Pet Peeves

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

It was unbelievable.  Never seen anything like it.  Everyone around was holding back laughter.  It wasn't as funny to me because the butt was in my face.  

I can't even imagine how I would react in that situation. You probably handled it better than I would have...I probably would have said "WTF" out loud.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, FritzIam4IU said:

I can't even imagine how I would react in that situation. You probably handled it better than I would have...I probably would have said "WTF" out loud.

I might have pinched his a$$ so hard he got a blood blister! Pretty sure he’d think twice about his privileged life after that!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Obsessive compulsive Project managers! 
I had an admin request a quote for one of my products. Stated the PM wants a breakdown of discounts on qty’s 1,2,3,5,7,8. 
I compiled the quote, qty 5-7, 5% disc and 8+ = 8% discount. 
admin came back, my PM is very particular and needs to know 1,2,3,5,7,8 exactly. Soooo I changed the quote,

1-0%
2-0%
3-0%
5-5%
7-5%
8-8%

azzhat ordered 4……. 

• Haha 5

2 minutes ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

Obsessive compulsive Project managers! 
I had an admin request a quote for one of my products. Stated the PM wants a breakdown of discounts on qty’s 1,2,3,5,7,8. 
I compiled the quote, qty 5-7, 5% disc and 8+ = 8% discount. 
admin came back, my PM is very particular and needs to know 1,2,3,5,7,8 exactly. Soooo I changed the quote,

1-0%
2-0%
3-0%
5-5%
7-5%
8-8%

azzhat ordered 4……. 

I assume he got the +1% discount.

• 4 weeks later...

Latest pet peeve:

Armchair coaches who have been beating the same dead horse for the entire season, knowing full well they can't change what Woody does.

It's just fine to voice your opinion on lineups, overhelping, use the last scholarship, sub patterns, (or insert your own suggestion) once or twice. But not every friggin post for 2 months....

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, DWB said:

Latest pet peeve:

Armchair coaches who have been beating the same dead horse for the entire season, knowing full well they can't change what Woody does.

It's just fine to voice your opinion on lineups, overhelping, use the last scholarship, sub patterns, (or insert your own suggestion) once or twice. But not every friggin post for 2 months....

There’s a reason I don’t frequent the basketball board.  A handful of posters ruin it. That’s also why i failed as a moderator many moons ago. Lol I couldn’t keep my opinion to myself regarding the aforementioned. 

• Like 3

Drivers that leave enough room for semi to park between them and the vehicle in front of them at a red traffic light and inevitably cause me to sit through another light cycle.  They make the light of course. 

Edited by Dr. Jones
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dr. Jones said:

Drivers that leave enough room for semi to park between them and the vehicle in front of them at a red traffic light and inevitably cause me to sit through another light cycle.  They make the light of course. 

Same for the distracted drivers that realize just before the light changes again that they should go? Again, they make the light of course.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

Same for the distracted drivers that realize just before the light changes again that they should go? Again, they make the light of course.

That's why I give the guy/gal in front me all of 1 second to go before I light them up with my horn

• Haha 1

So I’m all layered up in this subzero weather, sit down at the restaurant table and take my hat off. I feel my hearing aid fall out. I’m feeling all over take my coat off, remove the liner, check all of the pockets and hoods, nothing. The lady that keeps things clean happens by and I ask if there’s a way to remove the booth bench. Between her, the manager and myself we get it off and by now we’re making quite a scene! A pacifier, a wad of cash and other trash but no hearing aid??? I had a sweatshirt on for one more layer that I had already frisked a couple times but now I take it off. Boom there it is! Don’t I feel like a butt!

• Haha 4

On 1/16/2024 at 1:00 PM, Drroogh said:

So I’m all layered up in this subzero weather, sit down at the restaurant table and take my hat off. I feel my hearing aid fall out. I’m feeling all over take my coat off, remove the liner, check all of the pockets and hoods, nothing. The lady that keeps things clean happens by and I ask if there’s a way to remove the booth bench. Between her, the manager and myself we get it off and by now we’re making quite a scene! A pacifier, a wad of cash and other trash but no hearing aid??? I had a sweatshirt on for one more layer that I had already frisked a couple times but now I take it off. Boom there it is! Don’t I feel like a butt!

Tell us more about the wad of cash. You claim it as yours? Was there an infant attached to the pacifier? Were there any drugs? (other than your sweatshirt of course).   

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/28/2024 at 7:50 PM, Drroogh said:

So I’m about to watch a movie from the seventies. And the first thing I get to see is a warning!!!! “This film contains outdated cultural depictions that some viewers may find offensive?

Grow up people!!!!!!!!!!!

Gotta protect the snowflakes...

• Like 1

I’m sure this is buried in the 30-some odd pages but my rant for the morning is regarding common courtesies. Why are they so difficult to mutter for some?  A simple Please. Thank you. You’re welcome, goes a long way. I blame my awesome midwestern values for heightening these expectations.

Ugggh. Happy Friday!  :)

• Like 2