Pet Peeves

So I like to park in spaces far away from other cars. Stems from getting dinged a few years ago at Kroger here in town. Person left and we couldn't make out the license plate on security.

Anyway my pet peeve is if there are 8-10 open spaces around me why would someone park right next to me? It's ok to give a little space!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

So I like to park in spaces far away from other cars. Stems from getting dinged a few years ago at Kroger here in town. Person left and we couldn't make out the license plate on security.

Anyway my pet peeve is if there are 8-10 open spaces around me why would someone park right next to me? It's ok to give a little space!

Just to be a prick. My college roommate did that to people that he deemed trying to be cool ... So dumb. He thought it was funny until he got a brand new Camaro and did the same and a target cart smashed right into his driver side door

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I'm convinced that Kroger (at least by me) designs their parking lots to be small to give the perception of being packed all the time. Getting in and out without trouble is a victory. 

You aren't the only one, I've thought they seem smaller than others too. 

I've had 2 trucks and 2 cars get hit in parking lots. All with 90 degree spaces. Not 1 person left a note. Twice happened when I left open spaces around me. Smh.

Edited by mrflynn03
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Absolutely annoys the shet out of me.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, IUFLA said:

I took this pic a couple of years ago in the parking lot of the New Caney Kroger...We20181104_151330.thumb.jpg.66bdc2037d86761f0ecacaa1164574f4.jpg

That's a handicap spot too...I laughed when I saw it...

You see some strange things in Texas...

I hate this. We have a**holes in NYC that park on the sidewalks all the time. You have to squeeze to get past them, and I’ve seen people pushing strollers out in to the street to get around them b/c the sidewalks are blocked. You can’t report them or have them moved, b/c they belong to NYPD who have driven in from Long Island. 

• Like 2

On 1/28/2022 at 9:15 AM, JW75 said:

Another pet peeve:  When at an ATM machine and the car behind you just has to pull right up on your bumper during your transaction and plenty of space for them to stay back.  Hope it's nobody on here but I do take my sweet time organizing my wallet and whatever else I feel like doing to make them wait.

I'm the guy behind you standing on the brake and revving my engine.:coffee:

On 1/28/2022 at 1:50 PM, IUFLA said:

I took this pic a couple of years ago in the parking lot of the New Caney Kroger...20181104_151330.thumb.jpg.66bdc2037d86761f0ecacaa1164574f4.jpg

That's a handicap spot too...I laughed when I saw it...

You see some strange things in Texas...

Pretty apparent someone is still learning to drive.  Did you leave a calling card under their wipers?

parking-ticket-turtle-coloring-line-3.thumb.png.f3945e575d79481baa5e9fcda7bd921b.png

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, DWB said:

Idiots on their phone, talking or texting, and hanging out in the left lane doing 10-15 mph less than the speed limit, or worse yet the exact same speed as the guy in the right lane. Totally oblivious.

My wife rode in the school minivan with a group of teachers for a conference in Nashville.  The teacher that wound up checking the van out and being the responsible driver drove in the fast lane, 5 mph under the speed limit the entire way from Kokomo to Nashville and back.  My wife said people were blowing by them honking and pissed off.  Huge streams of traffic behind them.  She said she couldn't relax because it made the situation dangerous with so many angry people passing on the right hand side and squeezing in every chance they got.   

On 1/28/2022 at 9:15 AM, JW75 said:

Another pet peeve:  When at an ATM machine and the car behind you just has to pull right up on your bumper during your transaction and plenty of space for them to stay back.  Hope it's nobody on here but I do take my sweet time organizing my wallet and whatever else I feel like doing to make them wait.

Pet peeve of mine, when people call it an "ATM machine" 🤣

You're basically calling it an Automated Teller Machine machine. 

38 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

Viruses.  All of them. Had 100.0 fever last Sunday. Negative test. Felt better after a couple days. 

Just now 100.5 and feel crappier than last Sunday. Everyone around me is sick or has been in the last week. I feel like bhudda is sitting on my head. 

That sucks man. Covid finally caught me and the family about 2 weeks ago.  Wouldn't be surprised if thats what this one is.  Headache and fever.  Everyone at the firehouse but one person has gotten it, 90% of my family in Southern Indiana, and New York have gotten it since new years eve.

I remember telling on here about 2 months ago about reading an article from south Africa about omnicron.  The SA commenters were saying everyone they knew got it within 6 weeks.  Well here we are.  No more laughing my vast internet sources.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

That sucks man. Covid finally caught me and the family about 2 weeks ago.  Wouldn't be surprised if thats what this one is.  Headache and fever.  Everyone at the firehouse but one person has gotten it, 90% of my family in Southern Indiana, and New York have gotten it since new years eve.

I remember telling on here about 2 months ago about reading an article from south Africa about omnicron.  The SA commenters were saying everyone they knew got it within 6 weeks.  Well here we are.  No more laughing my vast internet sources.

Massive headache.  Got to work this morning and had to lay down for awhile. 

I have all the vitamin alphabet, even have pharma grade vit D right now. 

And my wife is making me some hippy dippy immune tea. 

Everyone I've been around has been sick with something the last couple weeks 

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

Massive headache.  Got to work this morning and had to lay down for awhile. 

I have all the vitamin alphabet, even have pharma grade vit D right now. 

And my wife is making me some hippy dippy immune tea. 

Everyone I've been around has been sick with something the last couple weeks 

Yep.  Ours started with a mean headache.  I said screw it, as I get miserable with fever, and just stayed on extra strength aleve for 36 hours.  The first night sucked though as I was behind the 8 ball and the fever took off, then I took the meds too late and threw them up.  But the next day I was back to piddling around the house and trying to finish my backsplash.

• Like 1