2023 NFL Discussion

rico

2 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Hearing Panthers are making a push for Watson 

Cowboys have entered the chat about Stafford 

I read where the Jets or dolphins has the best chance with Watson.  I believe there is no way that the Texans will trade Watson to a division team.  Also the colts first round pick is in the 20's this year and with a great QB will be even lower in the future.  If I were the Texans I am eying teams that are bad who have high draft picks.

As a Washington fan, with our defense being pretty solid I would trade the 19th pick this year and a second next year for stafford. Bring in Golladay or Jones who are FA from Detroit at WR and draft for need with remaining picks. You have a decent team then. Pipe dream for me tho lol. Our new Gm Mayhew drafted stafford in 2007 with Detroit so ya never know. 

Edited by Hoosierfan1215
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Here's the thing that if I was Ballard I'm thinking. 2 first round picks for Watson or more? Or do I secure Stafford for 1 1st round pick and maybe and 2nd/3rd in following year. Does Watson raise the bar that much in what I/Colts stand to lose in not having another 1st round pick?

Colts used their first round pick this year for one of the best dline guys in the league. If I'm Ballard....secure Stafford, buy a wide receiver in free agency and draft OLine to replace Castonzo. 

I believe Watson is top 2 or 3 QB. get him and Colts become the top contender with Chiefs in AFC. Get him and Robinson and I think they become best team in football

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I believe Watson is top 2 or 3 QB. get him and Colts become the top contender with Chiefs in AFC. Get him and Robinson and I think they become best team in football

Agree with all of that too. My brain changes daily regarding Watson. For my Bears too. Colts don't have many holes to fill besides qb....where as Bears need help at so many positions it's hard to part ways with multiple 1st round picks. Tough call to make. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Kind of interesting they didn't throw in next year's 1st instead of their 2nd and 3rd.  If they do get Stafford, it probably won't be that good of a pick.

For the Colts, they have to give up at least a 1st round pick.  Their 2nd and 3rd are worse than the 49ers, and I don't think it would make sense to throw 5 picks at them just to match the 49ers offer.  

13 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Yes. DO NOT BID LOW!!!!!

From this trade value chart, the 49ers trade was 690 points in picks this year.  If they get Stafford, it would surprise me if they pick in the mid 20s next year.  They were decimated by injuries this year, but they would have a really solid team if they got Stafford.  That gives them around 450-500 points for the 2nd and 3rd picks next year.  Roughly 1140-1190 points for the total trade.

The Colts 1st round pick this year is 800, and their 2nd round pick is 360 for 1160 points.

Obviously trades aren't made just based on these point totals, but kind of interesting to see a rough estimate of the value.

I'm thinking the Colts would probably need to give up two 1st round picks, or a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd.

1 minute ago, Leathernecks said:

From this trade value chart, the 49ers trade was 690 points in picks this year.  If they get Stafford, it would surprise me if they pick in the mid 20s next year.  They were decimated by injuries this year, but they would have a really solid team if they got Stafford.  That gives them around 450-500 points for the 2nd and 3rd picks next year.  Roughly 1140-1190 points for the total trade.

The Colts 1st round pick this year is 800, and their 2nd round pick is 360 for 1160 points.

Obviously trades aren't made just based on these point totals, but kind of interesting to see a rough estimate of the value.

I'm thinking the Colts would probably need to give up two 1st round picks, or a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd.

And I was told "no GM in their right mind would give up 2 1sts for Stafford" .... I would prefer the Colts to trade 2 1sts rather than 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. Ballard is money in the middle rounds. Give him more swings at bat. I believe two firsts for Stafford is more than reasonable.