2023 NFL Discussion

rico

13 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

They’ve been talking about re signing Brissett, however, they’ve been looking at Zach Wilson 

How about Jimmy Garrapolo?

To get up to the top 3 draft picks to get Wilson, that’s got to be three ones and a couple of twos.  The Redskins traded three ones and a two to get up to draft Robert Griffin.  But they had the 6th or 8th pick (something in that range).  Falling to twentieth or wherever the Colts are would be brutal for the team trading down. They’d need a haul.  

Edited by BobSaccamanno

4 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

How about Jimmy Garrapolo?

To get up to the top 3 draft picks to get Wilson, that’s got to be three ones and a couple of twos.  The Redskins traded three ones and a two to get up to draft Robert Griffin.  But they had the 6th or 8th pick (something in that range).  Falling to twentieth or wherever the Colts are would be brutal for the team trading down. They’d need a haul.  

Correct me if I wrong, I heard the 49ers are keeping Jimmy G since he has an outrageous contract. But from what I heard from Ballard, they want a dynamic QB

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Correct me if I wrong, I heard the 49ers are keeping Jimmy G since he has an outrageous contract. But from what I heard from Ballard, they want a dynamic QB

I am not a huge Jimmy G fan either. But at least he’s competent.  He has trouble taking hits though.  I brought him up because I’ve read that SF is heavily involved on Watson but maybe that all changed.  You seem to be more up to date than I am.  It’s hard to keep up sometimes lol.  

Carolina is another team who may either trade up in the draft or trade for Watson.  They’d probably keep Bridgewater but maybe if you throw off a first round pick for him, they’d deal him.  You put a really good team around him and he’s solid.  

I am just looking around the league and seeing where possible musical chairs lie.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I am not a huge Jimmy G fan either. But at least he’s competent.  He has trouble taking hits though.  I brought him up because I’ve read that SF is heavily involved on Watson but maybe that all changed.  You seem to be more up to date than I am.  It’s hard to keep up sometimes lol.  

Carolina is another team who may either trade up in the draft or trade for Watson.  They’d probably keep Bridgewater but maybe if you throw off a first round pick for him, they’d deal him.  You put a really good team around him and he’s solid.  

I am just looking around the league and seeing where possible musical chairs lie.  

I can see us going after Lance, heard he’s been on the radar

17 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

He did not say that about a dynamic QB.  DD asked him if you needed a dynamic QB to compete and he said if you can get one that would be great but don't have to have one to compete.  He also said those QB's don't grow on trees and you need a QB that you can win with.  He also said you don't just trade up to get a QB just because you need one.  You have to be sure on one to move up if not you will set your franchise back for years.  He said he would not just take a QB to make the fans happy.  You can go to YouTube to watch the Ballard interview.

4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

He did not say that about a dynamic QB.  DD asked him if you needed a dynamic QB to compete and he said if you can get one that would be great but don't have to have one to compete.  He also said those QB's don't grow on trees and you need a QB that you can win with.  He also said you don't just trade up to get a QB just because you need one.  You have to be sure on one to move up if not you will set your franchise back for years.  He said he would not just take a QB to make the fans happy.  You can go to YouTube to watch the Ballard interview.

Ah ok, I think I misheard him on that part

1 minute ago, Leathernecks said:

That seems like an odd deal for the Eagles. Why would they want Nick Foles and another player? The other player would have to be pretty significant. I'd rather have more picks than Foles and another player (depending on who that player is). 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, BGleas said:

That seems like an odd deal for the Eagles. Why would they want Nick Foles and another player? The other player would have to be pretty significant. I'd rather have more picks than Foles and another player (depending on who that player is). 

To get rid of that contract.  Also don't follow closely but what offensive player does the Bears have that would make the Eagles want to make this trade.

3 minutes ago, BGleas said:

It seems like an odd deal for both teams.  The Bears are trying to bandage a below average offense and an aging defense with a QB who is solid, but probably not spectacular.  I worry it will be Robinson or Miller thrown into the deal.  Then it would be really bad for the Bears.

The Eagles must really want to be done with Wentz.  Maybe Foles will be thrown in to help offset some of Wentz's contract?  As of this point, it is basically Wentz for the 20th pick which doesn't seem like a great trade for the Eagles.

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

To get rid of that contract.  Also don't follow closely but what offensive player does the Bears have that would make the Eagles want to make this trade.

This isn't a contract dump though. Wentz's deal isn't great, but the Eagles aren't simply looking to dump a bad contract here. You can get a backup like Foles on the open market, there's no need to trade for him. I'd rather have a draft pick throw in. 

Other than Allan Robinson, who I can't imagine would be part of this and might actually be a free agent, I can't think of anyone off the top of my head the Eagles would be angling for. 

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Robinson, Miller, Mooney, and Montgomery are probably the only decent assets the Bears have on offense.  So basically their top 3 WR, and their RB.  Cohen would probably have some value too, but coming off knee surgery that might not be that high.

Just now, Leathernecks said:

Robinson, Miller, Mooney, and Montgomery are probably the only decent assets the Bears have on offense.  So basically their top 3 WR, and their RB.  Cohen would probably have some value too, but coming off knee surgery that might not be that high.

Robinson is a free agent so he can't be traded.  I think the Eagles need both WR and RB

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

Robinson is a free agent so he can't be traded.  I think the Eagles need both WR and RB

They could franchise tag him and keep him for a year, or do a sign and trade to another team.  He's probably out of Chicago this year or next year anyways, so he seems most likely to be included in the deal.

45 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Tarik Cohen. 1st rounder and Foles to Eagles. We get Wentz and his contract. To quote the great Thomas Paine...these are the times that try men's souls. 

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Have no idea what the Colt's are going to do for QB.  Sounded like according to Ballard he was surprised that Rivers retired this year.  Maybe if Brees come back they could take a chance on Winston

Brees is restructuring his deal for a little of 1 million a year.  He's done.  Surprised he hasn't announced retirement before news of the restructuring came out.  

2 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

The current rumor is Bears 1st, Foles, and Cohen for Wentz and the Eagles 2nd round pick.  Wentz's contract must have really turned teams away.  Eagles basically moving up a round and getting rid of Wentz.

That was going around that the Eagles would have to give more than Wentz in a trade..  I think Ballard is a great GM and he really has to pull out something at the QB position