Pet Peeves

1 hour ago, Drroogh said:

I know the government has my thumbprint from when I worked for the feds, but I have an aversion to willingly giving out my biometrics! Even though I know THEY already have them.🤷‍♂️

They already know who I am.  Might as well make my life a little bit less of a hassle. 

That said, I don't do thumbprint or face recognition for phone locking. 

3 hours ago, Drroogh said:

I know the government has my thumbprint from when I worked for the feds, but I have an aversion to willingly giving out my biometrics! Even though I know THEY already have them.🤷‍♂️

Precheck is worth it. My Capital One Venture card covered the charge, and pre check you dont have to take your shoes off and separate laptops, etc. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ledies22 said:

Precheck is worth it. My Capital One Venture card covered the charge, and pre check you dont have to take your shoes off and separate laptops, etc. 

Oh I know, had precheck for awhile but like you it was a perk and I didn’t have to give up my biometrics to get it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ledies22 said:

Clear saved my azz once coming out of MSP. Precheck was 500 ppl long. I've been doing this long enough I arrive with a plan to walk up to the gate, as the door is opening for boarding. It's turned into a game at this point.

Clear was VERY new at the time, <2 minutes walking through, with 500 pissed off Pre checkers watching me.

It's since expired and I didn't renew. Covid travel changed everything for me. and I can hold a grudge longer than Noah. or Job. .... 

4 minutes ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

Clear saved my azz once coming out of MSP. Precheck was 500 ppl long. I've been doing this long enough I arrive with a plan to walk up to the gate, as the door is opening for boarding. It's turned into a game at this point.

Clear was VERY new at the time, <2 minutes walking through, with 500 pissed off Pre checkers watching me.

It's since expired and I didn't renew. Covid travel changed everything for me. and I can hold a grudge longer than Noah. or Job. .... 

I remember when I did have precheck a couple times I went through regular security because the precheck line was so much longer?

Edited by Drroogh
  • Like 1

Just now, Drroogh said:

Drop down, pull up, drop in advertising that moves the screen right as you touch causing you to open something you REALLY didn’t want to!

I remember when I did have precheck a couple times I went through regular security because the precheck line was so much longer?

Not uncommon in bigger airports. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

And then there's the employee line :) 

Or my son used to tell of going thru the contractors entrance at Ohare. Said he would take a knife with him and tell security he needed it to scrape paint samples.

28 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

Or my son used to tell of going thru the contractors entrance at Ohare. Said he would take a knife with him and tell security he needed it to scrape paint samples.

I’m pretty sure you could get a 55 gallon drum of manure and a 500 foot loop of detonation cord through the employee security at an airport. 

22 hours ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

Fly into Sikeston MO, call Lamberts restaurant and they will send a driver to come get you, walk you in the back door, have a saved table for you and then they will throw hot rolls at you while you're there. 

I was curious and sure enough, Sikeston actually has an airport.  Their runways are so small that larger species of hawks and eagles couldn't land on them and instead of metal detectors and x-ray scanners, their security consists of a dude in bib overalls carrying a sawed off shotgun who will look at you menacingly and say "Yew don't look like yew's from 'round here". 

I also liked the Wikipedia description of the airport:

Sikeston Memorial Municipal Airport is a city-owned, public-use airport located two nautical miles northeast of the central business district of Sikeston, in Scott County, Missouri, United States.

Which two blocks make up Sikeston's central business district?

:coffee:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Zlinedavid said:

I was curious and sure enough, Sikeston actually has an airport.  Their runways are so small that larger species of hawks and eagles couldn't land on them and instead of metal detectors and x-ray scanners, their security consists of a dude in bib overalls carrying a sawed off shotgun who will look at you menacingly and say "Yew don't look like yew's from 'round here". 

I also liked the Wikipedia description of the airport:

Which two blocks make up Sikeston's central business district?

:coffee:

5,500’ long , elevation 315msl’. A lot of planes will land or depart from 5,500’ 

IMG_9170.png

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

5,500’ long , elevation 315msl’. A lot of planes will land or depart from 5,500’ 

IMG_9170.png

Worked a more than a few going into KSIK and KCGI (Cape Girardeau) back in my days in SW Illinois...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve never been one to spend hours building my own playlist of music, mostly have let some radio station do that work for me. So I thought it would be a good thing to just say play ‘music’ to the AI. However since I usually don’t spin the dial so to speak, AI has chosen a narrow playlist for me that results in repetitive music? Now I’m having to spend time trying to teach AI I’m not as narrow as it thinks I am!?😡😡😡

Edited by Drroogh
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Drroogh said:

I’ve never been one to spend hours building my own playlist of music, mostly have let some radio station do that work for me. So I thought it would be a good thing to just say play ‘music’ to the AI. However since I usually don’t spin the dial so to speak, AI has chosen a narrow playlist for me that results in repetitive music? Now I’m having to spend time trying to teach AI I’m not as narrow as it thinks I am!?😡😡😡

Don't fight it man, just relax and allow it to happen. It will go slow....

They say... :)

On 4/2/2024 at 10:21 AM, Drroogh said:

All you need is Ozzie/Black Sabbath, Metallica, Johnny Cash, Hank Williams, Rolling Stones, Elvis, and Temptations.

Playlist will build itself 

17 minutes ago, pinkroync said:

All you need is Ozzie/Black Sabbath, Metallica, Johnny Cash, Hank Williams, Rolling Stones, Elvis, and Temptations.

Playlist will build itself 

Kind of partial to blues rock need to add some Samantha Fish and Kenny Wayne Shepherd

• Like 2

On 4/2/2024 at 10:21 AM, Drroogh said:

I'm the opposite.  My tastes in music are so random that I've broken the YT Music AI.  "Suggested playlists" are more like "random shuffles", which I don't mind.  Guess that's what happens when you go from DMX to George Strait to the Jackson 5 to Britney Spears to European symphonic metal in one playlist 😂

1 minute ago, Zlinedavid said:

I'm the opposite.  My tastes in music are so random that I've broken the YT Music AI.  "Suggested playlists" are more like "random shuffles", which I don't mind.  Guess that's what happens when you go from DMX to George Strait to the Jackson 5 to Britney Spears to European symphonic metal in one playlist 😂

I need to teach my music AI to be that way! My my mind and music interests are like an out of balance spinning top. Going here and there crashing into things!😂

57 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

Arrrrrghhh! So I used to be the sound guy at church playing walk in/out music from my account. So instead of saying play music just now I said play my playlist. First song was church instrumental walk in music! 😬