The 2019-20 College Basketball Season (non-IU)

5fouls

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, IUFLA said:

I think this will be Roy Williams last year at UNC. He looks tired and defeated, and I think he knows he's not doing the program any favors by staying...

They usually hire someone with program ties, so who do you think will be the successor, be it next year or in the future?

Wes Miller a former player who is doing well at UNC Greensboro I believe.

3 hours ago, bluegrassIU said:

I can remeber the B10 having  more dominant teams than we do this year. But I have never seen it this deep. I have never seen any conference this deep in any year. 

To say it is a grind or gauntlet does not even beging to describe it. Every single game seems like a  cion flip in conference play for every team.

Would not be shocked at all to see Purdue beat MSU today.

It has to do with the top teams coming down some and the bottom teams getting better.

4 minutes ago, rico said:

That Williams kid is a fine player for the Boilers.  If they can get Eastern and Wheeler going, Purdue is going to be a force.

PS...Welcome to bench duty Haarms.

Do you see what De'Ron could have been if not for the injuries in Trevion Williams like I do?

3 hours ago, bluegrassIU said:

I can remeber the B10 having  more dominant teams than we do this year. But I have never seen it this deep. I have never seen any conference this deep in any year. 

To say it is a grind or gauntlet does not even beging to describe it. Every single game seems like a  cion flip in conference play for every team.

Would not be shocked at all to see Purdue beat MSU today.

I wouldn't call it dominant.  I see parity...and lots of teams playing inconsistent basketball.

I'll echo whoever brought it up yesterday. If Michigan loses at Minnesota today....any chance they fall out of top 25 and we move in? They have the one win vs Gonzaga but Carolina isn't technically a quality win anymore. Close home loss to Oregon. What else on their resume is better?

22 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

It has to do with the top teams coming down some and the bottom teams getting better.

Yep.  If you were to rank teams from 1 to 10 on how good they are, it's like the spread is 4 to 7.  It seems every team can play a good game, but none can do it consistently.  If anyone can catch fire and go on a run while grabbing some road W's they could walk away with the regular season title.  The BTT could be a real crapshoot.

Most of the various fanbases will probably need straightjackets come March.

Archived