Pet Peeves

1 hour ago, Naturalhoosier said:

I’m sure this is buried in the 30-some odd pages but my rant for the morning is regarding common courtesies. Why are they so difficult to mutter for some?  A simple Please. Thank you. You’re welcome, goes a long way. I blame my awesome midwestern values for heightening these expectations.

Ugggh. Happy Friday!  :)

Absolutely...Or the people who either just force you out of the way or glare at you when trying to navigate a grocery aisle...I've looked at more than one and said, "Excuse me works."

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Naturalhoosier said:

I’m sure this is buried in the 30-some odd pages but my rant for the morning is regarding common courtesies. Why are they so difficult to mutter for some?  A simple Please. Thank you. You’re welcome, goes a long way. I blame my awesome midwestern values for heightening these expectations.

Ugggh. Happy Friday!  :)

My first time to Chicago was my first time to a real big city as an adult. I think I walked about 3 blocks and said the hell with it. When in Rome. 

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

My first time to Chicago was my first time to a real big city as an adult. I think I walked about 3 blocks and said the hell with it. When in Rome. 

Growing up in Southern Indiana I've always said the farther north you go the more rude people get.  10 years ago I'd blast people right back.  You wanna play that game, OK.  Now days, ya probably get shot so I stay right here in Hamilton County unless I have to.  

• Like 2

6 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Absolutely...Or the people who either just force you out of the way or glare at you when trying to navigate a grocery aisle...I've looked at more than one and said, "Excuse me works."

On the scale of pet peeves I know this is way down the list but what drives me crazy is when people just barely push their cart into the return bin outside. I actually organize it when I see it because it drives me crazy when people just push it in the the general direction and expect the help to do everything. 

I've probably complained about this before. Oh well. 

Along the same lines pertaining to people in the aisles, I absolutely hate it when someone is leaving the grocery store, Walmart, wherever, and then stop right in the middle of the exit door with people behind them. Most of the time they have their heads in the phones (same thing as up their rears). No idea of what's going on around them, or all the people they disrespect by this action.

• Like 1

It drives me nuts when people enter the exit or exit the entrance at stores where is possible.  It's the only time I'm a real dick in public.  I refuse to move out of the way. 

Also, when people park their cart on one side of an isle and shop on the other. It's America. We drive on the right, shop and move through the isles on the right.  

Edited by mrflynn03
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

It drives me nuts when people enter the exit or exit the entrance at stores where is possible.  It's the only time I'm a real dick in public.  I refuse to move out of the way. 

Also, when people park their cart on one side of an isle and shop on the other. It's America. We drive on the right, shop and move through the isles on the right.  

Or like today a couple did a good job of getting their cart out of the way while they were looking, lady coming the other way parks her cart right next to theirs while she also starts looking?!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

On the scale of pet peeves I know this is way down the list but what drives me crazy is when people just barely push their cart into the return bin outside. I actually organize it when I see it because it drives me crazy when people just push it in the the general direction and expect the help to do everything. 

I've probably complained about this before. Oh well. 

I know, right! You've begrudgingly waddled your fat azz across 3 parking spots to "return" the cart, and just have to show your final level of contempt by getting it close'ish. You people ARE part of the problem. Sadly, it's so normal, I don't even notice anymore. That is the pathetic part. Which removes me from being part of the cure. ... here's a 22 catch it. (meaning its a catch 22).  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Pet peeve in a round about way…

My car told me that it was 43 degrees up here in NE Indiana. Guess that translates to “ get your shorts out.”

Which leads to my peeve that there will be a bunch of sick people around town next week 😡

Serious struggle bus crap right there ! :)

3 hours ago, DWB said:

Along the same lines pertaining to people in the aisles, I absolutely hate it when someone is leaving the grocery store, Walmart, wherever, and then stop right in the middle of the exit door with people behind them. Most of the time they have their heads in the phones (same thing as up their rears). No idea of what's going on around them, or all the people they disrespect by this action.

OMG airports ! ! ! walking at a 3 minute mile pace with 3 miles of people behind you and suddenly stop to remember that your gate is still 2 miles away... You just caused a 100 yard pile up because you are STOOPID with no self awareness ! 

• Like 1

On 2/2/2024 at 8:26 PM, Joe_Hoopsier said:

OMG airports ! ! ! walking at a 3 minute mile pace with 3 miles of people behind you and suddenly stop to remember that your gate is still 2 miles away... You just caused a 100 yard pile up because you are STOOPID with no self awareness ! 

At the Airport, how about Gate Lice

• Like 1

So I finally started using my Echo show again to play music. Months ago a song I hate came on and I tried everything I could to get Alexa to put it on a banned playlist!!!! Instead because I gave it so much attention it now seems to be one of my favorites!🤬Luckily I figured out how to tell Alexa to SKIP!! AI at its finest!

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

So I finally started using my Echo show again to play music. Months ago a song I hate came on and I tried everything I could to get Alexa to put it on a banned playlist!!!! Instead because I gave it so much attention it now seems to be one of my favorites!🤬Luckily I figured out how to tell Alexa to SKIP!! AI at its finest!

I'd drown Alexa in the sink if I had one over something like that. A bad song can keep you up all night. 

Edited by mrflynn03
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

Riding with people who have road rage. Just road rage period. How hard is it to let little stuff go? It's immature and ridiculous.  

A few years ago I let an otherwise homeless acquaintance stay in my spare bedroom. He was bipolar and when we were riding together he would get ALL road raged! Luckily I was the one driving!

• Haha 1

I own a couple small businesses and each have one restroom with one toilet. About once every three months someone will steal all the toilet paper. Two days ago I went into work early, made my coffee and did my daily. After I finished I went for the toilet paper only to find out there was none. Luckily my wife was there and answering her phone and she brought me some toilet paper.

Edited by SawatchHoosier
  • Haha 3

14 hours ago, Drroogh said:

People insisting on backing into a parking spot when they can’t!

IMG_0377.thumb.jpeg.3d4269ce4c4cce05218a7c528edccc14.jpeg

Wonder how he got out of the door?

Prolly got more scratches from the bushes than door dings he might have gotten if parked correctly.

16 hours ago, jv1972iu said:

I really don’t like hearing some individual singing the national anthem at sporting events.  Just get a military band to play it.  I don’t need someone’s musical interpretation.  It’s generally bad.

Except this one....

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1