foodies thread, and other food lists!

1 minute ago, IUFLA said:

No kidding...

I was coaching a little league team in Franklin (8-9 year olds) and they had a parade that went down through Edinburgh... Me and the team were riding on a big flatbed truck and one of the kids yelled to a  30 something guy, "Hi mister!"

The guy gave him the finger... 

If it was an Edinburgh kid, he’d have launched a big stream of Skoal juice back at him. :coffee: 

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wasn't sure where to throw this in but will put in here. We usually don't eat fast food out much...but I drive by Culver's daily so thought why not. 

Dude...where I have been. Ordered a few sandwiches to sample. North Atlantic Cod, Bacon Deluxe, Chicken something....really, really good for semi fast food.

• Like 1

not sure where to post this... we'd go to Red Lobster a lot when I was a kid... 

I probably haven't been to one for awhile.. but with how poor the portions are at other places/combined with the price, I am sure the product has deteriorated and price gone up. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

42 minutes ago, btownqb said:

not sure where to post this... we'd go to Red Lobster a lot when I was a kid... 

I probably haven't been to one for awhile.. but with how poor the portions are at other places/combined with the price, I am sure the product has deteriorated and price gone up. 

I haven't been to a Red Lobster in years but you would think they would have learned from their first all you can eat deal back in early 2000's. Fast forward 20 years they came up with the all you can eat shrimp deal in a rising cost across the board economy and world. No shock they lost even more. 

5 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I haven't been to a Red Lobster in years but you would think they would have learned from their first all you can eat deal back in early 2000's. Fast forward 20 years they came up with the all you can eat shrimp deal in a rising cost across the board economy and world. No shock they lost even more. 

I'm just not sure it's possible to have a "cheap" seafood chain, you know? Transportating that food from ocean to Red Lobsters around Indy has to have a pretty penny. 

I saw the all-you-can-eat killed them. 

Ever been to a Juicys? It's pretty good. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I'm just not sure it's possible to have a "cheap" seafood chain, you know? Transportating that food from ocean to Red Lobsters around Indy has to have a pretty penny. 

I saw the all-you-can-eat killed them. 

Ever been to a Juicys? It's pretty good. 

I haven't.

I think there's one over in Castleton but honestly when it comes to seafood there are plenty of places in the area that are comparable price wise that fly the stuff in daily....or just go to like Joe's or Kona Jack's or Market District and pick it up fresh and make it yourself. 

And I'm not some food snob either. I think most places are pretty good but when it comes to fish if it's in the ballpark on price I'll go fresh every time.

Edited by Seeking6

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

I haven't.

I think there's one over in Castleton but honestly when it comes to seafood there are plenty of places in the area that are comparable price wise that fly the stuff in daily....or just go to like Joe's or Kona Jack's or Market District and pick it up fresh and make it yourself. 

Juicy's in Beech Grove is where we've gone 3-4 times the past two years. It's pretty good, good portions, little variety, good quality. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Juicy's in Beech Grove is where we've gone 3-4 times the past two years. It's pretty good, good portions, little variety, good quality. 

You guys try Caplinger's? My buddy stopped by there on way back from Bloomington last week and picked up a bunch of fresh stuff. It was phenomenal. He didn't share the prices but the quality was great. 

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

You guys try Caplinger's? My buddy stopped by there on way back from Bloomington last week and picked up a bunch of fresh stuff. It was phenomenal. He didn't share the prices but the quality was great. 

I've not been. I googled it, there is one on the southside that we can try. 

Red Lobster was fancy in my teen years. That was probably where I first had crab legs, and even the first place I ever had mozzarrella sticks. Lightly breaded, with generous parmesan on top, they were a revelation. Can't imagine the quality has kept up over the years.

The only thing that has me wanting to go back is the crab legs. Lots of places for seafood, but not many I know of where that particular dish. Juicy sounds worth checking out, maybe I'll get my fix.

The biscuits are fantastic, of course, but you can buy a box and make those at home. 

On 5/16/2024 at 11:55 AM, Maedhros said:

The biscuits are fantastic, of course, but you can buy a box and make those at home. 

Those boxes are pretty darn close to spot on too. We have them on occasion. 

If anyone likes the sausage patties at McDs I came across a bag of them at Walmart (their brand) that taste darn near exactly the same. I would even say that these patties taste closer to McDs then the biscuit boxes to Red Lobster do.  I use them for sausage egg and cheese sandwiches or toss a few on a skillet to munch on by themselves. So very tasty. 

IMG_3338.jpeg

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Naturalhoosier said:

Those boxes are pretty darn close to spot on too. We have them on occasion. 

If anyone likes the sausage patties at McDs I came across a bag of them at Walmart (their brand) that taste darn near exactly the same. I would even say that these patties taste closer to McDs then the biscuit boxes to Red Lobster do.  I use them for sausage egg and cheese sandwiches or toss a few on a skillet to munch on by themselves. So very tasty. 

IMG_3338.jpeg

12 Canned Biscuits ranked!

I like Southern Buttermilk biscuits but they tend to crumble in a sandwich, so the flaky biscuit winner is a winner!😋

• 2 weeks later...

For the local folks. https://www.goharvestmarket.com/stores/carmel-in-46032/ just opened up a couple of weeks ago. With the exception of maybe Market District absolutely blown away by the food/store/concept.

So much to list from fresh produce from local farmers to meats/seafood....even the 2-3 kitchens they have setup. Additionally they have a bar on one end of store where  you can grab a beer or whatever while they prepare your steak, chops, chicken, crab or whatever you want.

Give it a go!