Indiana vs Arkansas Pre-Game Thread

milehiiu

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/24/2019 at 9:28 AM, ThePaulieWalnuts said:

Arkansas normally rolls out a starting five with no one over 6’6”.  Their backcourt has three players that average 14ppg or better.  One of those players, Jimmy Whitt, hasn’t attempted one three pointer all year.

Arkansas’ best wins were at Georgia Tech by 1 in OT, at home vs Tulsa by 19 and at home vs Valpo by 4.

Arkansas only loss was at Western Kentucky, losing in OT 86-79.

According to different sites and looking at statistics, so far this season, Arkansas has one of the better defenses in the country, but of course, they haven’t really played anyone of note either.

I think if we start by pounding it inside, get some fouls on them, and can hit 30% from 3 when they pack it in to stop our bigs, we win easily. With their scoring coming mainly from their guards, we have to defend the perimeter well (which I think we'll do), and our decisive advantage inside should allow us to win the board battle.

And that's been our recipe for success so far

Stay with it.

It will be interesting to see how Archie plays this one. I don't think it's what I would do, but I imagine we start big. It will be interesting to see how long he sticks with it. At some point that will give up a run. I'd love to see a lineup with Hunter at the 4. See if we can get some spacing, or maybe get Hunter going over a smaller man. I'm still holding on to hope that he can be a scorer. Seems like now is the time if it's going to happen this year.

1 hour ago, IUCrazy2 said:

I would not be surprised if Ohio St. is favored over us in Bloomington.

If they are, won’t be more than 2 or 3...and that’s the number 2 team in the nation.

bottom line, IU needs 8 conference wins at the minimum to get to 20 wins and the tourney. (Assuming they beat Arkansas)

Which is a much better position than teams like Purdue, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Illinois, etc

Purdue (assuming they win today) will need 12 conference wins to get to 20....that’s a daunting task 

4 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:
Image result for pictures of ice fishing huts

Don't know about Rico but it is supposed to be 60 in Southwest Michigan tommorow. If the ice is off the water I am getting the boat out to go perch fishing. Two years ago under similar weather conditions we went and caught 46 large perch. In my opinion bluegill is the best eating with fresh caught perch right behind.

55 minutes ago, BEKA said:

Razorbacks just landed in Bloomington. If I had planned my day better, I would have found a spot along their route from the airport to their hotel and stared menacingly at their bus, thus assuring victory tomorrow. 

Or jump up and down on the back bumper saying derogatory things about their mothers 

On 12/27/2019 at 4:29 PM, zerawkid said:

Alright, guys...my wife, son, and I just flew into Ohio from Florida today. I’m excited to say that my mother and I are going to be going over to see our cream and crimson in action in Sunday!!! I haven’t been to AH in years. My grandfather, an IU grad from the forties, and my link to IU basketball, passed away about four years ago and we plan on spreading some of his ashes on campus. 

Anyhow, thank for indulging my personal excitement...just really looking forward to being in Bloomington again.

By the way: where should we have pre-game nosh?

I will say that trying to find parking downtown is an absolute nightmare 24/7 365. I am in town now and gave up trying to go downtown and am going to BJ's brewhouse by college mall. Been there before and it is pretty good. Eclectic menu. Alot of good places to eat in Bloomington, parking sucks everywhere.  

P.S.  Parking and traffic im Bloomington sucks.  Rent a mini cooper. 

1 hour ago, mrflynn03 said:

I will say that trying to find parking downtown is an absolute nightmare 24/7 365. I am in town now and gave up trying to go downtown and am going to BJ's brewhouse by college mall. Been there before and it is pretty good. Eclectic menu. Alot of good places to rat in Bloomington, parking sucks everywhere.  

P.S.  Parking and traffic im Bloomington sucks.  Rent a mini cooper. 

LMFAO!! Yeah parking does suck!!

6 hours ago, BEKA said:

Razorbacks just landed in Bloomington. If I had planned my day better, I would have found a spot along their route from the airport to their hotel and stared menacingly at their bus, thus assuring victory tomorrow. 

Find out what motel they are in and at  3 in the morning pull the fire alarm and wake them up

12 minutes ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

Everything you need for today's game here, plus an interesting background story on Arkansas' Eric Musselman as it relates to Indiana.

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/iu-basketball-hoosiers-look-to-close-out-perfect-nonconference-slate-against-arkansas/

Based on the things you posted about Arkansas, we should win this game.  The only strength they have that would concern me is forcing turnovers.  They defend the 3 well?  Good, I don't think we should be shooting many 3's anyway.  They are not a good 3 point shooting team?  Good, that should make the packline more effective.  They are not a good rebounding team?  Great, that should help us with second chances and keep them off the boards for second chances.

I would like to see Phinisee, Green, Durham, Smith, and Jackson-Davis start.  I doubt we see that but I think that would be a good line up to run at them.

12 minutes ago, Reacher said:

Game time getting close. What for dinner?

Ribs? Pork sausage? Pork tenderloin? Carnitas? Pork chops? Ham? BBQ pulled pork?

I've been working on a bolognese sauce all afternoon. The recipe requires about 2.5 hours of simmer time. Will serve over some type of pasta and because I've been liberal with another type of "sauce" while watching basketball all afternoon, I may not make it past halftime. 🍸🥃

7 hours ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

Everything you need for today's game here, plus an interesting background story on Arkansas' Eric Musselman as it relates to Indiana.

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/iu-basketball-hoosiers-look-to-close-out-perfect-nonconference-slate-against-arkansas/

Deep family ties with Musselman's and IU. I always thought this would be the game Knight would attend. 

30 minutes ago, Reacher said:

Game time getting close. What for dinner?

Ribs? Pork sausage? Pork tenderloin? Carnitas? Pork chops? Ham? BBQ pulled pork?

I picked up a few Amazon packages and mail from neighbor's place who just got back from their Carolina place. They brought me 5 lbs of fresh shrimp that was in the Atlantic on Friday afternoon. Scrambling for easy shrimp recipes as I type. I ran to Kroger to get Old Bay and some cocktail sauces....otherwise flying blind. 

5 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I picked up a few Amazon packages and mail from neighbor's place who just got back from their Carolina place. They brought me 5 lbs of fresh shrimp that was in the Atlantic on Friday afternoon. Scrambling for easy shrimp recipes as I type. I ran to Kroger to get Old Bay and some cocktail sauces....otherwise flying blind. 

You can't hardly beat shrimp scampi.

https://www.food.com/recipe/15-minute-shrimp-scampi-31184

Archived