Pet Peeves

27 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

People that wait for unfilled prescriptions in the drive thru of the pharmacy AND the pharmacy for not telling them to come back.

I may or may not have been the 2nd car in line for the last 15 minutes.

That’s why I took to going inside, besides I like catching up on the local news!

58 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

It's called inflation clown, have your card out and ready. You know you will need it. 

Same thing for people paying cash. Have your wallet out and ready to go. Had some old lady (older than me) take 2 minutes to find a nickel (not exaggerating) rather than another dollar bill. I finally got a nickel from my pocket and threw it down to the cashier for her, and said "Here take this, I didn't bring a sleeping bag".

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DWB said:

Same thing for people paying cash. Have your wallet out and ready to go. Had some old lady (older than me) take 2 minutes to find a nickel (not exaggerating) rather than another dollar bill. I finally got a nickel from my pocket and threw it down to the cashier for her, and said "Here take this, I didn't bring a sleeping bag".

I'll occasionally run in to people who still write checks. When I was in high school/college from late 90s to mid 2000s. I had a debit card but a lot places still wanted cash or check.  If I knew I was buying something and was using a check I would fill in everything but the amount and sign before going in. 

Now they have check printers but I've had a few elderly people insist on writing it out. 

Edited by mrflynn03

18 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

On the check out theme of pet peeves. Anybody else noticed that with all of the cash back cards, businesses are charging card usage fees to the point you lose money??? Do they want us to go back to writing checks?

Cash is king. I make small purchases using dollar coins. I'm also a coin collector so I like the heft of money. 

I typically carry about $100 worth of cash and some coins. I carry enough I'm borderline willing to defend myself over. 

11 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

Cash is king. I make small purchases using dollar coins. I'm also a coin collector so I like the heft of money. 

I typically carry about $100 worth of cash and some coins. I carry enough I'm borderline willing to defend myself over. 

So you’re going to turn into the old guy that takes forever to find exact change?

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

So with all that change do you wear one of these?

image.jpeg.869cee00fa2ec92d3a9063ca900a117c.jpeg

Nope. I have one of these. But red with IU on it.  It was my dad's. He hated pennies and always paid cash. So he was the guy that would make change.  It's my obligation to carry on the tradition.  But as a coin collector I grab every wheat penny I find. 

61Qn6ZWzEtL._AC_UY1000_.thumb.jpg.1fd1e89473deee101cc66d61477be4c7.jpg

Edited by mrflynn03
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Drroogh said:

So with all that change do you wear one of these?

image.jpeg.869cee00fa2ec92d3a9063ca900a117c.jpeg

I was a master at using one of those when I was a teenager, working at a high volume gas station in NW Indiana. Cash was king. CCards were almost unheard of. Gas was 29.9¢ a gallon, so who in their right mind would charge it? Diesel was 16¢ a gallon for the big rigs.

Ahhhh.....the good ol' days.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Drroogh said:

On the check out theme of pet peeves. Anybody else noticed that with all of the cash back cards, businesses are charging card usage fees to the point you lose money??? Do they want us to go back to writing checks?

Not only is passing on a credit card processing fee to a customer so directly an absolutely moronic business decision, it actually violates their terms of service to do so! It’s not illegal or anything, but getting cancelled by, say, VISA would usually hurt. It’s a cost of doing business. Raise your prices 5% and lose the silly disclaimer on your menu!! 

• Like 2

On the grocery store theme:

- The employees wheeling around the big bins while shopping for pick up customers are extremely annoying. They don’t seem to care that they take up 2/3rds of the aisle and they stand there looking at their phones for the next item on their list. Picking produce is a real delight as well as time seems to mean nothing to them, being paid by the hour and all.

- God bless folks with disabilities who can get out and shop, but those motorized carts are obnoxious. The backup alarm is grating on the nerves. Diagonal parking across an aisle doesn’t work. And, if you are with someone who has a regular cart, you can’t be side by side discussing what to buy, what aisle a certain item is, if something is on sale, or if you have a coupon for it. All those conversations happened Friday between two folks who had no clue or didn’t care that they were blocking the entrance to the aisle.

Edited by Steubenhoosier
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

People on an airplane who get up to go to the bathroom 15 minutes into a flight. 

Can you not take a piss in the terminal before boarding?

Was on a flight this afternoon from San Fran to Houston and was unfortunate to be in an aisle seat towards the back of the plane.  You cant fathom the number of people that made a bee-line to the bathroom as soon as we reached altitude.

And, for the guy in the row across the aisle that got up to stretch midway through the flight and proceeded to bend over and put his ass in my face while touching his toes, all I can say is WTF?

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

On 12/8/2023 at 3:41 PM, 5fouls said:

People on an airplane who get up to go to the bathroom 15 minutes into a flight. 

Can you not take a piss in the terminal before boarding?

Was on a flight this afternoon from San Fran to Houston and was unfortunate to be in an aisle seat towards the back of the plane.  You cant fathom the number of people that made a bee-line to the bathroom as soon as we reached altitude.

And, for the guy in the row across the aisle that got up to stretch midway through the flight and proceeded to bend over and put his ass in my face while touching his toes, all I can say is WTF?

Tuesday night flight from Phoenix to Tucson. Delayed shutting the door so people could jocky seats like a freaking shell game/ chinesse fire drill..

SET THE EFF DOWN people, it's a 20 minute flight jebus !

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

Tuesday night flight from Phoenix to Tucson. Delayed shutting the door so people could jocky seats like a freaking shell game/ chinesse fire drill..

SET THE EFF DOWN people, it's a 20 minute flight jebus !

Heck between getting to the airport and leaving you probably could have saved time just driving. And you really haven’t experienced annoying air travel yet until you’ve flown with Russians!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Drroogh said:

Heck between getting to the airport and leaving you probably could have saved time just driving. And you really haven’t experienced annoying air travel yet until you’ve flown with Russians!

Actually I have ditched my connection in PHX before and just drove it. It's a pretty neat drive down.

I've not been to Russia but India and China. Since Russia is probably going to dissolve in the next 3-4 years I guess I will miss my chance. darn. :)

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

Actually I have ditched my connection in PHX before and just drove it. It's a pretty neat drive down.

I've not been to Russia but India and China. Since Russia is probably going to dissolve in the next 3-4 years I guess I will miss my chance. darn. :)

Flown to China and even domestic in China but not India. Russia was getting better but with all of the sanctions now probably not going there again! Good example, we touched down in Amsterdam on a KLM flight from St Petersburg. We were still on the main runway when people were unbuckling and starting to unload the overhead bins! They stopped the plane and in Dutch and English announced they could not move until everyone got back in their seats and buckled again. Apparently none of them understood Dutch or English (I know I don’t understand Dutch) finally one guy who did understand yelled out in Russian and everyone sat down again!

• Like 1