Gannon vs IU post game

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heard Fisch call about 5 minutes of first half, and saw the last 15 minutes on BTN+

My observations:

• Franklin is going to play some minutes
  • Hunter has a ways to go before he is ready to contribute
  • If we;re healthy, I can't see Damezi getting much time
  • Justin will play the 3 at times, at least in the non-conference
  • Phinisee is not going to play 30 minutes a game as most people seem to think.

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

Hear Fisch call about 5 minutes of first half, and saw the last 15 minutes on BTN+

My observations:

• Hunter as a ways to go before he is ready to contribute

I think once RP is fully healthy you will se him play a lot of minutes.  Best stat of the day for me was Smith was 8 for 9 from the line.

3 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Hear Fisch call about 5 minutes of first half, and saw the last 15 minutes on BTN+

My observations:

• Hunter as a ways to go before he is ready to contribute

First exhibition game so I'm not real interested in a back and forth but who said 30 minutes for RP? Even 1st round picks rarely get that much let alone guys returning from concussion problems and maybe or maybe not an abdominal problem . Franklin was always going to play. Hunter has to get used to action again. 

4 minutes ago, hoosier_exotics said:

Dont torch me but..... Franklin > Al...  and I like Al a lot.  Armaan looks to be this years Rob... 

Also I think every returning player looks much improved

Franklin played great, especially playing heavy minutes out of position in his first college game. Sounds like he was comfortable out there.

From the Overreacting to first Exhibition Game category:

2019: Franklin: 34 mins, 12 pts, 5-10, 1-3 from 3, 8 rebs, 4 TOs, 3 Stls

2018: Romeo: 31 mins, 13 pts, 4-12, 0-2 from 3, 5 rebs, 5 TOs, 4 Stls

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

First exhibition game so I'm not real interested in a back and forth but who said 30 minutes for RP? Even 1st round picks rarely get that much let alone guys returning from concussion problems and maybe or maybe not an abdominal problem . Franklin was always going to play. Hunter has to get used to action again. 

I don't know specifically who said it, but in some of the summer threads where people speculated on lineups, people were acting like Rob had to play 35 minutes.,  And, the general consensus among fans before the secret scrimmage was that Armaan was not a rotational player.

1 minute ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Franklin played great, especially playing heavy minutes out of position in his first college game. Sounds like he was comfortable out there.

From the Overreacting to first Exhibition Game category:

2019: Franklin: 34 mins, 12 pts, 5-10, 1-3 from 3, 8 rebs, 4 TOs, 3 Stls

2018: Romeo: 31 mins, 13 pts, 4-12, 0-2 from 3, 5 rebs, 5 TOs, 4 Stls

Impressive. Look at you, coming with the stats !

9 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I tend to agree. He will be 3rd on the depth chart at both the 2 and 3 spots. He was our best 3 pt shooter tonight going 2-4.  Also added 3 boards, 4 assists (tied for team lead) and a block and a steal. He was productive out there but just think if everyone is healthy, he will be the odd man out. 

Archived