Pet Peeves

10 hours ago, BGleas said:

Pet peeve of mine, when people call it an "ATM machine" 🤣

You're basically calling it an Automated Teller Machine machine. 

Man............... had to read and reread and the read again to see what he heck you were "pet peeve n" me about.... finally figured it out. Yes, that's all on me and won't happen again. ATMM 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

Viruses.  All of them. Had 100.0 fever last Sunday. Negative test. Felt better after a couple days. 

Just now 100.5 and feel crappier than last Sunday. Everyone around me is sick or has been in the last week. I feel like bhudda is sitting on my head. 

I’m definitely hearing that right now. 

Monday - daughter tested positive
Tuesday - Wife has symptoms, tests negative with rapid, test negative with PCR
Thursday - I have exact same symptoms as wife and test negative on at home rapid. Think I just have heat she has, but still get a PCR to be safe. 
Saturday morning - my PCR comes back positive. Hmmm? My wife takes my son to get test because school wanted him to as he’s a close exposure. My wife figures that she might as well get another.
Sunday - My wife’s PCR comes back positive this time. My son is still negative.

Overall, my daughter just had a fever on day 1 and a mild runny nose the rest of the week. That was it. My wife had cold like symptoms and feels better today.

Me? Hell, I’m getting crushed. I only have a sore throat but it is the worst sore throat I’ve had in my life. It feels like I’m swallowing razors and can’t sleep because I keep choking on my spit. I’m waiting to call the doctor (7 more minutes until they open) because I noticed white spots in my throat and think I may have strep. If true, I guess we call this Streprona and I want to get those antibiotics into me ASAP. 

• Sad 4

3 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

Thursday - I have exact same symptoms as wife and test negative on at home rapid. Think I just have heat she has, but still get a PCR to be safe. 
Saturday morning - my PCR comes back positive. Hmmm? My wife takes my son to get test because school wanted him to as he’s a close exposure. My wife figures that she might as well get another.

Overall, my daughter just had a fever on day 1 and a mild runny nose the rest of the week. That was it. My wife had cold like symptoms and feels better today.

Me? Hell, I’m getting crushed. I only have a sore throat but it is the worst sore throat I’ve had in my life. It feels like I’m swallowing razors and can’t sleep because I keep choking on my spit. I’m waiting to call the doctor (7 more minutes until they open) because I noticed white spots in my throat and think I may have strep. If true, I guess we call this Streprona and I want to get those antibiotics into me ASAP. 

Hang in there, bro...the sore throat was bad, but for me, the body aches and nausea were the worst...hope you're feeling better soon...

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

Massive headache.  Got to work this morning and had to lay down for awhile. 

I have all the vitamin alphabet, even have pharma grade vit D right now. 

And my wife is making me some hippy dippy immune tea. 

Everyone I've been around has been sick with something the last couple weeks 

Hope you feel better soon...it truly does suck...

On 1/29/2022 at 5:01 PM, FKIM01 said:

Pretty apparent someone is still learning to drive.  Did you leave a calling card under their wipers?

parking-ticket-turtle-coloring-line-3.thumb.png.f3945e575d79481baa5e9fcda7bd921b.png

I worked with a guy that we all hated but he got a stack of business cards of his biggest competition from a rival business. Thise 2 really hated each other. If he accidentally or purposed dinged a card in a parking lot he would leave a note with the other guys business card. What a dirt bag

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, tdhoosier said:

Oh man.  Thats a rough run.  Hope something works for you.  About 5 weeks ago the boys had ear and eye infections and I had basically ulcers in the back of my throat but it never escalated like yours.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

Hope you feel better soon...it truly does suck...

I got dragged out of bed to go test. Fever is down but peaked at 102.7. 

As you said above though the worst is the aces and nausea.  I couldn't even keep water down and am still just able to take little sips. 

I haven't been able to sleep because my body aces so bad I can feel it in my teeth. 

• Sad 3

1 minute ago, mrflynn03 said:

I got dragged out of bed to go test. Fever is down but peaked at 102.7. 

As you said above though the worst is the aces and nausea.  I couldn't even keep water down and am still just able to take little sips. 

I haven't been able to sleep because my body aces so bad I can feel it in my teeth. 

Hopefully you feel better soon.  Those chills and aches hit in the middle of the night.  Aleve or Tylenol was my go to or Tylenol alternating ibuprofen.  Feel better soon buddy

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, tdhoosier said:

I had strep a few years ago, in the summer no less. Had to miss over a week of work, had a fever of 103 and was absolutely miserable. I also had trouble sleeping because it felt like I was getting stabbed in the throat every time I swallowed. 

34 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

I had strep a few years ago, in the summer no less. Had to miss over a week of work, had a fever of 103 and was absolutely miserable. I also had trouble sleeping because it felt like I was getting stabbed in the throat every time I swallowed. 

That is definitely how it feels. I’ve resulted to just spitting in a bottle because i don’t want to deal with swallowing it and it’s grossing everybody out. Haha. Unfortunately the strep test came back negative - I just need to wait it out. 

Hang in there @mrflynn03. The lack of sleep is almost the worst part. 

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

Didn't mean to derail the thread. The body aches is nothing I ever experienced before. Covid or not just awful. Just was sharing my experience with whatever this is. 

@tdhoosier the lack of sleep sucks as well. Man, I like sleep. 

They took the "Coronavirus" thread, so what are we supposed to do...

Plus, there's a correlation...One of my Pet Peeves, Texans driving,  is almost as painful as covid 😁

Get well soon, brother...

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

They took the "Coronavirus" thread, so what are we supposed to do...

Plus, there's a correlation...One of my Pet Peeves, Texans driving,  is almost as painful as covid 😁

Get well soon, brother...

Really anyone driving. When did people for get about right of way?  I swear people drive so bad now everyone should take a driving test when renewing their license. 

Nothing pisses me off more than when people drive without headlights in low visibility conditions.  

5 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

Really anyone driving. When did people for get about right of way?  I swear people drive so bad now everyone should take a driving test when renewing their license. 

Nothing pisses me off more than when people drive without headlights in low visibility conditions.  

Here, it's SOP to charge across 3 lanes to get off on an exit...no kidding...see it numerous times every time I get on I69...

Really driving or any drivers is my new pet peeve. I’ve come to hate drivers and their behavior so much these days. Why do people become such jerks as soon as they get behind the wheel. Even when I try not to, I get short tempered in traffic. 

Also, sorry about everyone’s COVID cases lately. Sounds freaking miserable. 

• Like 1