Pet Peeves

• 2 weeks later...

Lazy vending machine attendants.  It's one thing when your candy bar or bag of chips gets hung up.  But, at least you have a visual and can determine whether or not you want to try it again and get the daily double.  You're guaranteed to get one at that point, and may even get both.

But, it's quite another when your money goes into a soft drink machine and you don't get what you selected.  You can't try again because you can't see what's coming next

I don't drink anything with sugar in it.  So, I stock my desk at work with six pack bottles of Mountain Dew Zero Sugar.  Just so happens the other day, on the elevator up to the lunch room to eat, I realized I left my drink at my desk. I thought, no biggie, I'll just get a Diet Dew out of the vending machine.  I proceed to enter my money into the machine, push the button for Diet Dew, and I get a Dr. Pepper.  Not a Diet Dr. Pepper, mind you.  But, a regular Dr. Pepper.  

I'm thinking to myself. Okay vending machine guy.  Could you leave that last spot in the row empty if you run short?  Or, at the least, fill the last spot in a diet drink row with another diet drink?  I may not have been happy, but at least I would have drunk a Diet Pepsi, a Diet 7-Up, or a bottled water (I would not have drunk a Diet Dr. Pepper).  

In the end, I had to trudge back down to my desk to get my Mountain Dew Zero so I would have something to drink with my lunch.

Pet Peeve

• Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Pet Peeve. Went to upgrade to the IPhone 13 this morning at 10. It's still in the data transferring process. How in the world can technology be this behind where it takes 5-6 hours (so far) to transfer data from old IPhone to new. 

How'd you transfer it? Wireless?

I did my wife's (twice actually...long story) and both took under about an hour and 10 minutes...but I have really fast internet...

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

How'd you transfer it? Wireless?

I did my wife's (twice actually...long story) and both took under about an hour and 10 minutes...but I have really fast internet...

My wife did hers by herself and she lost some data and stuff.  I went into the store so however they do it there is how I'm doing it....haha. Tells you what I know about that stuff. 

Before Steve Jobs died he made a comment about horribly behind we are in technology. Always sticks with me on days like this. Upgrade your phone to 5G because your 3G is going away.....but we can't do the transfer. Makes sense. Headed back down in 30 for the 4th time today to pickup my phone....I hope. 

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

My wife did hers by herself and she lost some data and stuff.  I went into the store so however they do it there is how I'm doing it....haha. Tells you what I know about that stuff. 

Before Steve Jobs died he made a comment about horribly behind we are in technology. Always sticks with me on days like this. Upgrade your phone to 5G because your 3G is going away.....but we can't do the transfer. Makes sense. Headed back down in 30 for the 4th time today to pickup my phone....I hope. 

Good luck...

I got away from iPhones because I absolutely despise ITunes. My wife and youngest have them, but I got off the Apple bus at the 6. Good phones, and you know what you're getting. They do have a great ecosystem...

I had a Samsung Note 8 I liked, but by the time Samsung and AT&T got their updates ready, Android was already putting the next update out...

So I went to a Pixel 4XL which was my favorite phone ever. Had it 3 years, and loved the raw Android experience. Traded it the other day for a 6 Pro which I like so far too...took me about an hour to transfer from one to the other (both 256GB)...I don't think I lost anything...

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Haven’t went through and read, but pet peeves:

- Using your turn signal while driving

- GET OUT of the left lane if you are not passing anyone. Left lane is not for cruising, especially during traffic. 

- Saying thank you when you hold the door open for someone. 

- Men, hold the door open for you ladies. Car door, restaurant door, etc. 

This is one that irks me for some reason and is gonna get worse with the World Cup coming up.

Why do announcers from Great Britain use the wrong verb tense? 

Canada ARE in first place

Great Britain HAVE controlled the pace of play.

I listened to a Scottish announcer on the World Curling championships  and will listen to these guys on the soccer broadcasts, and every time they say this, it makes me cringe.

6 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Why do announcers from Great Britain use the wrong verb tense? 

Canada ARE in first place

Great Britain HAVE controlled the pace of play.

They're using the plural because they're referring to all members of the team collectively, rather than the team as a single entity.  One of those things that could go either way and has been adopted differently on different sides of the ocean.

51 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

They're using the plural because they're referring to all members of the team collectively, rather than the team as a single entity.  One of those things that could go either way and has been adopted differently on different sides of the ocean.

Yep, I understand why, still hate it.

Thanks for the explanation though

Edited by Steubenhoosier

My pet peeve is as we head to the month of May.....scheduling. Between Mini Marathon responsibilities, Derby, Mother's Day, about 3 dozen high school and college graduation parties, Indy 500 Carb and Race Day,etc....

So here's my pet peeve. Sorry good friend's wife. No I can't drive up to Chicago for his surprise birthday party....really wish I could. So do I piss off my good friend's wife for his 50th bday party? Or piss off about a dozen friends here in Indy area who I've watched their kids grow up since birth.

The kids graduation take priority here right?

3 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

My pet peeve is as we head to the month of May.....scheduling. Between Mini Marathon responsibilities, Derby, Mother's Day, about 3 dozen high school and college graduation parties, Indy 500 Carb and Race Day,etc....

So here's my pet peeve. Sorry good friend's wife. No I can't drive up to Chicago for his surprise birthday party....really wish I could. So do I piss off my good friend's wife for his 50th bday party? Or piss off about a dozen friends here in Indy area who I've watched their kids grow up since birth.

Women don't understand men's friendships. 

I would tell my friend happy birthday, what is up and go to graduation.  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

So do I piss off my good friend's wife for his 50th bday party? Or piss off about a dozen friends here in Indy area who I've watched their kids grow up since birth.

Find out where the friend's surprise party is, send a stripper, and go to the graduation events.

If the wife gets upset, just tell her to calm down

That always works.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

You want me to go in your place?  :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, TheWatShot said:

Here's a new one: getting food stuck between two teeth while at work and having to wait hours before I can go home and floss it out. 

Two in the pocket at ALL time!! Old man life hack! EDIT... The non floss end doubles as a nice ear scratcher !

4.jpg

Edited by Joe_Hoopsier
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, TheWatShot said:

Here's a new one: getting food stuck between two teeth while at work and having to wait hours before I can go home and floss it out. 

1 hour ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

Two in the pocket at ALL time!! Old man life hack! EDIT... The non floss end doubles as a nice ear scratcher !

4.jpg

Plastic straws do a nice job in a pinch 😉

• Like 1