2020 MLB Discussion

5fouls

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

From what I've been seeing just bad play. Maddon is as good as it gets in the game. Isn't a managerial problem there.

I know their pitching is bad...Ohtani looks like a bust so far, and Puhols should probably consider calling it a day...The Rendon signing is paying off, but the roster composition is terrible...

I know you think a lot of Joe's managerial chops, but like I said, I wonder if he isn't on the downslide...

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

I know their pitching is bad...Ohtani looks like a bust so far, and Puhols should probably consider calling it a day...The Rendon signing is paying off, but the roster composition is terrible...

I know you think a lot of Joe's managerial chops, but like I said, I wonder if he isn't on the downslide...

I think he's got a 5 year window/run in him. Leyland, McKeon, Williams with first 2 have World Series success into their late 60's/early 70's. Not sure Joe's style is set for a 60 game sprint but I love the way he manages a clubhouse for a 6 month marathon. 

Time will tell. I'm more worried about the Cubs batters 2-5 averaging .216 and our team leader in RBI's is David Bote. 

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Don't be surprised if Brewers don't play tonight. 

Hit that nail on the head...

The Milwaukee Brewers and Cincinnati Reds won't play their game on Wednesday night at Miller Park, sources confirmed to ESPN.

More teams are also discussing the possibility of not playing, sources told ESPN's Jeff Passan. Among those currently discussing: The Seattle Mariners, who have the most Black players of any team in MLB, Passan reports.

1 minute ago, IUFLA said:

Hit that nail on the head...

The Milwaukee Brewers and Cincinnati Reds won't play their game on Wednesday night at Miller Park, sources confirmed to ESPN.

More teams are also discussing the possibility of not playing, sources told ESPN's Jeff Passan. Among those currently discussing: The Seattle Mariners, who have the most Black players of any team in MLB, Passan reports.

Can the fans boycott professional sports????

11 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Looks like Gerritt Cole had a rough day losing to the Braves today 5-1. Meanwhile, the Yankees managed a whopping 2 hits for the game!

Ain't gonna win too many games with an offense like that......

Should be a Reds fan when you only have 4 players hitting over .200

10 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Well, apparently a lot of other teams didn't get the memo...5 ongoing games, 2 completed games, and none of the late starters have cancelled yet...

Heyward asked to sit out with full support from players and team. Otherwise I don't know of anything else going on. 

Cubs bullpen. Gift that keeps on giving. The Tigers are at best a Triple A team. Up 3-1 go and walk the dog....down 6-3 with runners still on. Feel almost bad for Ross. He's trying the same thing Maddon did the last couple of years. Grasping at straws down there. Mix that with your stars hitting .220.......time for some conversation on trading some guys for future prospects. As a fan I'd be fine biting the bullet next year if that meant 2022 would bring a different batch.

36 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Cubs bullpen. Gift that keeps on giving. The Tigers are at best a Triple A team. Up 3-1 go and walk the dog....down 6-3 with runners still on. Feel almost bad for Ross. He's trying the same thing Maddon did the last couple of years. Grasping at straws down there. Mix that with your stars hitting .220.......time for some conversation on trading some guys for future prospects. As a fan I'd be fine biting the bullet next year if that meant 2022 would bring a different batch.

Seems like a lot of teams have trouble with their bullpens.  It just seems like bullpen pitchers are very inconsistent from game to game and even year to year.  I just think managers totally over use bullpen pitchers and they just break down easily die to much usuage. 

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

All things considered only being 2 out at this point has to feel like job well done for Cardinals.

Oh no doubt. Especially with Molina/DeJong both getting Covid, our closer opting out of the season, and plenty of other stuff. I feel like every game there are times when I’m like who the heck is this guy? So many guys I’ve never heard of haha. 

Archived