any information about a Purdue grad designing it.

1 hour ago, rogue3542 said:

Who?  It looks like Eggers & Higgins were the architects and Severud Associates were the structural engineer.  I'm sure it's possible there were some junior associates from Purdue who worked on the project, but I can't find any information about a Purdue grad designing it.

I was joking. It was because of how bad some of the sight lines are (specifically in the balcony). Wasn’t being serious. 

54 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I hope Purdue beats Louisville. 

In an ordinary year, I would root for Purdue to be an abject failure, but this is no ordinary year when it comes to the lying cheating paid players coach hiring strippers Louisville team as the opposition.

I wish it were possible for them both to lose.

11 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

In an ordinary year, I would root for Purdue to be an abject failure, but this is no ordinary year when it comes to the lying cheating paid players coach hiring strippers Louisville team as the opposition.

I wish it were possible for them both to lose.

I'd be happy if Louisville lost all their games this year. Also while I can't stand Purdue, it's better for IU if both teams are good. IU-Purdue does nothing to move the needle if Purdue is terrible. So while I don't sit there and actively root for Purdue ever (except maybe in this case), I do believe it's better for IU if Purdue is good. 

One of the best things for IU would be for IU to be a true top 10/title contender and Purdue be a top 25 team. Makes the rivalry relevant on a national level.  

Best Home Court advantage in America ?? THAT'S Easy:: It's Hackey-Smackey Arena where pee yew gets by with Murder ,imho !! Last night pee yew shoots THIRTY FREE THROWS while the Visitors { Louisville] shoots ONLY 14 !! Need I say more !! ( I will anyway) !! Thank GOD they [the smellermakers] have to play ONE HALF of their CONFERENCE games away from Hackey-Smackey Arena !!

Games AWAY from Hackey-Smackey Arena yet to be played ( by the pee yew smellermakers] :::

Friday Dec. 1 , 2017 !1 @ MARYLAND [ 6 & 2]

December 16 ,2017 versus Butler [5 & 2]  IN INDIANAPOLIS !!

January games ::Jan. 9 ,2018 @ Michigan [ 6 & 1 ]

Jan. 13 , 2018 @ MINNESOTA [7 & 0]

Jan. 20 , 2018 @ Iowa [4 & 3]

Jan. 28 , 2018 AT INDIANA [4 & 2 ]

February games ::: Feb. 3 , 2018 @ Rutgers [ 6 & 1 ]

Feb . 10 , 2018 :: AT MICHIGAN STATE [ 5 & 1]

Feb . 15 , 2018 @ WISCONSIN [ 3 & 4 ] The Badgers are DOWN this season , but I'm hoping they play their best game of the season versus the smellermakers  !!!!!!

Feb. 22 ,2018 @ ILLINOIS [ 6 & 1 ]  

I'm hoping those smellermakers lose every one of those games !! 

21 hours ago, hoosiertildeath said:

Best Home Court advantage in America ?? THAT'S Easy:: It's Hackey-Smackey Arena where pee yew gets by with Murder ,imho !! Last night pee yew shoots THIRTY FREE THROWS while the Visitors { Louisville] shoots ONLY 14 !! Need I say more !! ( I will anyway) !! Thank GOD they [the smellermakers] have to play ONE HALF of their CONFERENCE games away from Hackey-Smackey Arena !!

I think 8 of those free throws were in the last minute or so when they had to start fouling. The others were all legit because Haas was getting mauled. 

21 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

would never ever cheer for Purdue over anyone.

I like the B1G schools to do well.  If Purdue is playing UK, Louisville, or Duke I am absolutely cheering for the Boilers.  Time to wake up and smell the coffee guys.  They got a pretty damn good team.  IF the Purdue hatred is that bad, then I suggest you don't post on a Purdue thread.  Seems simple to me.

3 minutes ago, rico said:

I like the B1G schools to do well.  If Purdue is playing UK, Louisville, or Duke I am absolutely cheering for the Boilers.  Time to wake up and smell the coffee guys.  They got a pretty damn good team.  IF the Purdue hatred is that bad, then I suggest you don't post on a Purdue thread.  Seems simple to me.

Dude, this is an IU board.  I don’t understand why you’re getting upset that people are criticizing Purdue.  Also, they’re not half as good as you think they are.

I think Purdue has a pretty good team this year.  I graduated from both IU and PU.  I will admit to being more partial to IU and have had

2 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

:)

season tickets for IUFB and IUBB for years.  I have no problem pulling for them or anyone in our conference against another conference.  When IU plays PU, I cheer for the winner so  I go home happy!

5 hours ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Dude, this is an IU board.  I don’t understand why you’re getting upset that people are criticizing Purdue.  Also, they’re not half as good as you think they are.

Then why did you respond to my post?  Let me take a shot in the dark.  You can't help yourself?  

Archived