2023 NFL Discussion

rico

8 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

All twitter right now. Put that with what Ballard said last week. I say Wentz is a Bear by Tuesday....unless this is all talk. Which of course it absolutely can be. How's that for talking out of both sides?

Was on the Colts message board and I guess there is a tweet from Cohen that said he will not be traded

This funny.  It was in a Yahoo article.

Alex Shapiro
Sat, February 6, 2021, 9:37 PM·2 min read

•  

More content below

•  

More content below

•  

More content below

•  

More content below

•  

More content below

•  
    Chicago Bears
  •  
    Philadelphia Eagles
  •  
    Carson Wentz
  •  
    Tarik Cohen
  • +1

Report: Bears closing in on deal for Carson Wentz originally appeared on NBC Sports Chicago

Update: Tarik Cohen responded to rumors that he might be involved in a trade for Carson Wentz on Saturday night.

"Lemme clear this up real quick. Just got off the phone wit my HC and GM, bears fans we locked in[fingers crossed emoji] don’t worry. [100 emoji] people say anything nowadays man," Cohen tweeted.

Could the Bears' search for their next starting QB come to an end before the Super Bowl kicks off? According to Natalie Egenolf, who is a co-host of NBC Sports Philadelphia’s Birds Outsiders show, the Bears are closing in on a trade for Eagles’ quarterback Carson Wentz.

Source is telling me Bears deal for Wentz is close. Foles is speculated to be included with another offensive player and a first rounder. Buckle up.

— Natalie Egenolf (@NatalieEgenolf) February 7, 2021

Name I’m hearing is Tarik Cohen, a first rounder and yes world, Nick Foles. https://t.co/dEsK5N8oV8

— Natalie Egenolf (@NatalieEgenolf) February 7, 2021

Buzz that Wentz might be on the move heated up on Friday, with the Bears linked in multiple reports. However what makes Egenolf’s report unique is the fact that Ryan Pace’s offer might include Tarik Cohen in addition to Nick Foles.

Wentz is one of the more enigmatic quarterbacks whose name has come up in the QB carousel this offseason. On the one hand, he looked like an MVP in 2017, leading the team to an 11-2 record before a torn ACL ended his season. As you likely remember, current Bears QB Nick Foles replaced Wentz and led the Eagles to a Super Bowl win over the Patriots that season.

On the other hand, Wentz looked truly awful last season. He finished the year tied for the league lead with 15 interceptions, despite only starting 12 games. Wentz was so ineffective, Doug Pederson benched Wentz for rookie Jalen Hurts midway through Week 13, and Wentz never saw the field again.

When rumors began trending, most Bears fans were not happy with the reports. Some pundits took some shots at the Bears front office as well.

#Bears GM Ryan Pace and HC Matt Nagy were provided one more year by ownership to prove themselves. It would take a lot of nerve to bet your last chance Carson Wentz coming off his 2020 season.

— Ed Werder (@WerderEdESPN) February 6, 2021

Trading for Carson Wentz when Deshaun Watson is available is a little like trading up to draft Mitchell Trubisky when Deshaun Watson is available. #Bears

— Mike Ferrin (@Mike_Ferrin) February 6, 2021

Really tough one today because I like so many players from both teams. I'm thinking Chiefs win 34-27 range....although I need Bucs( 6) and Chiefs (7 or 0) for squares. Have fun today gang. 

Hats off again to the NFL making it the greatest product in sports. No cancels, all games played....and exciting finish tonight in a dream tv matchup.

Another hat tip to all the healthcare professionals too. You wouldn't believe what some of the nurses had to do to not only do all the tests but travel to away games (without getting tickets) for the sake of our enjoyment on TV. 3am testing calls on Saturday and Sunday morning just to clear up false positives,etc...all season long. 

2 hours ago, jv1972iu said:

He's doing his job.  It was the Super Bore.  Lots of hype, spectacle and build up only to have the game turn out to be a dud.  JMO.  At least Puppy Bowl had Snoop Dog and Martha!!   😋

I'd rather listen to those two. Romo "predicts" the most OBVIOUS plays. Idk I'm not a fan. 

3 hours ago, btownqb said:

I'd rather listen to those two. Romo "predicts" the most OBVIOUS plays. Idk I'm not a fan. 

I hear you.  But you understand that they aren't obvious to the average bozo...like me.   😁  It was a boring game.  And I so wish that Tom Brady would retire.  Sick of hearing all the goat talk.