2020 MLB Discussion

5fouls

Reds blew a golden opportunity today because they had runners all day long but couldn't get a key hit.  Bauer only gave up 4 hits but 2 were solo homers but should be good enough for a win.  Watched the Cubs broadcast because I am not a fan of the Reds TV guys and said this year the batting average for the league is the lowest since 1968.  Also the bottom 5 batting averages for the NL are all teams from the central.

Nothing shows how much scoring is dependent on homeruns is just look at the Cubs the first 2 games of that series.  They have 8 runs this series and 7 of them scored on homeruns and the other was on a ground out.  So you just don't see scoring on hits other than homeruns it seems.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well Reds pitcher gets warned for throwing inside to Rizzo which was not on purpose.  The Cubs had two people get ejected after arguing.  The next inning the Cubs threw high and inside but umps did nothing causing an argument between Bell and the ump. Rizzo had to start mouthing off and caused the benches to clear.  For some reason only two Reds got ejected in Winker and Votto.  It seems to me the umps like the Cubs a lot because they get away with a lot.

20 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Well Reds pitcher gets earned for throwing inside to Rizzo which was not on purpose.  The Cubs had two people get ejected after arguing.  The next inning the Cubs threw high and inside but umps did nothing causing an argument between Bell and the ump. Rizzo had to start mouthing off and caused the benches to clear.  For some reason only two Ted's got ejected in Winker and Votto.  It seems to me the umps like the Cubs a lot because they get away with a lot.

Gotta get out my decoder ring for this one!

6 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Even the Cubs announcers said that Winker and Votto getting ejected was a bad call.  Those two has only accounted for 2 homeruns and 3 RBI tonight.  What was bad was that it was Rizzo is the one that escalated the problem when he kept running his mouth at bell for talking to the umps.

6 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Even the Cubs announcers said that Winker and Votto getting ejected was a bad call.  Those two has only accounted for 2 homeruns and 3 RBI tonight.  What was bad was that it was Rizzo is the one that escalated the problem when he kept running his mouth at bell for talking to the umps.

Running his mouth? How about being a pro. Bell is the loose cannon. Similar to many Reds fans.

4 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Running his mouth? How about being a pro. Bell is the loose cannon. Similar to many Reds fans.

Bell should have been kicked out but when he was talking to the umps Rizzo should have not been involved.  He is in a middle of these things all the time but everyone thinks he is choir boy.  He just has a very punchable face  So how was he being a professional when this did not even involve him.  The umps gave both sides a warning for a high inside pitch that was not on purpose yet when the Cubs pitcher did the same thing then nothing.  If a warning has been made the next pitcher to throw at the head should be tossed.  Not saying the Cubs pitcher did it on purpose either but a warning was given the inning before.

8 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Bell should have been kicked out but when he was talking to the umps Rizzo should have not been involved.  He is in a middle of these things all the time but everyone thinks he is choir boy.  He just has a very punchable face  So how was he being a professional when this did not even involve him.  The umps gave both sides a warning for a high inside pitch that was not on purpose yet when the Cubs pitcher did the same thing then nothing.  If a warning has been made the next pitcher to throw at the head should be tossed.  Not saying the Cubs pitcher did it on purpose either but a warning was given the inning before.

No problem there. I'd like to punch Rizzo and his 18-13 team too.

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

No problem there. I'd like to punch Rizzo and his 18-13 team too.

You could be 1-31 and I still would want to punch him  Also funny you have been complaining about the Cubs all year but now you want to throw it in my face that the Cubs are 18-13

Just now, IU Scott said:

You could be 1-31 and I still would want to punch him  Also funny you have been complaining about the Cubs all year but now you want to throw it in my face that the Cubs are 18-13

Huh? Chill bro kid or whoever.....I think most of us Cubs fans have been far more critical of our own team. I want to throw it in your face? Chill brother. 

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

That is the Cubs bullpen I was hoping to see 6-5 Reds win.  Still have not figured out why the Reds had not had Aquino up all year and was playing the likes of Ervin, van Meter and Janokowski.

Again. Cool. I hope you chill down kid. 50 or not.....there are plenty on here that like to have normal baseball conversation. I'm still laughing at the idea or thought as you say....I threw it in your face??? One of the greatest comments on here. Ever. I threw it in your face. Hahaha....

3 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Again. Cool. I hope you chill down kid. 50 or not.....there are plenty on here that like to have normal baseball conversation. I'm still laughing at the idea or thought as you say....I threw it in your face??? One of the greatest comments on here. Ever. I threw it in your face. Hahaha....

Whatever makes you feel better good night.  Just get tired of Cubs fans who think they are so great because they won 1 world series in 107 years.

Just now, IU Scott said:

Whatever makes you feel better good night.  Just get tired of Cubs fans who think they are so great because they won 1 world series in 107 years.

Hey man. I think all of us are baseball fans on here. You seem to take things a tad personal when personal wasn't involved. If you might read any of the past 100 comments on this thread.....I would think it would suggest "us Cubs fans who think they are so great" isn't what any of us of think. Today alone we talked about how we break this thing down and move on. I don't want to tell you how to act or post but come on buddy. I think we've been very cordial over the years with Reds fans. 

Archived