The 2019-20 College Basketball Season (non-IU)

5fouls

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, FW_Hoosier said:

I was talking about this with my dad who’s an Illini fan the other day.  He’s pretty stoked on them right now, and I think rightfully so.  I think they could easily go something like 9-5 over the rest of the season to get to 21-10 (13-7 in conference).  Sweep Northwestern, split away games at Purdue and Michigan, beat Minnesota at home, split with Iowa, split home games against Maryland and MSU, split road games at PSU and Rutgers, beat IU and Nebraska at home, lose at OSU.  That would probably put them in the top 5 in the conference and safely in the tournament.

Growing up there I have plenty of Illini friends. One thing they all know and realize is this. Never look ahead in Illini world. Injuries, another suspension.....locker room turmoil between two of the guys and so on. Credit to Underwood.....but my buddies still don't like BU and are cautiously optimistic on schedule from here on out. 

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

Growing up there I have plenty of Illini friends. One thing they all know and realize is this. Never look ahead in Illini world. Injuries, another suspension.....locker room turmoil between two of the guys and so on. Credit to Underwood.....but my buddies still don't like BU and are cautiously optimistic on schedule from here on out. 

I don't like Underwood.  And I am not an Illini fan.  LOL 

1 minute ago, milehiiu said:

I don't like Underwood.  And I am not an Illini fan.  LOL 

Grandparents on one side both went undergrad there. Dozen or so friends who went there or are fans. I despise any and all things Illini except for Lovie Smith...but I don't really view them as a rival. More like an annoying gnat.

1 minute ago, Hoosierfan1215 said:

Didn’t realize Nojel “future NBA all star” Eastern was shooting a blistering 29.4 percent from the line. That’s impressively bad.. 

Romeo had an excuse. Which he did not use. Injured wrist.  So what's Eastern's excuse ?

1 minute ago, milehiiu said:

It all goes back to Eric Gordon.  Before then, I was neutral on UI. 

My anti Illini position goes back to mid 80's. Henson, the cash they were throwing around, Nick Anderson, Bubbles, and a few other things. Pretty much hated the team and their fans for my entire life. Sad part is I get more scoop about them because a couple of my buddies are dialed in over there. 

Archived