HTD's favorite topic

rico

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I'm not sure if he's good at anything really, but he is big and can dominate smaller guys who can't overcome the side with talent. 

I think that’s a bit much. He’s a solid offensive player but sometimes can’t catch the ball cleanly and makes mistakes. He has some skill/finesse for a 7’2 guy, can shoot FT’s, and has decent post moves. But he sucks on D for the most part (besides clogging the lane), doesn’t rebound well, and doesn’t really block shots. He’s good at drawing fouls, converting free throws, and scoring close to the rim. He’s still a solid player that any coach would be happy to have on their roster I’d guess. 

2 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I think that’s a bit much. He’s a solid offensive player but sometimes can’t catch the ball cleanly and makes mistakes. He has some skill/finesse for a 7’2 guy, can shoot FT’s, and has decent post moves. But he sucks on D for the most part (besides clogging the lane), doesn’t rebound well, and doesn’t really block shots. He’s good at drawing fouls, converting free throws, and scoring close to the rim. He’s still a solid player that any coach would be happy to have on their roster I’d guess. 

Other than being a good free throws shooter, everything you just said would indicate he is just big and plays well against smaller guys who aren't good enough to make up the size gap. 

Didn't watch Purdue game. Saw they lost. Can anyone give me what Tennessee did to beat them? I think the Vols were picked to be 13th in SEC so on paper (I use that term loosely this time of year). Sounds like a disappointing loss but sounds like and reality are usually two different things this time of year.

3 hours ago, FW_Hoosier said:

But I thought Purdue was going undefeated this year!!!  At least that was the impression I got from the way some were fawning all over them.

I cannot WAIT for this HTD rant, lol

xD...with the holidays, it may be Friday before HTD catches the bus to the library, but I too am looking forward to hearing him go off on the "Smellermakers".

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Didn't watch Purdue game. Saw they lost. Can anyone give me what Tennessee did to beat them? I think the Vols were picked to be 13th in SEC so on paper (I use that term loosely this time of year). Sounds like a disappointing loss but sounds like and reality are usually two different things this time of year.

Offensive rebounding killed us. They had 20 offensive rebounds. Haas only had 3 rebounds which is terrible. We had 18 turnovers that led to 20 points. Just too many mistakes and didn’t shoot it well enough to overcome the mistakes. 

11 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Offensive rebounding killed us. They had 20 offensive rebounds. Haas only had 3 rebounds which is terrible. We had 18 turnovers that led to 20 points. Just too many mistakes and didn’t shoot it well enough to overcome the mistakes. 

3 boards for Haas? Would drive me crazy given his size. Reminds me of Hibbert when he  was with Pacers. 7'2 and is 3rd or 4th on team in rebounding. 

Archived