Looking ahead to 2019-2020

10 minutes ago, rico said:

Is OK......can you give me a synopsis?

I did above. MSU and Michigan rated one and two. Maryland #9. Purdue around 21 I think, and one other B1G school in the top 25 although I couldn't recall who.

Usual suspect rounding out the top 10. Had Texas Tech at 24 I think.

And, as I mentioned, the big names on our recruiting page--Beverly, Watford and Quinones, he had all 3 going elsewhere, not to IU

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

I did above. MSU and Michigan rated one and two. Maryland #9. Purdue around 21 I think, and one other B1G school in the top 25 although I couldn't recall who.

Usual suspect rounding out the top 10. Had Texas Tech at 24 I think.

And, as I mentioned, the big names on our recruiting page--Beverly, Watford and Quinones, he had all 3 going elsewhere, not to IU

Marquette, Duke, Carolina?

Fewer teams from Indiana will be in rebuild mode next season than this one.

We can start there on glaring omissions I expect them to be way off about. 

Just going to go with my gut and laugh these polls off for now. Their guesses will be as good or as bad, as ours. 

5 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Lunardi has his way to early bracketology up for next year and we are no where to be seen.  we are not even in the second 4 out so most don't think we will be good next year.

All depends on what the roster looks like and hunter but right now I would have to agree we won’t be very good next year if that call had to be made today

3 minutes ago, Cutter said:

All depends on what the roster looks like and hunter but right now I would have to agree we won’t be very good next year if that call had to be made today

I just think it is silly to come out with these rankings right after the season.  We have no idea who is leaving or staying or where recruits or transfers will end up.

16 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I just think it is silly to come out with these rankings right after the season.  We have no idea who is leaving or staying or where recruits or transfers will end up.

Yes I agree completely, they have to put stuff out no matter how inaccurate just for business I guess

21 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Her is what I am looking for.

A few more wins.

A few less losses.

A few more smiles.

A few less tears.

A few more recruits to lay a foundation.

A few less bricks as part of the foundation.

I saw enough bricks last year to build the whole arena not just the foundation 

3 hours ago, IU Scott said:

It is no different than what goes on in every other sport in the off season....the people that love the game will follow the projections.

2 hours ago, Cutter said:

Yes I agree completely, they have to put stuff out no matter how inaccurate just for business I guess

Well, to be fair, it's not that hard to figure that a lot of the best teams are going to be good again, just based on the recruiting classes and players you know are returning. OTOH, a team like IU is difficult to figure out, because we've got holes to fill in recruiting, have a coach that's still working on program direction/culture, and need to fix chemistry issues, which are all difficult to predict at this point.

7 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Lunardi has his way to early bracketology up for next year and we are no where to be seen.  we are not even in the second 4 out so most don't think we will be good next year.

Lunardi is an idiot.

Seriously, he’s just terrible.

Regardless there’s no reason, at this point, for anyone to peg IU for top 25. Tons of wait and see for IU next season.

Logic says every coach needs time to build and develop. Logic also says by year 3 we should expect some results including a tourney bid. If we don't....I'll have reasons to evaluate Archie again. I don't believe it should take 3 seasons to get at least a bid to tourney.....and this is coming from a guy who knows how bad our AD hamstrung Archie when he joined. 

Don't care anymore. Out of patience with the clown show in Bloomington. I love IU and IU basketball so much. We've turned into Illinois or Iowa in the last 10 years. 

i get that at this point, these can't be very accurate until a few of the other top recruits announce where they are going and a few more declare for the draft, and some decide to pull back from the draft later, but it's still fun.  why not?  and yes, looking at incoming classes and kids who will definitely come back, and then also at the program itself/coach, many can be at least in the general area of where they'll end up.   

22 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Would be surprised re Winston.  Not sure how well his game translates to the NBA honestly and don't think he's on any mock projections this year.

But a lot like Carsen, what does he have to gain by coming back another year?

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Just heard Aaron Henry's father state that the play right now is that everyone on MSU will be back.  He just got back to work today from his trip to the final four and it sounds like they all want to come back to win a championship.

And Sparty nation is setting a street on fire somewhere in East Lansing with that news.

3 minutes ago, rico said:

And Sparty nation is setting a street on fire somewhere in East Lansing with that news.

Not saying that couldn't change but appears to be the plan right now.  I would say this lineup would probably be #1 in the country next year

Winston

Langford

Henry

Ward

Tillman

I am not sure if Ward and Tillman could play on the floor at the same time but that would win the Big Ten easily

8 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Not saying that couldn't change but appears to be the plan right now.  I would say this lineup would probably be #1 in the country next year

Winston

Langford

Henry

Ward

Tillman

I am not sure if Ward and Tillman could play on the floor at the same time but that would win the Big Ten easily

And then you have to look at who they will be adding......

https://www.scout.com/Season/2019-Basketball/TeamRankings/

Archived