HTD's favorite topic

rico

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Purdue is very impressive this season. Have to wonder how playing in a weak Big Ten will affect them in the post season. Not getting challenged very often over a period of 2 - 2 1/2 months,  only playing MSU and tOSU once each, plus having the BTT a week earlier than usual. May mean nothing, undoubtedly will be discussed a lot during that extra week before the tournament starts.

1 hour ago, BruceDouglas said:

Purdue is very impressive this season. Have to wonder how playing in a weak Big Ten will affect them in the post season. Not getting challenged very often over a period of 2 - 2 1/2 months,  only playing MSU and tOSU once each, plus having the BTT a week earlier than usual. May mean nothing, undoubtedly will be discussed a lot during that extra week before the tournament starts.

I wonder about that too. I guess we shall see. I’m nervous about the game Sunday for sure. 

1 hour ago, BruceDouglas said:

I think the BTT will tell all.

The best thing about the pee yew smellermakers [ to ME ] is that they will not have Haas , Mathias , P. J . Thompson , and Vince Edwards after this season ends !!! IU's recruiting class is rated #18 IN THE NATION for the 2018-2019 season and Archie has TWO more scholarships available to hand out in April  ! pee yew's class for 2018-2019 is currently listed at only # 32 in the nation !! Archie is doing a great job of recruiting !! I am so going to love seeing the smellermakers LOSE in THE NCAA TOURNAMENT again this year ( LIKE THEY ALWAYS DO , VBG) muck the smellermakers vbg !!!

P.S. BEWARE THE IDES OF MARCH !! Selection Sunday is coming baby ( March 11 , 2018 ) The First Four begins on March 13 , 2018  & March 14 ,2018 !!  Then - the REAL BIG DANCE starts on March 15 , 2018  !!  ONLY 42 DAYS until THE REAL SHOW BEGINS  !!

42 minutes ago, hoosiertildeath said:

The best thing about the pee yew smellermakers [ to ME ] is that they will not have Haas , Mathias , P. J . Thompson , and Vince Edwards after this season ends !!! IU's recruiting class is rated #18 IN THE NATION for the 2018-2019 season and Archie has TWO more scholarships available to hand out in April  ! pee yew's class for 2018-2019 is currently listed at only # 32 in the nation !! Archie is doing a great job of recruiting !! I am so going to love seeing the smellermakers LOSE in THE NCAA TOURNAMENT again this year ( LIKE THEY ALWAYS DO , VBG) muck the smellermakers vbg !!!

P.S. BEWARE THE IDES OF MARCH !! Selection Sunday is coming baby ( March 11 , 2018 ) The First Four begins on March 13 , 2018  & March 14 ,2018 !!  Then - the REAL BIG DANCE starts on March 15 , 2018  !!  ONLY 42 DAYS until THE REAL SHOW BEGINS  !!

Let me guess... Purdue is overrated?

2 hours ago, hoosiertildeath said:

Hmmmmmmm.......just speechless.

11 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

He is consistent in his hatred of Purdue.  You gotta give that to him.  I outgrew my dislike of them once i graduated high school.  I really only Hate Wisconsin and OSU.  I really want them to lose at every sport, every year

I still hate Purdue more than any other college team.  The only two  other teams I hate is UK and Duke.

1 hour ago, Billingsley99 said:

A good friend of mine that happens to be a Purdue grad and big fan said something that sums up Purdues existence.   "Being a Purdue basketball fan is like being Charlie Brown you just keep waiting for Lucy to pull the football away because you know it's coming"  

I bet he is a Cubs fan also. 

Billingsley 99 ::: I have actually met a couple of pee yew fans who are honest enough to admit that UNTILL pee yew wins 5 NCAA tournament Championships like indiana University has that they and no other pee yew fan has the right to knock IU's Men's basketball program !! Unfortunately , it has been a very , very ,very , very  rare situation when that has been said to me !!

4 hours ago, hoosiertildeath said:

Billingsley 99 ::: I have actually met a couple of pee yew fans who are honest enough to admit that UNTILL pee yew wins 5 NCAA tournament Championships like indiana University has that they and no other pee yew fan has the right to knock IU's Men's basketball program !! Unfortunately , it has been a very , very ,very , very  rare situation when that has been said to me !!

The bad thing is that half of our fan base wasn't even alive the last time we won a national title.  and its been 16 years since we went to one.  We need to get this train back on track and moving

19 hours ago, hoosiertildeath said:

I was over at my Notre Dame buddy's house last night and we started talking about Purdue.  The conversation started about their basketball team this year but evolved into the program in general.  Other than the 1 women's title has Purdue won a championship in anything else?

32 minutes ago, rico said:

I was over at my Notre Dame buddy's house last night and we started talking about Purdue.  The conversation started about their basketball team this year but evolved into the program in general.  Other than the 1 women's title has Purdue won a championship in anything else?

They have one for men’s golf and one for women's golf. I don’t really count cheerleading but they just won one this year haha. 

2 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

They have one for men’s golf and one for women's golf. I don’t really count cheerleading but they just won one this year haha. 

At my old high school we count cheerleading because that is the only sport we have won a state championship in.

Archived