Pet Peeves

1 minute ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

Well, I thought the great break trough was the simplicity of being able to change/ refill it. But since removing all possible reasonable complexities of that activity didn't work, I think the only remedy is removing the seat just to prove a point. The enemy will concede dangit ! 

I'm now left to self celebrate, I have solved the over under conundrum. No body argues over left or right tail.

So your saying you now have your own personal toilet in the guest bath?

• Haha 1

With the holiday season approaching. Here's my pet peeve. It only takes about 3 responses to group texts for things to go sideways on plans. 

One person says we want Christmas Eve followed by Church. The other says well we can do that but we aren't Catholic so no go to 2 services...the other says I don't want anyone at our house on Christmas morning so kids can enjoy....the other says I can only do Christmas after 3pm on Saturday because couple is divorced...and finally my favorite...mix of Colts and 2 Packers fans family wide. They say everything needs to be done before games start. 

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

I've finally trained mine that it's not ok to leave chunks of toothpaste in the sink to allow to dry up.  Like, I haven't had chunks of toothpaste fall out of my mouth while brushing since I was 5.  How is that even possible?

I swear she just stands at attention and does the sprinkler.  How hard is it to lean forward?  🤷‍♂️

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

My wife does thing when she doesn't screw caps on all the way....and I think my daughter inherited it. This is not good when you want to shake the OJ. 

My whole life I had heard the expression,  there is more than one way to skin a cat. Then I got married and learned that there is only 1 way to do anything,  who knew

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

My whole life I had heard the expression,  there is more than one way to skin a cat. Then I got married and learned that there is only 1 way to do anything,  who knew

Yes, instead of correcting that flaw the obligation is now on me to check the cap before I shake the juice. Because everybody checks that caps are screwed on properly, right? haha. 

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

I know this sounds really silly, but I have looked for these before, finding nothing. I'm not making this up.

But now, my never satisfied, engineering mind wonders how I can incorporate this with my toilet paper roll replacement conundrum to solve 2 problems.

Google toothpaste squeezer.  Lots of options

• Like 1

My pet peeve is youth sports coaches that care more about being able to post about their wins on Facebook then actually teaching kids the game and doing what is right. 

Sorry, I'm a little bitter right now 🤣. Was coaching my 6th grade travel team today and we only had 6 guys. Then we had two of our best players foul out with 11 minutes left. 

Once it was down to 5 v 4, the opposing coach started pressing. Needless to say, I laid into that coach pretty good, and basically embarrassed her out of their press. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, BGleas said:

My pet peeve is youth sports coaches that care more about being able to post about their wins on Facebook then actually teaching kids the game and doing what is right. 

Sorry, I'm a little bitter right now 🤣. Was coaching my 6th grade travel team today and we only had 6 guys. Then we had two of our best players foul out with 11 minutes left. 

Once it was down to 5 v 4, the opposing coach started pressing. Needless to say, I laid into that coach pretty good, and basically embarrassed her out of their press. 

Never understood youth league coaches who wanted to embarrass kids on the opposing team. When working with kids, there should be a concern for ALL of the kids and not just the ones on your team. There is such a potential to teach all of the right things about sports other than winning, especially at the younger ages. So sad when that opportunity is missed.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, cthomas said:

Never understood youth league coaches who wanted to embarrass kids on the opposing team. When working with kids, there should be a concern for ALL of the kids and not just the ones on your team. There is such a potential to teach all of the right things about sports other than winning, especially at the younger ages. So sad when that opportunity is missed.

Great post, and completely agree!

3 hours ago, BGleas said:

My freshman year of high school basketball there was only 6 of us. We had a full schedule for a freshman season. After getting our ass kicked a few times and being down to 3-4 against 5 in almost every game. After a few games they canceled the freshman season and added us to the JV team. And I remember having a good JV season for myself and  the team. 

So I know know what it's like to do your absolute best and still get humiliated on the floor.