HTD's favorite topic

rico

13 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

LOL...every forum needs a Homer...thanks, HTD, for being ours.

...and yeah...I'd love to see the Smellermakers lose two in a row...even if it is to Sexual Assault U.

I can't get behind that. The possibility of MSU being number 1 is disturbing to me. 

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

I said it a month ago, Purdue peaked too early.  I see signs of fatigue and they totally remind me of IUs last #1 seed.  They could still change but right now they aren’t playing well.  Last 4 games haven’t been good for them, even though they are 3-1 in those games.

I'm starting to hear grumblings from my Purdue friends fearing playing in the World University Games may be leading to burnout/fatigue among the team. Their starting 5 play a ton of minutes and account for 82% of their production on offense. At some point even high energy 19-22 year olds crap out and need a break.

34 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

I said it a month ago, Purdue peaked too early.  I see signs of fatigue and they totally remind me of IUs last #1 seed.  They could still change but right now they aren’t playing well.  Last 4 games haven’t been good for them, even though they are 3-1 in those games.

I’d rather they take their lumps now than a month from now you know? 

7 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I’d rather they take their lumps now than a month from now you know? 

I could be wrong, but I see a similar trajectory to that of IU's Cody/Vic team that peaked and then was exposed by Cuse's zone. This PU has exploitable weaknesses, and I think they fall at or about the SW16. That's not to say PU is not a very good team (as much as it pains me to acknowledge that), just think they're going down.

10 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

I could be wrong, but I see a similar trajectory to that of IU's Cody/Vic team that peaked and then was exposed by Cuse's zone. This PU has exploitable weaknesses, and I think they fall at or about the SW16. That's not to say PU is not a very good team (as much as it pains me to acknowledge that), just think they're going down.

Could be. I think it helps that there aren’t any dominant teams this year. One could also say that even though Purdue hasn’t played well the last 4 or 5 games, they’ve still only lost by a point to a pretty good team. If we win at MSU tomorrow, all is well. That’s a big IF of course. 

50 minutes ago, Hoosier82 said:

I'm starting to hear grumblings from my Purdue friends fearing playing in the World University Games may be leading to burnout/fatigue among the team. Their starting 5 play a ton of minutes and account for 82% of their production on offense. At some point even high energy 19-22 year olds crap out and need a break.

Interesting you say that, because on his radio show Archie was asked about a potential overseas summer trip. He said he wouldn't want to do it with an older team because the guys would burnout from hearing his voice. He said veteran players don't need you coaching/yelling at them in August. He said he'd rather do something like that with a young team that would benefit more from the extra practice. 

8 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Interesting you say that, because on his radio show Archie was asked about a potential overseas summer trip. He said he wouldn't want to do it with an older team because the guys would burnout from hearing his voice. He said veteran players don't need you coaching/yelling at them in August. He said he'd rather do something like that with a young team that would benefit more from the extra practice. 

Yep. And I agree all day long with those sentiments. I thought it was an excellent point and one I hadn't considered but it makes sense. 

4 hours ago, Hoosier82 said:

That is what I am hearing as well from my Purdue friends.  I have even heard a few that are concerned about Painter's lack of "PT" management in games that were in the bag.  But it will be interesting to see how it all plays out for the remainder of the season.

4 hours ago, BGleas said:

Archie is a thoughtful and bright guy.  It’s very striking.  

Normaly , i do not come to the Library  on Sunday , but this was too good to wait until tomorrow ( So I took a Cab VBG !!)!! pee yew's SMELLERMAKERS #3 in the nation ?? Har-de-har-har !! LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO !! The Smellermakers LOSE TWO IN A ROW FOR THE SECOND TIME THIS SEASON !!! I'm LOVING It !! If those bum SMELLERMakers ARE THE THIRD BEST TEAM IN AMERICA , Then I think  Tennessee  , Western Kentucky , Ohio State , and Michigan State should be considered for #1 & # 2 IN THE NATION ,VBG !! By the Way , The OHIO STATE BUCKEYES NOW have sole possesion of FIRST PLACE in THE BIG TEN CONFERENCE !! Not the turd-u SMELLERMAKERS !!

P.S. The BUCKNUTS were ranked # 14 in the Nation while pee yew was # 3 (???????????????????????????????????0 So much for the RANKINGS !! By the way , a team that BEAT those Smellermakers [Tennessee] just LOST by 28 POINTS to [?]  ALABAMA !!

That was a MOCK PAIRINGS SHOW !! Not the REAL thing !! Alabama was ranked #40 IN THE NATION prior to their game with TENNESSEE ( one of the FOUR teams that have defeated the smellermakers)  !! AND-Alabama CRUSHED TENNESSEE by a score of 78 to 50 YESTERDAY !!!!!! pee yew is so overrated its way too funny to even imagine them as one of the 3 best teams in AMERICA !!

The REAL NCAA TOURNAMENT PAIRINGS will NOT BE REVEALED until March 11 , 2018 !! A FULL MONTH FROM Now !! I expect to see those pee yew SMELLERMAKER turkies lose at least one more time before the ACTUAL NCAA TOURNAMENT PAIRINGS ARE REVEALED ! !!! I remember once when those overrated turkies were a #1 seed and NEARLY Lost to a # 16 seed Western Carolina !! Western Carolina had the last TWO shots and if one of them had went in , the smellermakers would have  BEEN THE  ONLY # 1  SEED TO LOSE TO  A #16 SEED ! muck pee yew !!!!!

1 hour ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Hate to break it to you HTD, but I saw on ESPN where Perdont still is a #1 seed foe the Dance despite their losses......

Was a tad surprised by that but they do have plenty of top 100 wins. Curious if a team has ever been 3rd seed in conference tourney but #1 in NCAA? Hahaha

2 hours ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Hate to break it to you HTD, but I saw on ESPN where Perdont still is a #1 seed foe the Dance despite their losses......

Feb. 6, 2018.  And Feb. 11, 2018.  TWO days that will live in Hoosier Sports Nation infamy.

Why ?

Because on Feb. 6, 2018.... HSN 3.0 went down (we are a small operation ) And needing his HSN fix.... HTD posted on our old 247 site.  Six times.... and no one has posted over there after him.   Not to worry, despite still using the name which is legally owned by CC....  Hoosier Sports Nation.... that platform will eventually  be going away.

And then on Feb. 11, 2018..... HTD takes a cab, on a Sunday, no less.... to worship at the alter of HSN 3.0.

Gotta love the heart HTD has for our Hoosiers..... and Hoosier Sports Nation !

3 hours ago, hoosiertildeath said:

That was a MOCK PAIRINGS SHOW !! Not the REAL thing !! Alabama was ranked #40 IN THE NATION prior to their game with TENNESSEE ( one of the FOUR teams that have defeated the smellermakers)  !! AND-Alabama CRUSHED TENNESSEE by a score of 78 to 50 YESTERDAY !!!!!! pee yew is so overrated its way too funny to even imagine them as one of the 3 best teams in AMERICA !!

The REAL NCAA TOURNAMENT PAIRINGS will NOT BE REVEALED until March 11 , 2018 !! A FULL MONTH FROM Now !! I expect to see those pee yew SMELLERMAKER turkies lose at least one more time before the ACTUAL NCAA TOURNAMENT PAIRINGS ARE REVEALED ! !!! I remember once when those overrated turkies were a #1 seed and NEARLY Lost to a # 16 seed Western Carolina !! Western Carolina had the last TWO shots and if one of them had went in , the smellermakers would have  BEEN THE  ONLY # 1  SEED TO LOSE TO  A #16 SEED ! muck pee yew !!!!!

These brackets come from the actual committee and not someone like Lunardi so as of today they would still be a #1 seed.

8 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

These brackets come from the actual committee and not someone like Lunardi so as of today they would still be a #1 seed.

What you are saying is true.  I believe they starting do this, last year. 

I did not care for it then.  As I don't today.  Kind of takes away from the thunder of the official announcement day... IMHO. 

I do not give a rat's ass where that mock Pairings show came form that appeared on ESPN !! The only PAIRINGS SHOW that matter to me is the ONE THAT WILL BE TELEVISED ON CBS ( NOT ESPN ) ON MARCH 11 ,2018 ! There is a ton of basketball to be played out between now and then !

P.S AND the SMELLERMAKERS will NOT BE PLAYING Fairfield ,Valparaiso ,  IUPUI or Tennessee State over the remainder of the REGULAR SEASON , either !! The competition from now on is gonna get tougher for those SMELLERMAKERS as the season progresses ( especially once they get into the big dance !!

P.S. (AGAIN) To refresh your memory , last season's NCAA Tournament :: KANSAS 98 pee yew's SMELLERMAKERS 66 ( THIRTY TWO POINT BUTT WHUPPIN' ) How about the 2016 NCAA Tournament ?. First Round : Arkansas Little Rock 85 turd-yew 83 !! HOW SWEET IT IS when I see those LOSERS get KNOCKED OUT of the "BIG Dance " 

49 minutes ago, hoosiertildeath said:

I do not give a rat's ass where that mock Pairings show came form that appeared on ESPN !! The only PAIRINGS SHOW that matter to me is the ONE THAT WILL BE TELEVISED ON CBS ( NOT ESPN ) ON MARCH 11 ,2018 ! There is a ton of basketball to be played out between now and then !

P.S AND the SMELLERMAKERS will NOT BE PLAYING Fairfield ,Valparaiso ,  IUPUI or Tennessee State over the remainder of the REGULAR SEASON , either !! The competition from now on is gonna get tougher for those SMELLERMAKERS as the season progresses ( especially once they get into the big dance !!

P.S. (AGAIN) To refresh your memory , last season's NCAA Tournament :: KANSAS 98 pee yew's SMELLERMAKERS 66 ( THIRTY TWO POINT BUTT WHUPPIN' ) How about the 2016 NCAA Tournament ?. First Round : Arkansas Little Rock 85 turd-yew 83 !! HOW SWEET IT IS when I see those LOSERS get KNOCKED OUT of the "BIG Dance " 

Still can't believe these kind of post comes from a 78 year old man

Archived