Looking ahead to 2019-2020

Well another season in the books and with that comes "experts" looking ahead to next season.  There are plenty of early Top 25 polls out there already.  Looking at them it appears that the B1G will once again be what it was this season, brutal.  Every one I have looked at has Sparty #1 and Michigan in the top 5.  Most have Maryland Top 10.  Iowa, Ohio St., and Minnesota appear in most of them from 11-25.  

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, rico said:

Well another season in the books and with that comes "experts" looking ahead to next season.  There are plenty of early Top 25 polls out there already.  Looking at them it appears that the B1G will once again be what it was this season, brutal.  Every one I have looked at has Sparty #1 and Michigan in the top 5.  Most have Maryland Top 10.  Iowa, Ohio St., and Minnesota appear in most of them from 11-25.  

Will Sparty lose anyone to the NBA? Winston possibly?

20 minutes ago, rico said:

Will have to wait and see who all goes early to the NBA but I don't see Minnesota being in the top 25 especially if they lose Coffey.

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

Will have to wait and see who all goes early to the NBA but I don't see Minnesota being in the top 25 especially if they lose Coffey.

We are definitely in the wait and see mode concerning early entries.  Coffey at Minny, Cook at Iowa, and Wesson from OSU come to mind.  

Just now, Stlboiler23 said:

I think Purdue should be around 25 right now.  Don't know if I'd agree being much higher ranked than that.

I have not seen Purdue in any of the polls I have looked at, which actually surprised me.

1 minute ago, NotIThatLives said:

That's last year's early in reference to Scott wondering how the predictions were.  

I see the date now but was fooled by the fact that the records appear to be updated for the season just finished. I know IU's is.

22 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

Thanks and they did a pretty good job with 3 of the 4 final four teams were in their top 12.  They missed badly on UCLA, WVU and IU because they were nowhere near the top 25.

31 minutes ago, rico said:

We are definitely in the wait and see mode concerning early entries.  Coffey at Minny, Cook at Iowa, and Wesson from OSU come to mind.  

I'm kind of surprised that Bruno Fernando hasn't declared yet, and Jalen Smith is a slim possibility to leave as well.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/2019-20-college-basketball-rankings-michigan-state-is-no-1-in-the-never-too-early-top-25-and-1-

Here is Parrish's list for next season.

Besides the rankings, interesting to point out that he has IU targets Beverly going to MSU and both Watford and Quinones to Memphis.

B1G schools rated 1 and 2 with Maryland at 9. Five conference teams in total in the top 25

24 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Thanks and they did a pretty good job with 3 of the 4 final four teams were in their top 12.  They missed badly on UCLA, WVU and IU because they were nowhere near the top 25.

Texas tech was an elite 8 team but brought in 2 5th year transfers, so they were hard to peg.  

17 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/2019-20-college-basketball-rankings-michigan-state-is-no-1-in-the-never-too-early-top-25-and-1-

Here is Parrish's list for next season.

Besides the rankings, interesting to point out that he has IU targets Beverly going to MSU and both Watford and Quinones to Memphis.

B1G schools rated 1 and 2 with Maryland at 9. Five conference teams in total in the top 25

I can't get that to load.

Archived