2020 MLB Discussion

5fouls

7 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Balls come off Schwarbers bat different... dude has stupid power. 428 and 444 in the same game. 

The one thing I wonder with him is will he ever hit for average? Or is he a guy that’ll typically hit sub .250 and hit a lot of bombs? To me, he’s kind of Adam Dunn-esque. 

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Stlboiler23 said:

The one thing I wonder with him is will he ever hit for average? Or is he a guy that’ll typically hit sub .250 and hit a lot of bombs? To me, he’s kind of Adam Dunn-esque. 

He hit 250 last year. I dont think anyone cares about average. 

9 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Not to many players worry about a high average any longer.  Most runs are scored from home runs so that is what all hitters are looking to do.

It makes for boring baseball but that is what is here to stay so I guess we have to get use to it.

15 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Just don’t play him in the field. Makes Schwarber look like a Gold Glover. 

This whole Schwarber sucks at LF has taken on a life of it's own. Not only is he a good fielder he's routinely been in the top on assists. Very underrated LF. I'm not saying he's Heyward but he's not Dave Kingman.

23 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I’d disagree that all hitters are looking to do that.  How do you know many don’t worry about a high average?

Because they still try to pull everything even with the shift and won't try to hit it the other way.  When a left handed hitter had the hole left side and will never try to hunt.  The batting average this year is the Lowest since 1968 so that is why I don't think they care.  I would bet most team scores around 50 percent of their runs on home runs.

55 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Well that is pretty damn good.

31 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Because they still try to pull everything even with the shift and won't try to hit it the other way.  When a left handed hitter had the hole left side and will never try to hunt.  The batting average this year is the Lowest since 1968 so that is why I don't think they care.  I would bet most team scores around 50 percent of their runs on home runs.

I would be curious as to the percentage of runs scored via a HR myself.

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

Not to many players worry about a high average any longer.  Most runs are scored from home runs so that is what all hitters are looking to do.

It makes for boring baseball but that is what is here to stay so I guess we have to get use to it.

Watch college baseball. 

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

This whole Schwarber sucks at LF has taken on a life of it's own. Not only is he a good fielder he's routinely been in the top on assists. Very underrated LF. I'm not saying he's Heyward but he's not Dave Kingman.

Yeah there's really nothing wrong with Kyle's defense.. and he has an absolute CANNON. 

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I do watch sometimes especially if IU is on.  If it is like other sports what they do professionally will eventually cross over to college and high school.

Do you live close enough to attend an IU home game? Very nice stadium, cheap entertainment. View is incredible. 

13 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Do you live close enough to attend an IU home game? Very nice stadium, cheap entertainment. View is incredible. 

I live in Greenfield which is about an hour and a half away from Bloomington. I haven't been down there since my daughter graduated.  Me and my son and my best friend goes to Hoosier Hysteria every year.

52 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Wow...the Reds have scored 134 runs this year. They've hit 52 home runs. Those 52 home runs have plated 81 runs...that's 60% of their runs scored via home runs...

Incredible...

HR2.PNG

HR3.PNG

I am surprised that the Reds has hit more homeruns than the Cubs.  I think the Cubs had 14 or 15 homeruns in this 4 game series.  I look and Rizzo has hit 8 homeruns and 4 are against the Reds and all but 2 of Haywards homeruns has been against the reds,

I don't why it is if outfielders are playing deeper or what but just don't see many balls hit over the OF's head.  I think most of the stadiums now has less room in the gap and down the line.  A ball that is hit in the air now is either caught or a homerun and not very many gap shots.  Also batters worry more about launch angles so they are not hitting line drives  but getting more of the balls up in the air.  I miss the says where teams would use speed to help score runs like how the Royals and Cardinals did in the 80's.

Archived